George Hook

Started by Boycey, September 13, 2017, 02:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: sid waddell on September 14, 2017, 03:47:39 PM
Quote from: trileacman on September 14, 2017, 02:51:09 PM

"One"? Who the f**k are you? The queen mother?
Well, George Hook does appear to have taken on a sort of Princess Diana quality for those defending him...

Quality!

sid waddell

Quote from: Hound on September 14, 2017, 03:50:23 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 14, 2017, 10:58:39 AM

Neither Hook nor Myers, and you can throw in the likes of Ian O'Doherty and John Waters and that non-entity of a troll John McGuirk, are victims in any form of the word.

They are professional contrarian bullies who use their pulpits to bully and stereotype actual victims, and their words cause real harm. 

Professional contrarians like that generally push it too far in the end and say something completely indefensible.

Would you put John Waters in the same category?

I don't actually know much about him, and only read him very rarely when we wrote for the Irish Times. But Dunphy did a very good interview with him on his podcast, The Stand. I found him interesting and witty, some things I agreed with him on and others I definitely didn't.

I did know about his stance of father's rights in the case of separation/divorce, and I fully agree with him that father's often don't get justice.

Dunphy challenged him on anti gay marriage stance which I wasn't aware of. And he said let's get marriage/divorce rights sorted for men first and then go on to gays. That was lame, and it transpired that he's a strong Catholic, so that was the real reason, but we probably all know people who voted No for religious reasons, so I wouldnt hold that against them. They lost, we move on.
Waters has been a reactionary crank for many years now.

Like Myers but unlike O'Doherty, he certainly has writing ability but disappeared up his own arse long ago.

magpie seanie

Newstalk milk all the coverage and then suspend him as if they give a fcuk.

Rudi

Quote from: seafoid on September 15, 2017, 09:32:53 AM
http://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/george-hook-suspended-from-newstalk-after-rape-comments-1.3222180

I wish I had time to protest like the ones in the photo. As for a culture of crime against women in this country, its hardly that bad. Varadkar even said it today, excuse me sir are you not from India, a barbaric cesspit of a country, where rape is natural and a huge class society exists. If your not happy here Leo, you can go home you know, apart from appeasing the media he has done feck all.

ziggysego

Quote from: Rudi on September 15, 2017, 03:21:37 PM
http://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/george-hook-suspended-from-newstalk-after-rape-comments-1.3222180

I wish I had time to protest like the ones in the photo. As for a culture of crime against women in this country, its hardly that bad. Varadkar even said it today, excuse me sir are you not from India, a barbaric cesspit of a country, where rape is natural and a huge class society exists. If your not happy here Leo, you can go home you know, apart from appeasing the media he has done feck all.

Leo isn't from India.
Testing Accessibility

sid waddell

If Leo Varadkar is from India, are you not from Africa, in that case?

Are we not all from Africa?

Personally, I thought he was from Castleknock, but then what the hell would I know.

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on September 15, 2017, 03:54:42 PM

If Leo Varadkar is from India, are you not from Africa, in that case?

Are we not all from Africa?

Personally, I thought he was from Castleknock, but then what the hell would I know.
He is from neoliberalia. Only thing that counts.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

J70

Varadkar is just the Dublin-born Taoiseach. Why the f**k would he be commenting on anything that is a high profile talking point in Irish society? :o

Syferus

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 15, 2017, 02:44:06 PM
Newstalk milk all the coverage and then suspend him as if they give a fcuk.

I really don't think you have a clue how PR works if you think this was an attempt by Newstalk to get attention.

Quote from: J70 on September 15, 2017, 06:29:18 PM

Varadkar is just the Dublin-born Taoiseach. Why the f**k would he be commenting on anything that is a high profile talking point in Irish society? :o

Insanely wrong-headed comment Rudi. Xenophobic at best. Varadkar is Irish, in case you forgot..

armaghniac

Dublin isn't Ireland?
Mayo is the real Ireland.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ziggysego

Quote from: armaghniac on September 15, 2017, 06:43:20 PM

Dublin isn't Ireland?
Mayo is the real Ireland.

No, Cark is.
Testing Accessibility

Rudi

It's a photo opportunity self driven political gain chancerism. Coming from a culture of horrendous treatment of women I find it a bit shite. I don't like the sarky nature of your post not the first time either.

Syferus

Quote from: Rudi on September 15, 2017, 08:01:23 PM

It's a photo opportunity self driven political gain chancerism. Coming from a culture of horrendous treatment of women I find it a bit shite. I don't like the sarky nature of your post not the first time either.

Doubling down on the xenophobia I see. What part of him being Irish did you miss?

foxcommander

Quote from: Syferus on September 15, 2017, 09:51:55 PM
Quote from: Rudi on September 15, 2017, 08:01:23 PM

Doubling down on the xenophobia I see. What part of him being Irish did you miss?

Being a blueshirt he can hardly be called Irish. West Brit perhaps.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie