Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo, Healy Park, March 26th @3pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 19, 2017, 04:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Quote from: Dire Ear on March 24, 2017, 05:10:43 PM
Think Meyler and McNulty could be v close to making the championship team

Why do you say that Dire Ear? I would expect Meyler but I'll be surprised if McNulty makes it.
A long way to go yet to championship time.
There is huge competition for those half back and half forward lines
T.McCann, Justy, Harte and Sludden are probably the only shoe ins.
McNabb, Munroe, McGeary, Brennan, Burns, McCrory, Meyler and McShane are all a much of a muchness.

Rois

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 24, 2017, 05:20:12 PM

Nice to learn the placenames and why they're named the way they are.
Indeed it is, I do the accounts for the Ulster Place Names Project - they used to get public funding but the only money they get these days is when a council wants to name a road or street and the experts give their fee to the project. My fee for doing the accounts was a jar of home made chutney. Very devoted people doing good work.

Cunny Funt

Two changes to the Mayo team. Barrett,Regan given starts with Vaughan loftus dropped to the bench.

Speaking of dropped. This lad wasn't given much of a chance to impress. http://www.con-telegraph.ie/news/roundup/articles/2017/03/24/4137277-shock-as-irwin-is-let-go-from-mayo-senior-gaa-squad/

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Fear ón Srath Bán

So this is the Mayo team I take it:

David Clarke, Brendan Harrison, Keith Higgins, Paddy Durcan, Colm Boyle, Lee Keegan, Chris Barrett, Tom Parsons, Danny Kirby, Fergal Boland, Cillian O'Connor, Conor O'Shea, Kevin McLoughlin, Andy Moran, Evan Regan.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Dire Ear

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 24, 2017, 05:54:23 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on March 24, 2017, 05:10:43 PM
Think Meyler and McNulty could be v close to making the championship team

Why do you say that Dire Ear? I would expect Meyler but I'll be surprised if McNulty makes it.
A long way to go yet to championship time.
There is huge competition for those half back and half forward lines
T.McCann, Justy, Harte and Sludden are probably the only shoe ins.
McNabb, Munroe, McGeary, Brennan, Burns, McCrory, Meyler and McShane are all a much of a muchness.
I think McClure is being given plenty of time but just can't see him being in the starting come c'ship ; well maybe v Derry when Harry could play!! I would have big hopes ( maybe misjudged ) for McNulty in midfield.

bucko

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 25, 2017, 12:09:10 PM

David Clarke, Brendan Harrison, Keith Higgins, Paddy Durcan, Colm Boyle, Lee Keegan, Chris Barrett, Tom Parsons, Danny Kirby, Fergal Boland, Cillian O'Connor, Conor O'Shea, Kevin McLoughlin, Andy Moran, Evan Regan.
Swap Durcan and Barrett's positions and you have it.

sambostar

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 24, 2017, 02:44:11 PM
The last 3 league fixtures between the sides were all won by Tyrone
2013 Mayo    1.11 - 1.12 Tyrone
2014 Tyrone 2.15 – 0.15   Mayo
2015 Mayo    1.07 - 1.11 Tyrone

Mickey has named probably our strongest team and it will be good to see Sludden getting back to the sort of form he started the league with. Mattie will probably be feeling a bit frustrated having not really played well in the FF line as yet. I would expect a reaction from the lads after such a poor showing last week away to Donegal and they know if they've any chance of appearing in a league final they gotta win this one.
I wonder will Keegan be marking Sean again this time?
I remember being at the match in Omagh in 2014. Matty & McCurry played inside that day & ran riot in the 1st half. Hopefully similar tactics & result tomorrow

Jinxy

Quote from: Rois on March 24, 2017, 08:04:25 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 24, 2017, 05:20:12 PM

Nice to learn the placenames and why they're named the way they are.
Indeed it is, I do the accounts for the Ulster Place Names Project - they used to get public funding but the only money they get these days is when a council wants to name a road or street and the experts give their fee to the project. My fee for doing the accounts was a jar of home made chutney. Very devoted people doing good work.

Hope you declared it to the tax man.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rois

Don't joke - I do have to do a personal tax return and I reported it. Got me in a bit of a pickle.

southtyronegael

i remember the match in omagh 2104 too. i think mattie donnelly scored 4 or 5 points from play in full forward. 2 games later he was in centre half back.

reddgnhand

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: bucko on March 25, 2017, 03:33:12 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 25, 2017, 12:09:10 PM

Swap Durcan and Barrett's positions and you have it.

GRMA a chara bucko.  We're not quite screwed, one hopes ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

macdanger2

Hoping for a good performance today. At our best, I think we're still marginally better than Tyrone but on all evidence so far this year, we should get a tanking here. However, it's backs to the wall stuff so you'd expect a bit of heart in our performance and if that's good enough so be it.