Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Look-Up!

Still 17 games to play so an awful lot can happen but they're exactly where they want to be. Injury crises can often swing momentum in a title chase but as things stand it's hard to see past them doing 4 in a row. If it weren't for a certain German, it'd be 7 in a row.

Milltown Row2

I think its in both Liverpool's hands and City's hands and that game at Liverpool should make them favourites on the night but maybe not over the rest of the games, but that's their only (on paper) difficult game and its at home.

City are still allowing teams to score against them, so Liverpool will have or make more opportunities than Brentford did last night.

Be interesting to see if any of them drop points leading up to that game. If its a draw it brings Arsenal into it providing they don't slip up, again.

Spurs can maybe have a say on the outcome of the championships still
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Look-Up! on February 06, 2024, 11:31:06 AMStill 17 games to play so an awful lot can happen but they're exactly where they want to be. Injury crises can often swing momentum in a title chase but as things stand it's hard to see past them doing 4 in a row. If it weren't for a certain German, it'd be 7 in a row.

And even then, for that German to break the sequence, his team had to reach utterly ridiculous levels.

Liverpool's record after 27 games that year was W26 D1 L0.

Even Pep couldn't keep up with that and his team slacked off (relatively speaking - they still ended up with more points than Leicester got in 2016).

The rest of the time, Pep has either held his nerve to finish a point ahead of Klopp, or they've won it with games to spare.

Armamike

Any chance of FFP sanctions soon?  :(
That's just, like your opinion man.

jcpen

Quote from: J70 on February 06, 2024, 01:24:36 PM
Quote from: Look-Up! on February 06, 2024, 11:31:06 AMStill 17 games to play so an awful lot can happen but they're exactly where they want to be. Injury crises can often swing momentum in a title chase but as things stand it's hard to see past them doing 4 in a row. If it weren't for a certain German, it'd be 7 in a row.

And even then, for that German to break the sequence, his team had to reach utterly ridiculous levels.

Even Pep couldn't keep up with that and his team slacked off (relatively speaking - they still ended up with more points than Leicester got in 2016).

The rest of the time, Pep has either held his nerve to finish a point ahead of Klopp, or they've won it with games to spare.
I think it will be a long time before we see a team come second but still get 90+ points.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

JoG2

There's some in here going full 'Sky' and, probably hoping beyond anything else that it'll be a 2 or 3 horse race going to the wire.
The reality of it (and it would bore the knickers off you) is that City will win again with a bit to spare.
As someone mentioned above, only for Liverpool, they'd be going for 7 titles in the row, 7! FFP is a goodin'

Dag Dog

City will win pulling up. The battle for 2nd place will be more enjoyable.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on February 06, 2024, 09:37:39 PMThere's some in here going full 'Sky' and, probably hoping beyond anything else that it'll be a 2 or 3 horse race going to the wire.
The reality of it (and it would bore the knickers off you) is that City will win again with a bit to spare.
As someone mentioned above, only for Liverpool, they'd be going for 7 titles in the row, 7! FFP is a goodin'

Liverpool won 12 or so titles in a small period of time. Was it a bore then or was that ok?

Teams have periods of dominance
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 06, 2024, 10:53:42 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on February 06, 2024, 09:37:39 PMThere's some in here going full 'Sky' and, probably hoping beyond anything else that it'll be a 2 or 3 horse race going to the wire.

Liverpool won 12 or so titles in a small period of time. Was it a bore then or was that ok?

You're a contrarian by nature, and happy enough by the sounds of it with how City have managed to dominate, when 99% of non-City fans would have an issue with it, that's OK

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on February 06, 2024, 11:01:26 PM

You're a contrarian by nature, and happy enough by the sounds of it with how City have managed to dominate, when 99% of non-City fans would have an issue with it, that's OK

I suppose I'm just highlighting the fact that teams can dominate, depending on who you support people will complain about the dominance, then when other teams win people forget about that and so on..

If that's me being a contrarian, I can live with that.

But I'm bored of supporters complaining about being top of the league, with it in their own hands to win, and basically giving up.

Makes no sense, Liverpool won the league by a country mile over City not too far back and now they'll be lucky to stay up going by some of the comments here !

Fuzzman

I had Foden as my captain in my FF team at the weekend. Got 40 points for him 98. Overall

Was asking before, have any of ye been to a league cup final in Wembley?
What's the chances of tickets?

imtommygunn

Quote from: J70 on February 06, 2024, 01:24:36 PM

I honestly think that Kloop is Liverpool's best ever. It's not a level playing field he's on here.

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 06, 2024, 11:35:54 PM

I suppose I'm just highlighting the fact that teams can dominate, depending on who you support people will complain about the dominance, then when other teams win people forget about that and so on..

But I'm bored of supporters complaining about being top of the league, with it in their own hands to win, and basically giving up.

Makes no sense, Liverpool won the league by a country mile over City not too far back and now they'll be lucky to stay up going by some of the comments here !

So, City aside, it's a league of bottlers. Or, maybe, just maybe these teams are giving it everything they have, are playing within their means and don't have squad depth to see it out against a state owned club not playing within their means...?

johnnycool

Quote from: JoG2 on February 07, 2024, 09:21:03 AM

So, City aside, it's a league of bottlers. Or, maybe, just maybe these teams are giving it everything they have, are playing within their means and don't have squad depth to see it out against a state owned club not playing within their means...?

The richest clubs have always dominated, when was it any different?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on February 07, 2024, 09:21:03 AM

They are giving it everything they have and the other team is just better? leicester city won it, rich owner, Utd won it, a rich club, Bayern win most years another rich club, Madrid or Barca win, more rich clubs, I could go on, lots of countries have one or two teams that win the league the most.

The odd team (leicester city) win it but by and large the rich clubs win.

Liverpool and the rest just need to put the big boy pants on and roll the sleeves and get on with it, I'd rather be top than in 6th