Corcaigh v Tír Eoghain, D1R614, Páirc Uí Rinn, Sunday 30th March @ 2pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 17, 2014, 07:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Probably not far off Cork's championship 15. Giving young Hanrahan a run in goal and Colm O'Neill will replace Hayes obviously if fit, but can see most of the rest lining up that way come summer.

They've been targetting this game clearly, would expect a home win here.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Fuzzman

Why would they be targeting this game in particular.
Will be interesting to see if Mickey has abandoned the man for man attacking with gay abandonment. I also expect to see McGinley line out at wing forward now for the rest of the season. He can run, score and work his ass off whilst getting back to help the defense.
The big question for me is who is his best 6 defenders and do they include McNabb(if fit of course), Joey, Justy and block and who goes where. I hope he stops chopping and changing like he did last year. It might develop the squad as a whole but it leaves a very unsettled team in my opinion.

Muzz

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 26, 2014, 02:29:18 PM
Have you any more Lotto numbers there Shane.

Any word on Conor Gormley, Joey or Justin?
With the game live on TG4 on Sunday at 2pm I'll not be making the long journey this time.

From yesterdays Irish News

"Stevie O'Neill is coming along well.  He is not that far away.  Conor Gormley is back in training as is Marty Penrose" said Devlin (Gavin).

"Big Joe McMahon just started training again last week which is very good news."  "Justin McMahon is back out as well.  He has trained the last two or three weeks so he is maybe further ahead than anyone"

Fuzzman

I am expecting Conor, Justy and Penrose to me named in the team for Sunday
I will not be expecting to see Stevie til June

CD

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 27, 2014, 04:51:16 PM
Be brilliant to see all three lads out. Will certainly add some (much needed?) steel and experience there. Would love to see Justy playing a full summer.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

tyroneman

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 27, 2014, 04:51:16 PM

Bench only.

Comórtas: Sraith Náisiúnta Peil
Cluiche: Tír Eoghain v Corcaigh
Ionad: Páirc Uí Rinn, Corcaigh
Dáta: 30-03-14

1 - Niall Morgan - Éadan na dTorc
2 - Aidan McCrory - Aireagal Chiaráin
3 - Ronan McNamee - Achadh Uí Aráin
4 - Ryan McKenna - Eaglais
5 - Tiernan McCann - Coill an Chlochair
6 - Matthew Donnelly - Trí Leac
7 - Peter Harte - Aireagal Chiaráin
8 - Colm Cavanagh - An Mhaigh
9 - Sean Cavanagh - An Mhaigh
10 - Ciaran McGinley - Aireagal Chiaráin
11 - Shay McGuigan - Ard Bó
12 - Mark Donnelly - An Charraig Mhór
13 - Darren McCurry - Éadán na dTorc
14 - Kyle Coney - Ard Bó
15 - Connor McAliskey - Cluain Eo

16 - Michael O'Neill - Cluain Eo
17 - Kevin Gallagher - An Baile Nua
18 - Conor Gormley - An Charraig Mhór
19 - Conan Grugan - An Omaigh
20 - Peter Hughes - Eiscreach
21 - Plunkett Kane - Oileán a'Ghuail
22 - PJ Lavery - Cluain Eo
23 - Danny McBride - An Srath Ban
24 - Emmett McKenna - Eaglais
25 - Niall McKenna - Domhnach Mór
26 - Justin McMahon - An Omaigh

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

tyroneman

Fuzzman

No McNabb again and why has he named McNamee at fb the last three games?
Prior to that he wasn't getting a look in.
That full back line sure looks weak. I'd say Colm O'Neill is licking his lips

tyroneboi

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 27, 2014, 09:31:21 PM
No McNabb again and why has he named McNamee at fb the last three games?
Prior to that he wasn't getting a look in.
That full back line sure looks weak. I'd say Colm O'Neill is licking his lips

He's not on though Brian Hurley at full forward is a hell of a player as well!

Redhand Santa

After what happened in Kerry I feel that this is a very big game in tyrone's season, the most important to date. If we have genuine aims of competing for an Ireland we have to be consistent against the big teams. Over the last few years we've consistently beat teams outside he top 4 or 5 but struggled against the very best.

No disrespect to Westmeath but we were always likely to win that one. This is the first chance to prove that Kerry was a one off. I'd like to see the team go out and fight hard for every ball round the middle. And to produce a really energetic performance.

It's not a bad team. Should be full of running and plenty of scoring potential. I think we'll be a lot more competitive than some think.

reddgnhand

That full back line will be destroyed. Wouldn't rate any of them.

Redhand Santa

If they're left isolated and cork get a constant supply of good quality ball in then I'm sure they will. If tyrone are to win they'll need to at least break even round the middle and work their arses off. From what I've saw of him mcnamee deserves another go at full back and McKenna might be as good an option as we have at corner back.

omagh_gael

For information, the Cork team is:

Cork: David Hanrahan, Eoin Cadogan, Tom Clancy, Noel Galvin, Tomás Clancy, Michael Shields, James Loughrey, Aidan Walsh, Fintan Goold, John O'Rourke, Paul Kerrigan, Mark Collins, Daniel Goulding, Brian Hurley, John Hayes.

This will be a real test if the prigress this team have made, that Kerry game could have a massive impact psychologically if we don't beat a 'big' team over the next two weeks. Like others have said,  that full back line has me panicking. The only way I can see us prevailing is If we've a top class performance from our middle 8. This in itself is worrying as we haven't been great on this element of our game all year. Our performances going forward and racking up huge scores have put a gloss on the chinks further back down the field. Hoping for the best on Sunday but Cork have always been our bogey team and I can never recall us winning down there. Therefore I predict a 2-3 point loss and hopefully we can get a positive result in Omagh the following week.

Fuzzman

I have to say lads I've very negative about this game.
That full back line is a very weak, the half back line isn't too bad though I haven't saw enough of McCann.
Midfield I fear will get wiped out again as both are too easily bullied out of it as we saw in Killarney though Sean might be getting back some of his mojo the more games he gets.
If we are as slow to breaking ball as we were that day then our full back line will be under a lot of pressure and made to look bad again. I like young McKenna in the corner and think he will be there come championship time but I can't see the other two lads being first choice. We've all said McCrory has the pace to be a good CB but he just won't be aggressive enough or ever take the risk to get to the ball before his man in case he gets turned.
Hopefully McNamee proves me wrong but I just can't see him competing with Hurley.

I'm all for giving young lads their chance but so far I've been disappointed with Shay McGuigan. I know it took Brian a good while to settle into the team as well when he started out so Mickey is probably right to give him loads of chances but so far I've been very disappointed by the young lad but it's early days for him I know.
Coney at 14 is also getting plenty of chances and maybe he just needs to get back his confidence to make him the player we hoped he'd be from a minor. People tell me he hasn't a great attitude and that he shouldn't be near the starting 15 but whilst I think he'll never be the player we all hoped he still could be one of our best scoring forwards and he has the physic to win his own ball.
With Mattie probably better suited to 6 then it will be interesting to see how much ball Kyle will win on Sunday. I often think that Coney is thinking what is he gonna do with the ball before he gets it into his hands and so often he fumbles it. A bit like what Mugsy used to do.
I've a feeling we'll see Block and Justy coming on as subs in this game but sadly I think it will be when we're getting hammered in the second half

Hope I'm wrong but sorry for the negativity. Cork man sitting near me here isn't saying much about the game.

Can we afford to lose this game and still make the semis IF we beat Dublin. Will we probably be battling with the Dubs for 4th place?