2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Schkite on February 05, 2018, 05:09:02 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 05, 2018, 04:08:48 PM
The odds have changed a good bit. Just goes to show how much the bookies know.

Kildare were 33/1 to win outright before a ball was kicked but are out to 100/1 now.
Galway went from 25/1 to 16/1.

The bottom 4 are rated as follows by oddschecker :

Monaghan   16      
Tyrone   33      
Donegal   50      
Kildare   100      

Monaghan  look overrated

Well we're the only one of those 4 teams to have points on the board yet, and that came in an away game. Ffs can we not have even a couple of days of feeling positive before the doom merchants consign us to relegation again?!

16/1 odds is hardly odds that suggest we have a good chance of winning the league, so I don't get the overrated thing.

Seafold, have another look at the listed odds, Galway are 15/2 to lift the league title, in from 16/1.   

re Monaghan @16/1 in from 25/1, wouldn't it be a tad cruel on Kildare if beating them on their home turf had no positive effect on your form and ranking? :)

yellowcard

Former Footballer of the Year Lee Keegan has hit out at the tackle that saw his Mayo team-mate Evan Regan suffer facial injuries that will likely require surgery.

The incident occurred during Mayo's NFL Division 1 defeat to Kerry in Castlebar on Saturday night.

Regan is likely to miss the rest of the league campaign with the injury and Westport man Keegan described the tackle as "a very bad challenge" when discussing some of the fringe players who have impressed him in Mayo's league campaign to date.

"Evan Regan got a bad injury at the weekend so that could curtail his league campaign again. I thought he was doing ok. I thought he had a good game against Monaghan. Got a bad tackle at the weekend, and he got a bad outcome there; a broken jaw. He's going to have to try and look after that for a couple of months anyway.

"We're still looking at a couple of guys there, a lot of young guys at the moment so I think Stephen's going to change it up hopefully again and get a look at these guys and see where they are."

A Mayo spokesperson last night described Regan's injury as a "facial bone fracture and concussion injury" while Keegan revealed he would likely require surgery.

"A very bad challenge to be honest. I was literally in line with it. It was bad now I have to say. I was chatting to him yesterday and he was in a bad way still. I know he got a bit of bad news, he has to get surgery now I think.

Do we know what happened in this incident that has left Regan requiring surgery for a broken jaw? Although I didn't see the game, I understand that it was broadcast on Eir Sport, was there an obvious challenge that brought about the end of Regan's League campaign.

seafoid

Quote from: Main Street on February 05, 2018, 08:51:10 PM

Kildare were 33/1 to win outright before a ball was kicked but are out to 100/1 now.

Monaghan   16      
Tyrone   33      
Donegal   50      
Kildare   100      

Monaghan  look overrated

Well we're the only one of those 4 teams to have points on the board yet, and that came in an away game. Ffs can we not have even a couple of days of feeling positive before the doom merchants consign us to relegation again?!

16/1 odds is hardly odds that suggest we have a good chance of winning the league, so I don't get the overrated thing.

Seafold, have another look at the listed odds, Galway are 15/2 to lift the league title, in from 16/1.   

re Monaghan @16/1 in from 25/1, wouldn't it be a tad cruel on Kildare if beating them on their home turf had no positive effect on your form and ranking? :)
They were 16/1 just now. Same as Monaghan

https://www.oddschecker.com/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/nfl-division-1/winner

I think odds for February football are very unreliable.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Main Street

Quote from: seafoid on February 06, 2018, 11:20:13 AM
Quote from: Main Street on February 05, 2018, 08:51:10 PM

Monaghan   16      
Tyrone   33      
Donegal   50      
Kildare   100      

Monaghan  look overrated

They were 16/1 just now. Same as Monaghan

https://www.oddschecker.com/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/nfl-division-1/winner

I think odds for February football are very unreliable.
Did you not think that maybe there was something up  there?  the discrepancy between 16/1 and 15/2  in the quoted odds for Galway didn't ring a bell?
The BET365 16/1 odds on Galway that you cherry picked are not applicable. 0n the Bet365 website itself, Galway are 9/1.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Aaron Boone

Quote from: seafoid on February 06, 2018, 09:26:44 PM
Monaghan are out to 18/1
Sure it's all by-the-by.

Dublin beat AN Other in the final. The best are back to their best.

Avondhu star

Quote from: yellowcard on February 06, 2018, 11:01:28 AM
Former Footballer of the Year Lee Keegan has hit out at the tackle that saw his Mayo team-mate Evan Regan suffer facial injuries that will likely require surgery.

The incident occurred during Mayo's NFL Division 1 defeat to Kerry in Castlebar on Saturday night.

Regan is likely to miss the rest of the league campaign with the injury and Westport man Keegan described the tackle as "a very bad challenge" when discussing some of the fringe players who have impressed him in Mayo's league campaign to date.

"Evan Regan got a bad injury at the weekend so that could curtail his league campaign again. I thought he was doing ok. I thought he had a good game against Monaghan. Got a bad tackle at the weekend, and he got a bad outcome there; a broken jaw. He's going to have to try and look after that for a couple of months anyway.

"We're still looking at a couple of guys there, a lot of young guys at the moment so I think Stephen's going to change it up hopefully again and get a look at these guys and see where they are."

A Mayo spokesperson last night described Regan's injury as a "facial bone fracture and concussion injury" while Keegan revealed he would likely require surgery.

"A very bad challenge to be honest. I was literally in line with it. It was bad now I have to say. I was chatting to him yesterday and he was in a bad way still. I know he got a bit of bad news, he has to get surgery now I think.

Do we know what happened in this incident that has left Regan requiring surgery for a broken jaw? Although I didn't see the game, I understand that it was broadcast on Eir Sport, was there an obvious challenge that brought about the end of Regan's League campaign.
Surely you are not suggesting that the Princes of Gaelic football would engage in thuggery.
Ignore Donaghey antics last August when he realised Mayo had them beaten, Darren  O Se antics against Cork or going back Deenihans tricks against Jimmy Barry Murphy
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

tonto1888

There was an incident were a Mayo lad had been knocked to the ground. As he was getting to his knees a Kerry lad hit him with the shoulder. A cheap shot. I don't know if that's the one though

MayoBuck

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 06, 2018, 10:59:54 PM

There was an incident were a Mayo lad had been knocked to the ground. As he was getting to his knees a Kerry lad hit him with the shoulder. A cheap shot. I don't know if that's the one though

No, that was the Kerry no 19 on Cillian O'Connor.

Regan was caught by a swinging arm while running towards goal.

tonto1888

Quote from: MayoBuck on February 07, 2018, 12:48:11 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 06, 2018, 10:59:54 PM

No, that was the Kerry no 19 on Cillian O'Connor.

Regan was caught by a swinging arm while running towards goal.

That one was bad too but I didn't realise it had caused an injury to that extent

Main Street

Monaghan are out to 18/1
Seafold, the evidence so far indicates that it's best for you not to look at betting websites and try to infer a meaning, it's not your forte.

Hound

Quote from: Main Street on February 08, 2018, 04:11:44 PM
Monaghan are out to 18/1
Seafold, the evidence so far indicates that it's best for you not to look at betting websites and try to infer a meaning, it's not your forte.
Ah, it's a bit of light relief to read his analysis!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Hound on February 08, 2018, 04:34:59 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 08, 2018, 04:11:44 PM
Monaghan are out to 18/1
Ah, it's a bit of light relief to read his analysis!
Ah, well, he'd give Syferus a run for his money any day.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Main Street

Monaghan have reserved Inniskeen's Gratton Park for the visit of the Kerrymen, who are  apparently now well versed in the dark arts, having just put Mayo to the elbow (or was it many elbows?).  While Mayo men are still wailing and crying foul, possibly Kerry's dander is up and they think they can go toe to toe with Monaghan men in the dark arts stakes.

Ironic that the subject of Kavanagh's deep yearning for the one whose "dark hair would weave a snare
that I may one day rue" turned out to be a Kerrywoman.  "A creature made of clay" no less. It's time to put Kavanagh's lingering and troubled soul to rest in true eternal peace at his Inniskeen grave.

Main Street

The Monaghan panel has been announced, the first 15 named are but a guideline to the starting line up.  Ryan Wylie is back in the panel after his suspension for a mysterious red card v Mayo, his supposed victim A O'Shea was also clearly mystified as to what Ryan did to earn that card.
Conor McManus would probably be expected to play some part in the proceedings, maybe even a crucial part.
I think this team can beat Kerry who afterwards will probably just be thankful for keeping the scoreboard respectable and for the  competitive experience at this level for their team of (tired) schoolboys drafted in at the last minute.

Rory Beggan;
Kieran Duffy, Conor Boyle, Barry Kerr;
Neil McAdam, Paraic McGuirk, Karl O'Connell;
Darren Hughes, Niall Kearns;
Dessie Ward, Dermot Malone, Fintan Kelly;
Conor McCarthy, Jack McCarron, David Garland

Subs: Shane Garland, Ryan Wylie, Colin Walshe, Dessie Mone, Ryan McAnespie, Thomas Kerr, Owen Duffy, Paudie McKenna, Darren Freeman, Drew Wylie, Conor McManus