Tyrone v Monaghan, Sun 20th May, Healy Park

Started by tyroneman, April 04, 2018, 06:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

What a score from McManus on the right wing. He's a Special talent.

straightred

level after 65 mins. Really impressive finish from monaghan. They had much better subs and that got them over the line. Tyrone got a 45 for free from a blind umpire and got a goal from it but it turned out to be the last kick of the game

bennydorano

Watched it as live, very entertaining game and impressive stuff from Monaghan. Score flattered Tyrone tbh.

longballin

RTE knew where the entertainment was. Why show that before Munster hurling at a venue where the home county won't cooperate with you?

BennyCake

Quote from: longballin on May 20, 2018, 08:23:51 PM
RTE knew where the entertainment was. Why show that before Munster hurling at a venue where the home county won't cooperate with you?

Is it the county or Mickey Harte?

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Fair play Monaghan, excellent performance and well deserved. Final score flattered Tyrone who were increasingly ragged after the Monaghan goal, once again the system broke down when under pressure, this time before we even get out of Ulster. Lucky to be level going into the closing stages and blown away by Monaghan in the last 10 minutes or so. Idiotic from Morgan again too, don't understand how that can be happening. Tyrone will do very well to reach the last eight now, and even if they do this system will once again fail against any decent enough opposition.

lenny

Quote from: straightred on May 20, 2018, 08:23:09 PM
level after 65 mins. Really impressive finish from monaghan. They had much better subs and that got them over the line. Tyrone got a 45 for free from a blind umpire and got a goal from it but it turned out to be the last kick of the game

Big difference was monaghan left their doubtful players like walshe and mccarthy off and brought them on at the crucial stage. Tyrone started with their strongest team and had to bring cavanagh, mccann and brennan off.

bennydorano

Great game dunno what game you were at from the yaps of you. Shocking decision from RTE to bypass it.

lenny

Quote from: bennydorano on May 20, 2018, 08:23:18 PM
Watched it as live, very entertaining game and impressive stuff from Monaghan. Score flattered Tyrone tbh.

Agreed, very good game. High quality scores especially from mcaliskey, beggan and mcmanus.

straightred

Quote from: longballin on May 20, 2018, 08:12:33 PM
Anyone thought that was a good game either wasn't there or hasn't a clue. I must have met a lot of Joe Brollys today as that was the feeling of people I spoke with... or maybe county Gaelic football is so poor people here think that was good.

would you cop on - some of the shooting in the 2nd half was top drawer. IN particular the Mone and McManus scores near the end. A proper championship with 36 scores. Cluxton has a rival at last for top keeper. 5 frees and he played as an extra defender at times. Great way to punish a team for dropping back but you need someone who can do it and he can. Quality was miles ahead of last weeks game but maybe that wouldn't fit the anti ulster narrative.
Final point - looks like any tackle that is remotely high will be punished this year. A few of those frees today wouldn't have been given even a few years ago.

longballin

Quote from: bennydorano on May 20, 2018, 08:28:34 PM
Great game dunno what game you were at from the yaps of you. Shocking decision from RTE to bypass it.

Glad you enjoyed it. Monaghan played some good football in second half but overall it didn't do it for me at all. First half was like a game of chess and kicking a ball 20 yards back to a keeper aint what I want to see.

regal

Looked like a super game. Fair play to Monaghan, they were superb.

Malachy o'rourke is some manager

JoG2

Quote from: lenny on May 20, 2018, 08:29:22 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 20, 2018, 08:23:18 PM

Agreed, very good game. High quality scores especially from mcaliskey, beggan and mcmanus.

I'd agree, very good game, ball was moved in fast when at all possible. Mone and McManus points were superb. Too many Tyrone big hitters were absent for huge portions of the game.
O'Rourke has put together a big squad of quality footballers. 
Very enjoyable result.

charlieTully

Haven't read any comments. I'd bet my life it's been mentioned already. How that game was not shown live is beyond me. Just watched deferred coverage without knowing the score and I thought it was superb. Ulster football is the real deal.

GetOverTheBar

Was at the game today - Monaghan deserved winners, very impressive especially when Tyrone did sneak level to blow them out of the water in the last 10-15 minutes, showed great patience and if I'm being honest the late goal flattered Tyrone.

Atmosphere wasn't brilliant though or was that just me? Just wasn't what I had expected at all.