2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 03, 2018, 09:01:24 PM
14 man Dublin beat Tyrone by 6 points in Omagh.

I would laugh at how people think somehow Dublin wouldn't have it easy if they played in the Ulster championship except it's just not funny anymore. A Dublin team back training 3 weeks.

The only team to beat Dublin in Championship under Jim Gavin are an Ulster side.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 03, 2018, 10:27:20 PM

I would laugh at how people think somehow Dublin wouldn't have it easy if they played in the Ulster championship except it's just not funny anymore. A Dublin team back training 3 weeks.

The only team to beat Dublin in Championship under Jim Gavin are an Ulster side.

Jesus wept!

straightred

and 13 man Kerry make Mayo look silly in castlebar - in know its early but Kerry seem to be bringing lads through and I'd say they'll be the biggest threat to Dublin

seafoid

Quote from: straightred on February 03, 2018, 10:37:51 PM

and 13 man Kerry make Mayo look silly in castlebar - in know its early but Kerry seem to be bringing lads through and I'd say they'll be the biggest threat to Dublin
Sher didn't they win the league last year and adopt the mantle of great white hope. I don't remember them playing in the AIF.
Kerry have been ritually humiliated by the Dubs for the last few years. Tyrone was bad but this is probably worse
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

When you say Biggest threat. Do you mean giving them a bit of a game and still losing? Also, it's kinda depressing that we are evolving back to the 70's where it's all about Dublin and Kerry again. Montrose will be happy! They can re-run their old montages and harp on about the good old days again.

straightred

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 03, 2018, 10:43:42 PM

When you say Biggest threat. Do you mean giving them a bit of a game and still losing? Also, it's kinda depressing that we are evolving back to the 70's where it's all about Dublin and Kerry again. Montrose will be happy! They can re-run their old montages and harp on about the good old days again.

probably - because with the super 8 we are less likely to see a shock exit at 1/4 final stage. its all about the money and it wouldn't do if some did an unexpected ambush on one of the bug guns

Il Bomber Destro

I wouldn't read too much into Kerry's win today, they still have huge problems with teams running through the middle. They shipped two goals today and had two men sent off for very cynical challenges when teams were running at them. It's a massive difference between playing with 13 men in Winter football on a boggy pitch and doing it in summer at Croke Park.

It was a good game though, Geaney absolutely destroyed Harrison and Cafferkey was hooked very early on. COC's free taking is becoming an issue for Mayo and it cost them a draw at least this evening. Surely McLoughlin or O'Shea should be fit to hit those close range frees on the right hand side?

gallsman

Awful stuff from Tyrone in the second half but some encouragement can be taken for them in Lee Brennan. Very accurate and, somewhat bizarrely for a Tyrone forward, actually appears to want to shoot.

Dubs as impressive as ever. Fenton will be an all time great.

Conal McCann's man-bun is still an abomination.

Avondhu star

You're really going out on a limb with that prediction
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

galwayman

Quote from: Avondhu star on February 04, 2018, 12:20:29 AM

In a few years time yes Kerry will be their biggest threat and perhaps take over from them as they seem to have more players coming through than Dublin even.
For now though Mayo are still the biggest threat to them.
They seem to match up well against them as they have the athleticism to match the Dubs.
Of their key players Moran, Boyle & Higgins are pushing on but the likes of COC, Keegan, AOS, Durcan etc are all in their twenties so have plenty of seasons yet in them.

Orchard park

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 03, 2018, 11:00:47 PM
I wouldn't read too much into Kerry's win today, they still have huge problems with teams running through the middle. They shipped two goals today and had two men sent off for very cynical challenges when teams were running at them. It's a massive difference between playing with 13 men in Winter football on a boggy pitch and doing it in summer at Croke Park.

It was a good game though, Geaney absolutely destroyed Harrison and Cafferkey was hooked very early on. COC's free taking is becoming an issue for Mayo and it cost them a draw at least this evening. Surely McLoughlin or O'Shea should be fit to hit those close range frees on the right hand side?

Have you seen aidan o'shea  kick  ball often ??????

Stick to trolling other posters about fine Gael history

straightred

Quote from: Avondhu star on February 04, 2018, 12:20:29 AM

:)  i know - its a bit depressing thinking about it.

seafoid

Kildare lose by a point. Very hard luck.

straightred

Quote from: seafoid on February 04, 2018, 04:01:48 PM
Kildare lose by a point. Very hard luck.

that's division 1. Monaghan v unlucky to lose by a point last week. Donegal lose last week and again today by a point. There's a traffic jam at the bottom  !

seafoid

Tyrone v Kildare will be a humdinger although the 2 have the Dublin match over and are probably better than their nul points might suggest.