Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

I've never really got Rice. He's perfectly competent at everything, but doesn't excel at anything. Hence West Ham have been competent at midfield rather than dominant. Hence why England have been competent at midfield rather than dominant. He doesn't have the raw athleticism to go up another gear in terms of a physical presence. So any improvement from here has to be on the mental side of things. It's one hell of a punt from Arsenal at £105m that this might happen.

And with their history with big money signings, it doesn't bode well.

square_ball

Maddison is a great signing at £40m for Spurs considering the price of players these days. I think I read somewhere Leicester are up shit creek in terms of finances so maybe that played a part.

trailer

Quote from: square_ball on June 28, 2023, 11:33:09 PM
Maddison is a great signing at £40m for Spurs considering the price of players these days. I think I read somewhere Leicester are up shit creek in terms of finances so maybe that played a part.

Relegation.

Where are spurs gonna play him? They have Son, Kane and Richarldson up top. Is he gonna play further back?

statto

Quote from: trailer on June 29, 2023, 01:54:03 PM
Quote from: square_ball on June 28, 2023, 11:33:09 PM

Relegation.

Where are spurs gonna play him? They have Son, Kane and Richarldson up top. Is he gonna play further back?

4-2-3-1 Kulesevski Maddison Son playing behind Kane.  Richarlison was one of the worst signings of last year and wouldn't be an automatic starter.  Spurs been crying out for this type of player since Eriksen left and Alli fell off a cliff. 

J70

Surely Kane is finally leaving though?

statto

Quote from: J70 on June 29, 2023, 02:14:52 PM
Surely Kane is finally leaving though?
Richarlison up front it is then lol

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

Chelsea have offloaded goalie Edouard Mendy to Saudi Arabia. I thought he was a top keeper and better than Kepa Arrizabalaga who cost a lot more. As a Liverpool fan I am happy to see Mendy gone

gawa316

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 01, 2023, 12:03:15 AM
Chelsea have offloaded goalie Edouard Mendy to Saudi Arabia. I thought he was a top keeper and better than Kepa Arrizabalaga who cost a lot more. As a Liverpool fan I am happy to see Mendy gone

Thought that was a strange one myself...maybe they need to balance the books so had no choice?

Armagh18

Quote from: gawa316 on July 01, 2023, 01:21:49 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on July 01, 2023, 12:03:15 AM

Thought that was a strange one myself...maybe they need to balance the books so had no choice?
pretty much i'd say

An Watcher

Boys this whole league has gone to $hit.  The money has gone to a new level again.  Love to see the whole thing crash

square_ball

Quote from: An Watcher on July 01, 2023, 07:31:37 AM
Boys this whole league has gone to $hit.  The money has gone to a new level again.  Love to see the whole thing crash

It's madness. When Abramovich first came to Chelsea he bought 11 good players for £120m. Now Arsenal have spent £165m on 2. Surely it has to go pop at some stage?

imtommygunn

The Saudi league will surely impact it??

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2023, 08:41:33 AM
The Saudi league will surely impact it??
How much money do those bastards have? 100's of millions being thrown at average players now. Unreal