Coronation Street Script Writers Predict Antrim could win an All Ireland !

Started by Atticus_Finch, July 09, 2009, 07:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atticus_Finch

I was having a night-in with the missus the other night and was forced to watch Coronation Street. I have to say I was captivated by the episode because I couldn't help but notice how the writers of Coronation street have used their current storyline to reflect their predictions for who's going to win the Sam Maguire. 

They have done this in a less than subtle way.   Allow me to explain ...

There is a character in Corrie called "Tyrone" who in the current storyline symbolises County Tyrone.

Once upon a time Tyrone had everything he wanted, he had the moon and the stars, and most importantly to him he had his Molly (Molly = Sam Maguire, Moon and the Stars = Sean Cavanagh, Footballer of the year , 2008)

Tyrone thought that when he got married that Molly would be his forever (Tyrone thought they would become the Kilkenny of modern day football, winning Sam year after year)

So as a result Tyrone started taking Molly for granted,  and didn't show her the TLC she truly deserved (Tyrone took Sam Maguire for granted, got complacent and it was only a matter of time before they got knocked off their perch and were dethroned as All-Ireland Champs)

As she was feeling neglected Molly started looking around the Rovers for another possible suitor, when an unlikely candidate, Kevin Webster (Antrim) catches her eye.

Traditionally Kevin wasn't regarded as a much of a ladies man around the street,  his last big achievement with the ladies , Sally Webster (1951 Ulster Title) had long been forgotten about.

Kevin decided it was time for a change, spruce himself up a bit and show a more appealing side to the corrie ladies (Baker Bradley comes on board for the Saffrons, gets them out of Division 4 and gets them playing some nice ball).

So it was inevitable that Molly and Kevin were going to embark on a passionate affair (passionate affair = Ulster Championship run).

As time passed,  Kevin started to take this affair a bit more serious and made plans for a weekend away with his new love (Weekend Away=Ulster Title)

That weekend away hasn't taken place yet but who knows if it goes well, one thing could lead to another and Kevin and Molly could get married (Getting Married = Antrim win All Ireland)

One thing is clear, Tyrone has lost Molly forever (Tyrone will never win the All Ireland again).  The way he is going it looks like that Tyrone will end up with the big ginger mess, Fizz (Fizz = Playing Division Four Football)

I believe the above is an obvious interpretation of the above especially when you consider that despite his Manchester accent it is no secret that Kevin Webster was born and reared in Randalstown.

I for one hope Kevin and Molly find true love and wish them a happily ever after.

Aointroim Abu,

Atticus
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

red hander

Denn Forever

;D ;D :DCan see this being moved to the General discussion board.

First I thought it would have something to do with big Jim McDonald but I suppose being ex army should have given me some idea.

Noted that you don't bring Molly's mother into this. She being a schemer and using some of Tyrone and Molly's wedding money for her own use.

Await the next installment.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

tyronefan

ONeill

Yes, all that happened in 2006.

We're 3 years ahead of the script.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

dillinger

Great story. Pity it has to be fiction. Antrim to win the Ulster would do me. ;D

GrandMasterFlash

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

SLIGONIAN

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 11, 2009, 08:04:24 AM
Quote from: hardstation on July 11, 2009, 12:12:59 AM
Surely there's a way of having Rosie in the story.

Obviously you seen last night's episode too!  :o

What did she do?? Ive always been a Rosie fan but never get round to actually watch the show.

Norf Tyrone

Sent you a PM there Sligonian and Niall. Want to keep the GAA part clean, and can't be arsed lookin the appropriate thread on Non Gaa. Enjoy!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Atticus_Finch

Hardstation, between you and me, Rosie is too preoccupied with being involved with my dreams to be involved in the above storyline.

But i have to admit there are flaws in the above analogy.  If Mollly Dobbs symbolises the all ireland then i think the GAA are going to have to add a new trophy to the cabinet.

This trophy, the "Rosie Webster",  would be the holy grail of all GAA trophies. 

Your county would only be awarded the "Rosie Webster" if they had won Ten Sam Maguires, back to back.  If your county fell short of this decade of winning sam and won say only five, your county would then be awarded the "Maria Conor", not a bad accolade either !

HOWL ON A MINUTE THERE LADS .... what if Antrim (Kevin Webster) won ten all-irelands back to back ??   That would be a bit taboo alright.

I think i'm going to have to go back to the drawing board on this one lads,

Atticus
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on July 11, 2009, 10:54:43 AM

Hardstation, between you and me, Rosie is too preoccupied with being involved with my dreams to be involved in the above storyline.

But i have to admit there are flaws in the above analogy.  If Mollly Dobbs symbolises the all ireland then i think the GAA are going to have to add a new trophy to the cabinet.

This trophy, the "Rosie Webster",  would be the holy grail of all GAA trophies. 

Your county would only be awarded the "Rosie Webster" if they had won Ten Sam Maguires, back to back.  If your county fell short of this decade of winning sam and won say only five, your county would then be awarded the "Maria Conor", not a bad accolade either !

HOWL ON A MINUTE THERE LADS .... what if Antrim (Kevin Webster) won ten all-irelands back to back ??   That would be a bit taboo alright.

I think i'm going to have to go back to the drawing board on this one lads,

Atticus

Jees Atticus the way your mind works is surreal but f@#king hilarious stuff all the same :D and if Carlsberg did analogies your would probably the best in the world ;).

Im not from Antrim but giving the stuff they had to deal with last 40 yrs I will love it if they win, Love it.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"