Tír Eoghain vs Doire, Saturday 28th Feb, 7pm @ Healy Park

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, February 08, 2015, 10:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Right, time to be looking forward again, with an increasingly points-desperate Derry paying a visit to Omagh, with ourselves in a much better place than we might otherwise have anticipated after today's visit to Castlebar.

Should Derry adopt the same tactics as they did in the first round of the Ulster in 2006, and we persist with the deadly duvet, there exists the real possibility that 29 players will inhabit a single half of the park at any one time, with only the opposition goalkeeper holding his spot. ;)

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

moysider

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 08, 2015, 10:38:49 PM
Right, time to be looking forward again, with an increasingly points-desperate Derry paying a visit to Omagh, with ourselves in a much better place than we might otherwise have anticipated after today's visit to Castlebar.

Should Derry adopt the same tactics as they did in the first round of the Ulster in 2006, and we persist with the deadly duvet, there exists the real possibility probability that 29 players will inhabit a single half of the park at any one time, with only the opposition goalkeeper holding his spot. ;)

Ye got plenty of practice of that kind of thing today anyway ;D  well done by the way.

For that reason, advantage Trone.

Fear ón Srath Bán

BennyHarp

Omaghs not good for us. I propose moving our home games to Castlebar.
That was never a square ball!!

moysider

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 08, 2015, 11:03:33 PM
Omaghs not good for us. I propose moving our home games to Castlebar.

Bí cúramach. In the last couple of years Kildare and Down beat us in Castlebar as well. They are now threading water in Div.2 ;)

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on February 08, 2015, 11:29:37 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 08, 2015, 10:38:49 PM
with only the opposition goalkeeper holding his spot. ;)

Lazy B'stard.

;) Though Niall Morgan did a wee bit too much of a walkabout today, and Mayo should have scored a 3-pointer out of it.

ONeill

Big fan of Morgan and he plays the game with gay abandon (copyright Fermanagh 2004) but he'll get nailed soon.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Quote from: ONeill on February 08, 2015, 11:57:03 PM
Big fan of Morgan and he plays the game with gay abandon (copyright Fermanagh 2004) but he'll get nailed soon.
not so sure anymore

Fear ón Srath Bán

In fairness to Morgan, he seems to have overcome the brickbats and boos from the stands and terraces with his frees -- a couple of great long-rangers yesterday despite the elevated decibel level from the local yokels.

Fuzzman

Morgan does indeed enjoy going walkabout and v Monaghan last year in Croker nearly got punished.
He is by far our best keeper for a long time though and I hope you're right FoSB that he has learnt to keep his head and stop coaxing reaction from the crowd as opposing fans all seem to get irate to see a keeper coming up to take frees and give them a lot more grief that outfield kickers.

I might try to make it up for this match as we rarely beat Derry in the league but usually it's always in Celtic Park. When was the last time the two met in Omagh for a league game?

Derry under pressure already and listening to radio one yesterday heard they were rather toothless until Skinner came on

Having attended school in Derry for 7 years they used to be the team I loved to hate but such rivalries have long gone.
They are now the only Ulster red arses and hopefully after this game they will have been given a good spanking by the red hands.

Was busy all weekend so didn't get to see the Mayo game yesterday so might see can I see it on TG4 player tonight.
On the radio it sounded like we played ultra defensively in the second half and Mayo had no way through the blanket.
I think Mickey had to play it like this to get points on the board as he would be under HUGE pressure with two defeats going into the crazy 3 week break.

Did big Sean play more as a team player on Sunday? How did Roanie play?
How was Justy in for and where did he play?

screenexile

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 09, 2015, 12:05:01 PM
Morgan does indeed enjoy going walkabout and v Monaghan last year in Croker nearly got punished.
He is by far our best keeper for a long time though and I hope you're right FoSB that he has learnt to keep his head and stop coaxing reaction from the crowd as opposing fans all seem to get irate to see a keeper coming up to take frees and give them a lot more grief that outfield kickers.

I might try to make it up for this match as we rarely beat Derry in the league but usually it's always in Celtic Park. When was the last time the two met in Omagh for a league game?

Derry under pressure already and listening to radio one yesterday heard they were rather toothless until Skinner came on

Having attended school in Derry for 7 years they used to be the team I loved to hate but such rivalries have long gone.
They are now the only Ulster red arses and hopefully after this game they will have been given a good spanking by the red hands.

Was busy all weekend so didn't get to see the Mayo game yesterday so might see can I see it on TG4 player tonight.
On the radio it sounded like we played ultra defensively in the second half and Mayo had no way through the blanket.
I think Mickey had to play it like this to get points on the board as he would be under HUGE pressure with two defeats going into the crazy 3 week break.

Did big Sean play more as a team player on Sunday? How did Roanie play?
How was Justy in for and where did he play?

Aye that's not Skinner just to let you know. . .

theticklemister

MON DE BUCK THE OAKLEAF

Fear ón Srath Bán

seafoid

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 09, 2015, 08:35:32 PM
Mark Lynch to be missing for this one?  ::)
Fear

Why isn't he called Marky ?
You have Petey, Justy and Matty - how do you decide if it ends in y or stays the same ?