TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: gallsman on May 01, 2018, 11:01:44 AM
Finished Season 3 of The Bureau yesterday. Brilliant stuff altogether. Season 4 began filming in February so will hopefully be out later this year.

Happy days, next on the list (I see it's on Terrarium TV)

Must say the latest season of Homeland is excellent. Handmaids Tale has started very well too

gallsman

Quote from: JoG2 on May 01, 2018, 11:23:59 AM
Finished Season 3 of The Bureau yesterday. Brilliant stuff altogether. Season 4 began filming in February so will hopefully be out later this year.

Must say the latest season of Homeland is excellent. Handmaids Tale has started very well too

Disclaimer that I've never seen Homeland but a lot of the English language reviews that I've read of The Bureau have essentially said that it's what Homeland could be if it wasn't dumbed down for idiots...

Boycey

Quote from: gallsman on May 01, 2018, 11:35:21 AM

Disclaimer that I've never seen Homeland but a lot of the English language reviews that I've read of The Bureau have essentially said that it's what Homeland could be if it wasn't dumbed down for idiots...

I'm obviously an idiot  ;D as I really enjoy Homeland. I'm looking forward to watching the last episode tonight..

Insane Bolt

Homeland is so far fetched in this series, still compelling viewing though.

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on May 01, 2018, 11:43:34 AM

I'm obviously an idiot  ;D as I really enjoy Homeland. I'm looking forward to watching the last episode tonight..

In fairness I enjoy Designated Survivor but I'd never rank it as a great TV show. Give the Bureau a go. As I've said, can't recommend it highly enough.

Insane Bolt

What side is it on? I've been viewing on C4 Sunday nights

Don Johnson

Westworld Series 2 started well last week I thought.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Don Johnson on May 01, 2018, 12:26:09 PM
Westworld Series 2 started well last week I thought.

Yeah watched the first two recently and watched a warm up to get my head around it again.. Its a very slick show with seriously good actors.. Thandie Newton is Gorgeous!!!!!!!! wife has given up on me  :P

I always loved the original so I'm very biased to the current show, when some people just don't get it

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Quote from: gallsman on May 01, 2018, 11:45:41 AM

In fairness I enjoy Designated Survivor but I'd never rank it as a great TV show. Give the Bureau a go. As I've said, can't recommend it highly enough.

Homeland is a cut above Designated Survivor (which I eventually gave up on) most of the shows that go mainstream are dumbed down to some degree, even last week there was something that happened in Homeland that I thought fcuk me how unlikely is that. Most people won't watch anything that will tax their brain too much, it'd interfere with their simultaneous internet surfing.

Yeah The Bureau is on my list I need something new to get my teeth into. Give Homeland a try it won't change your life but it might surprise you.

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on May 01, 2018, 12:54:28 PMit'd interfere with their simultaneous internet surfing.

That's one thing I found with The Bureau. I'm an awful p***k for using my phone constantly but because of both how smart it was and the fact it was in French subtitled into English, it meant I had to just put the phone down completely.

21st century and first world problems and all that but definitely a good thing!

Norf Tyrone

Really enjoying Billions S3. I thought it would've tailed off but not the case!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Iceman

Finished "into the badlands" season 2. Filmed in Ireland, no less!
Loved it - it's my kind of show. Martial arts, post apocalypse world, swords, blood, war, revenge.,....it has it all ha!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

bennydorano

Has Westworld lost it's mojo or is it just me??

Tony Baloney

A Very English Scandal was much better than I thought it would be. "Hop up on all fours and face the wall"  :'(

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on May 20, 2018, 10:25:09 PM
Has Westworld lost it's mojo or is it just me??

Think it's just reaching a point, it will (I hope) kick on soon
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea