LAOIS SENIOR FOOTBALL 2016

Started by Unlaoised, January 12, 2016, 12:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Boy Wonder

Quote from: south Laois on February 18, 2016, 05:47:31 PM
I have to say our panel looks stronger than it has in a long time. Look to be lacking a couple of backs. If it was only possible to clone Cahir Healy!!!

Aye...and Zac Tuohy too !
Wouldn't that put the tin hat on it 😃

Unlaoised

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on February 18, 2016, 11:18:46 PM
I have to say our panel looks stronger than it has in a long time. Look to be lacking a couple of backs. If it was only possible to clone Cahir Healy!!!

I wouldn't rule out Cahir toggling out for the footballers later in the year
LAOIS ABÚ

OTF

Quote from: Unlaoised on February 19, 2016, 04:13:58 PM
Quote from: The Boy Wonder on February 18, 2016, 11:18:46 PM

I wouldn't rule out Cahir toggling out for the footballers later in the year

That thought did strike me ..... work away with the hurlers for now ....give him 15 minuets or so home games for the last few league games .... he's probably be home for the summer ....great.

south Laois

What an addition Cahir would be. Surely one of our greatest ever defenders. A full back line of Healy, Timmons and Damien O Conner would be fairly solid.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

We have the right man at the helm to get him involved anyway, if he can't get him no one will..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

OTF

Meredith  corner back  anyone ??   

Hospital Pass

Nice to see the panel getting stronger. A strong bench is something we haven't had in a while. OTF meredith is a very good footballer but he would be too slow for corner back.
Looking forward to next weekends game. Begley will probably come straight back in, he was very good in the sigerson final.

Unlaoised

Begley was outstanding in the Sigerson cup final and might come straight back in maybe to midfield if Meaney and Quigley ain't quite right..O'Loughlin is still out and I think we need Lillis at Centre half back..

Attride will be close to starting as well
LAOIS ABÚ

SCFC

Quote from: OTF on February 21, 2016, 11:55:12 AM

Meredith  corner back  anyone ??

Meredith far too slow for corner back I think. Don't know if he's back or not but he was very unfit last year. Class footballer alright.

Heshs Umpire

Agreed.  A fully fit Conor Meredith would be a big addition to Laois but I think a forward is his best place.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Tony

Merideth can be great on his day but I'd have him on the bench for now. He's pretty versatile and can do a job in many positions. Begley and Attride coming back will be massive. The Tyrone game will be very interesting. We can create plenty of probs for them up front but I still think our defence looks far too porous for a quality side like Tyrone - hoping that we've done a lot of tightening in that area. Hopefully we get a good crowd at the weekend - almost all the lads are back and fighting for the jersey.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Tony on February 23, 2016, 08:57:44 AM
Merideth can be great on his day but I'd have him on the bench for now. He's pretty versatile and can do a job in many positions. Begley and Attride coming back will be massive. The Tyrone game will be very interesting. We can create plenty of probs for them up front but I still think our defence looks far too porous for a quality side like Tyrone - hoping that we've done a lot of tightening in that area. Hopefully we get a good crowd at the weekend - almost all the lads are back and fighting for the jersey.

This hope we can really turn up in Numbers at the weekend....

As Tony says I worry big time about our backs but I'm sure this has and will be worked on during the week.

We need to be strong in the tackle both with the ball and without it as this is one of Tyrone's real strong points they can turn ball over in a flash and it's so hard to win it back Similar to Donegal and Monaghan.

I would go with

Brody
Seale
Timmo
Attride

Strong
Lillis
Dillion

Meaney/Quigley
Begley/Farrell

O'Carroll
Donie
Donoher

P.Kingston
Walsh
Cahillane

Depending on the u21s against Louth durning the week hopefully we can get a good win there no injuries and O'Carroll Murphy O'Reilly and Collins all play well to give Lillis even more to think about.

I think captain Eoin Lowry has to be involved in the senior set up maybe even Sean Moore if their good enough their old enough!
LAOIS ABÚ

ILikeStrawberryJam

That defence wouldnt be able to cope with the tyrone attack Unlaoised

I would defo has kehoe in there. Think it would be too much for Seale at this stage to mark the likes of McCurry.

I think begley will go to left half back and Dillon to half forward.

Our half forward line will surely fall back again as per Armagh.

Leaving Walsh, Calihane and Donie up front ..  We can score, we know that.  Big match for Paul Cahillane up against cynical tyrone corner backs ..

Can we adapt a proper defensive structure against a top team ?  Prevent goals .. thats the big question ..

Unlaoised

Quote from: ILikeStrawberryJam on February 23, 2016, 01:26:47 PM
That defence wouldnt be able to cope with the tyrone attack Unlaoised

I would defo has kehoe in there. Think it would be too much for Seale at this stage to mark the likes of McCurry.

I think begley will go to left half back and Dillon to half forward.

Our half forward line will surely fall back again as per Armagh.

Leaving Walsh, Calihane and Donie up front ..  We can score, we know that.  Big match for Paul Cahillane up against cynical tyrone corner backs ..

Can we adapt a proper defensive structure against a top team ?  Prevent goals .. thats the big question ..

Forgot all about Robbie Kehoe poor on my behalf yes I'd have him in there somewhere big Ask to put Attride and Begley straight back in after being out of the picture but at least there is options...

Pity O'Loughlin,Quigley,and Meaney are not all flying it I'd really favour us if that was the case...Cotter could be centre back again and Kieran Lillis could get the job of following Sean Kavanagh everywhere!!!
LAOIS ABÚ

Uisce

Don't think Cavanagh started the last day did he? I couldn't imagine any of Meredith, Attride or Begley will be given a 1-15 jersey now after not being there all year, it would be unfair. Certainly a positive to have them back however. I'd expect the team to be very similar to what started the last day, perhaps Quigley will be back in.

Tyrone are obviously a obviously a very good team but hopefully the lads will give it a good rattle. I'm sure they will want to atone for the poor performance on their own patch the last time out!!