Derry v Cavan - Back door entry

Started by Fuzzman, July 15, 2016, 02:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

He punched Lynch. Beyond stupid especially when Corr did same thing this time last year. Really poor from us. I think Terry has done what he can and he should be thanked for it but new ideas are needed in Cavan.

At least we are not as shite as Antrim, that's something.

screenexile

If you had said wed be in this position at the start of the season I'd have been happy. After the Tyrone match I'd have bitten your hand off.

Look we're no threat to the big 3/4 teams but we're a handful and the last 2 victories have been hard fought fair play to all involved!

beer baron

Quote from: Itchy on July 16, 2016, 06:39:00 PM
He punched Lynch. Beyond stupid especially when Corr did same thing this time last year. Really poor from us. I think Terry has done what he can and he should be thanked for it but new ideas are needed in Cavan.

At least we are not as shite as Antrim, that's something.

Had guessed it must be something like that but didn't really expect it from him, he's usually cute enough not to get caught.
A lot of bad decision making made in that second half partcularly once we got to their 45 any time we wer breaking, at times 2 or 3 men in support and i c an remember one 2 minute period where both Gearoid and Mc Veety made the worst possible pass.
Ciaran Bradys confidence must be shot, he had a chance to take a point that he was putting over with his eye shut during the league but hesitated and chance was gone. Derry aren't much use but they can get scores from all kinds of distances which will always gives them a chance if they can keep it any way tight.

southderryman

Delighted at the result, didn't expect it to be honest

Fair play to the lads, if nothing else the last 2 weeks have shown they have a bit of character and are prepared to fight when things are going against us

Cavan should have been further in front at half time, we always kept in touching distance

I wish wed kick the ball in long a bit more. Every time we did we caused trouble

Still conceding scores and chances far too easily. Barton has men flooding back when we lose possession but none of them seem to know where they should be playing or what kind of defensive system we should be playing and as a result a lot of players break through unchallenged.

I'm saying that, credit where it is due to the management, most of the changes were spot on and made big differences when they came in. Although there is a case that some of them should be starting anyway

When we move the ball quickly we play some decent stuff but doesn't happen enough.

Mallons kick outs again were poor. Concede a lot of scores directly from our kick outs.

Fair play to all involved though, serious heat today and tough conditions to play in, the extra man was a big benefit in that regard.

More football for enda Lynn too so hopefully he'll be able to start next day

Looking forward to the draw, well into bonus territory at this stage.

Il Bomber Destro

Well done Derry.

Good to see them giving a shit for a change.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

JoG2

The nerves are playing havoc with you hooers.. Youve Donegal to beat by a minimum of 5 today,  stay focused!  :D