Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbat

Levy will probably dump Conte this week.

mrdeeds

quit yo jibbajabba

Conte looked a bit nonplussed towards the end not like him at all.

seafoid

Joe Lewis trading as Levy is the problem.

seafoid

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2023/0101/1344429-conte-spurs-saddled-with-unrealistic-expectations/

Even though Conte guided the club into the Champions League last season, he described that achievement as a "miracle" and insisted he will continue to be realistic with the club.

"I know what is the reality because I am the coach," he said.

"The club knows very well what are my thoughts on the situation. The situation was very clear. I continue to work and to improve and to help you to improve the club, to create a solid foundation and then to develop.

"You have to know that there are clubs who can invest £200m or £300m and others with different policies and I repeat you have to respect the policy.

"The policy has to be very clear with all people otherwise we created a situation that's not positive for the environment to create expectations that are not realistic, honestly.

"I was expecting this moment. Now we have to start to fight strong, because the situation in this league you can slip quickly.

"If you ask me if I'm scared, I'm not scared. I believe in my work, I believe in these players, but don't ask me for things I cannot promise you."

mrdeeds

Conte has invested 200 to 300 million and made them worse.

rodney trotter

Cucurella looks out of his depth at Chelsea. He had one season at Brighton and Chelsea paid 50m.

mrdeeds

The quality and money City of bench are big reason they'll win league.

imtommygunn

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 05, 2023, 09:30:37 PM
Cucurella looks out of his depth at Chelsea. He had one season at Brighton and Chelsea paid 50m.

I think potter seems a bit out of his depth too.

thewobbler

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 05, 2023, 10:00:39 PM

Hard to know. Chelsea have a heap of players running down contracts, another handful who haven't settled into English football (Pulisic, Ziyech, Havertz) and had just bought in a few players (Aubameyang, Sterling) hardly renowned for their team ethic. There's a lot of talent in their squad but there would be easier challenges out there than moulding them into a team.

And as it's Chelsea he will be gone by the summer and we never will know for sure!

Milltown Row2

Turning into a 2 horse race now, City out of the capital with 3 points, they didn't actually have a shot till the 32 minute!

It's all down to how Arsenal do in their next game.. Spurs would hate to hand them 3 points
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

It really really isnt all down to their next game...

rodney trotter

Probably is. They had some good results in Europe but they have been very poor in the League. He brought on a few young players who gave mo,re then some of the egos like Aubameyang.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 05, 2023, 10:22:52 PM
It really really isnt all down to their next game...

If Arsenal lose and City win the Arsenal will shit their pants
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 05, 2023, 10:25:47 PM

Probably is. They had some good results in Europe but they have been very poor in the League. He brought on a few young players who gave mo,re then some of the egos like Aubameyang.

Chelsea with 9 players out injured and Potter has adopted a squad that needs overhauled. I'm not sure it's going to work out but he needs time.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone