Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teaminamillion

Harte has to be faced down just like all bullys. The Tyrone players have to withdraw their services until the serpent has it's head cut off. That won't happen til the end of 2017. Time for action now!

longballin

Will Tyrone players be told to not play for their clubs on Sunday night after training Thursday night and all weekend?  :-\

Up The Middle

I'd be surprised if any of them strip out on Sunday evening. Harte is some boy, its time he was taken to task over this. The players knew nothing about this training weekend until after the fixtures were released, which suggests he only organised it after the fixtures and to cause issues. Seems like a power struggle at Garvaghy. Theres only going to be one loser and that's the clubs. Pure stubbornness and ignorance from Harte which is his MO.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Under Lights

Fair play to MH, takes a strong man to stand by his beliefs in the face of adversary. If we are holding the anglo celt what come July there will be nothing but celebration. If some people need to be cannon fodder for that to happen so be it. That's war people.

vallankumous

Quote from: Under Lights on April 21, 2017, 08:34:01 AM
Fair play to MH, takes a strong man to stand by his beliefs in the face of adversary. If we are holding the anglo celt what come July there will be nothing but celebration. If some people need to be cannon fodder for that to happen so be it. That's war people.

That's short sighted. It's the clubs feeding the County and it seems that rather than cannon fodder it's cutting your own throat.
If nobody wants to play club football your celebrations won't be happening.

Under Lights

Quote from: vallankumous on April 21, 2017, 08:40:28 AM

That's short sighted. It's the clubs feeding the County and it seems that rather than cannon fodder it's cutting your own throat.
If nobody wants to play club football your celebrations won't be happening.

Meh, ever hear of thinning the herd? Of course the weaker will take their chance to walk away and use this as a justification, as far as I see it there will be six or seven league games played before the first round of Ulster- half of the league wrapped up with just one starred game used. Bodes well for the year on the club scene imo. People love to be outraged.

redhandefender

I generally support harte if some of his decisions do confuse me.

But this situation seems ridiculous. I am no physio but common sense says if you train Friday Saturday you should not be playing a game on Sunday evening. Unless they are going down just to lay about chatting. If that's the case then why not do it closer to home and save the weekend away to weekend of starred or no fixtures?

I don't think its a power struggle I think harte knows now he is half way out the door and this is his one final throw of the dice.

Up The Middle

You have to be taking the piss
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

vallankumous

vallankumous

Quote from: Under Lights on April 21, 2017, 09:04:26 AM

Meh, ever hear of thinning the herd? Of course the weaker will take their chance to walk away and use this as a justification, as far as I see it there will be six or seven league games played before the first round of Ulster- half of the league wrapped up with just one starred game used. Bodes well for the year on the club scene imo. People love to be outraged.

I'm not outraged.

Legoman5

Heard it was your man Kerr who met the Dromore team in Pomeroy and told them under no circumstances will this game go ahead tonight!
Complete shambles and embarrassment!!
If the clubs agrered to playt he game then it should have been played!! Harte was happy enuf for the games to go ahead on Thursday only last week and then decides to put a training session on for Tyrone then!
I wonder did Pomeroy and Dromore and back Omaghs stance!

Club boi

I've said it before, only a matter of time before "Club" players are contracted to their County for that playing year and Club League Football goes on ahead without them. Would sort this shambles from happening. No point holding up league games for 90% of players just to keep 1 man and his 10% happy

Make them available for Club Championship yeah but let the league games go ahead.

No wonder the youth are disinterested and player drop outs after 18 are so high

HealyHellRaiser

I believe Dromore agreed to play the game on Thursday due to a Pomeroy wedding on Saturday, There was no mention of Tyrone training on the Thursday when this was agreed. CCC gave the clubs the option of playing it as starred but according to Dromore lads the Pomeroy county men were adamant they were going to play for the club and f##k Tyrone training. MH then intervened to get the CCC to pull the game completely. Its unfair on both clubs, the Pomeroy players may have their first Wedding with no drink.....

southtyronegael

Why was the dromore-Pomeroy game not moved to Sunday?

southtyronegael

Answered above thanks. Harte should be chased.