Cluxton Red Card

Started by samwin08, April 02, 2014, 10:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squire_in_navy_slacks

Declan OSullivan was at it on numerous occasions against Dublin in last years semi, ie Kickouts

Crete Boom

Quote from: Zulu on April 02, 2014, 03:10:00 PM
It should be moved up to the 14 yard line of the opposition goal. If that was done then it would stop for good. Bringing it 14 yards up is no deterrent.

Agreed it would cut it out overnight if it meant losing or drawing a game.

Michael Schmeichal

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on April 02, 2014, 03:51:06 PM
Declan OSullivan was at it on numerous occasions against Dublin in last years semi, ie Kickouts

Are you sure? That sort of thing would not be in a Kerrman's DNA

AZOffaly

He was just tired, running back out to his position.

Dont Matter

McLoughlin was no where near the spot the kick outs are meant to be taken from when he was assaulted, hence Cluxton was no where near where the kick out should be taken from. It's not the first time we've seen the Dubs target a players ankles when they're playing well either. I believe Donaghy got the treatment a few years ago and others.
I don't know why people go on about Cluxtons kick outs either, sure any keeper would be able to pick a pass on a pitch they play 90% of their matches on and even get to train and practice there.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Drummerboy

I was at the match. McLoughlin and his team mates had interfered with Cluxtons kickouts on about 5 occasions. It was gamesmanship. The referee and two umpires didn't bother to take any action against this cynical fouling. I don't condone what Cluxton done, it was foolish. However referees have to take action against players who are illegally interfering with keepers taking quick kickouts.

sans pessimism

Quote from: Drummerboy on April 02, 2014, 07:03:47 PM
I was at the match. McLoughlin and his team mates had interfered with Cluxtons kickouts on about 5 occasions. It was gamesmanship. The referee and two umpires didn't bother to take any action against this cynical fouling. I don't condone what Cluxton done, it was foolish. However referees have to take action against players who are illegally interfering with keepers taking quick kickouts.
If Reilly acted on all the illegal stuff goin on,then Johnny Cooper wouldn't have seen past 20mins
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

muppet

Quote from: sans pessimism on April 02, 2014, 08:10:21 PM
Quote from: Drummerboy on April 02, 2014, 07:03:47 PM
If Reilly acted on all the illegal stuff goin on,then Johnny Cooper wouldn't have seen past 20mins

And this in a nutshell is the problem.

Inconsistency amongst referees.

Lads talking about giving 14 yard frees are missing the point. If the rules aren't enforced consistently you will still feel frustrated with the new ones as much as you do with the old ones.
MWWSI 2017