GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 15, 2020, 12:27:44 PM
Well at least it's a start.

Sports Associations will meet with government tomorrow 'to take account of size and different conditions for larger events.'

Monaghan co. final next sunday in Clones, capactiy 35k, I'd have a hope for 2,000 supporters being allowed.

Rossfan

They'll hardly get that all sorted out by the weekend??
Ros Inter Final Saturday and Senior Final Sunday limited to 200 spectators as of now.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: Main Street on September 15, 2020, 12:36:19 PM

Sports Associations will meet with government tomorrow 'to take account of size and different conditions for larger events.'

Monaghan co. final next sunday in Clones, capactiy 35k, I'd have a hope for 2,000 supporters being allowed.

Yes only 200 is not much use for county finals that normally have at average 5k at them.

Now with more covid cases per week its ok for 200 supporters, Can anyone now explain the logic why games was put behind closed door on August 18th, the car pooling and meeting up after matches seems to be forgotten about all of sudden?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 15, 2020, 01:01:25 PM

Yes only 200 is not much use for county finals that normally have at average 5k at them.

Now with more covid cases per week its ok for 200 supporters, Can anyone now explain the logic why games was put behind closed door on August 18th, the car pooling and meeting up after matches seems to be forgotten about all of sudden?

Micheal Martin is Taoiseach, that's the logic.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

imtommygunn

Likewise I don't get it. It's not like cases are going down.

Don't get me wrong I wasn't sure I agreed in the first place but suddenly changing it in the face of things probably getting worse seems odd.

Blowitupref

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 15, 2020, 02:08:07 PM

Likewise I don't get it. It's not like cases are going down.

Don't get me wrong I wasn't sure I agreed in the first place but suddenly changing it in the face of things probably getting worse seems odd.

Very odd indeed. Only explanation I can think of is that those in power made a mistake to put outdoor sport games behind closed doors in August.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

five points

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 15, 2020, 02:14:00 PM

Very odd indeed. Only explanation I can think of is that those in power made a mistake to put outdoor sport games behind closed doors in August.

The other is that they haven't a clue what they are at.

Main Street

What do we have Civil Defence for? this is a perfect role for them to get involved in, defending the people from themselves in matters of health and safety. This is the herd part of herd immunity, let the CD herd the 2,000 supporters into the stadium, 1m. socially distant and after the game herd them out of town.  Chase them crazy baldheads out of town and let them do the celebrations  back home in their own town.

Rossfan

J70

At least the misery for whichever of us loses the Ballybofey game will be short-lived.

Its going to be interesting to see these games pan out in empty grounds. Donegal-Tyrone and Monaghan-Cavan are usually pretty passionate, keenly contested, derbies, to say the least!

Eire90

i kind of wanted Donegal V Tyrone on the halloween night under floodlights would have been amazing.

Eire90

Ulster Final should be played in Ulster

armaghniac

Quote from: Eire90 on September 18, 2020, 01:03:21 AM
Ulster Final should be played in Ulster

It will be be. I do not believe they going to big crowds at these games, the way things are going . There will be a few hundred allowed and several county grounds could host the final in that case. The idea of bringing a load of people to Dublin to Croke Park is not a runner.
Perhaps the All Ireland final should be played in Ulster? It has been previously in Leinster and Connacht and if feck all are allowed attend then the Athletic grounds would do fine. It would be ideal for the new Casement, which doesn't exist.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Quote from: Eire90 on September 18, 2020, 12:59:46 AM
i kind of wanted Donegal V Tyrone on the halloween night under floodlights would have been amazing.
There'll be enough horror out that night without adding those to it. ;D