Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublinfella

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 27, 2010, 02:08:59 PM

It's the one thing that QD are renown for. They always worked on getting claims finalised as quickly as possible. So i think DF picked the wrong lie this time.

It is the one thing they are not reknowned for. At one point they had a policy of rejecting ALL claims.

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=quinn+direct+claims+delay&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

haranguerer

Ask anyone who has any knowledge of the insurance industry. Its how they were able to keep costs down with legal fees, etc.

And sure if what some lad says on a discussion board passes for evidence, why dont you just start quoting yourself? Tool.

supersarsfields

Quote from: dublinfella on May 27, 2010, 02:35:44 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on May 27, 2010, 02:08:59 PM

It's the one thing that QD are renown for. They always worked on getting claims finalised as quickly as possible. So i think DF picked the wrong lie this time.

It is the one thing they are not reknowned for. At one point they had a policy of rejecting ALL claims.

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=quinn+direct+claims+delay&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

:D

are you for real?

How about something from someone with a bit of knowledge of an insurance industry? Seriously ask any Solicitor, other insurance company and they'll be able to tell you that that QD settle much much faster than other insurance companies.

Of course you'll get individual people who won't like how their claim has been settled. You'll be able to do that against any insurance company. But you were trying to make it look like QD are notorious for stalling on claims when in fact the opposite is true.

Just admit it you made that little lie up and it's came back to bite you.

sammymaguire

Is this gonna turn into the under card of the Nally Stand v ard mhacha abu title challenge bout?  ;)  :D

You lied, no I didn't, prove, it, how dare you call me I liar!!
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

dublinfella

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 27, 2010, 03:44:25 PM

:D

are you for real?

How about something from someone with a bit of knowledge of an insurance industry? Seriously ask any Solicitor, other insurance company and they'll be able to tell you that that QD settle much much faster than other insurance companies.

Of course you'll get individual people who won't like how their claim has been settled. You'll be able to do that against any insurance company. But you were trying to make it look like QD are notorious for stalling on claims when in fact the opposite is true.

Just admit it you made that little lie up and it's came back to bite you.
[/quote]

I have plenty of professional knowledge of the insurance industry and know a couple of people who used to work in Quinn. They are notorious for the delay in their payouts, and you jumping up and down won't change what the majority of posters here know anecdotally at least.

Are you from Fermanagh?

supersarsfields

Nope not from Fermanagh. not that that's got much to do with anything.

But seriously your obvioulsy haven't a clue about the insurance industry if you think QD delay on payments. Your making a  bit of a fool of yourself. QD are the only company that have a fast track system you plum!! They were the ones that brought cost cutting measures in by acting quickly on claims. Anyone in the insurance business will tell you that. Therefore I'll have to conclude that you are indeed telling porkies again on this board. Getting to be a bit of a habit with you isn't it.

dublinfella

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 27, 2010, 04:04:09 PM
Nope not from Fermanagh. not that that's got much to do with anything.

But seriously your obvioulsy haven't a clue about the insurance industry if you think QD delay on payments. Your making a  bit of a fool of yourself. QD are the only company that have a fast track system you plum!! They were the ones that brought cost cutting measures in by acting quickly on claims. Anyone in the insurance business will tell you that. Therefore I'll have to conclude that you are indeed telling porkies again on this board. Getting to be a bit of a habit with you isn't it.

Well I do have 'a clue' from a professional capacity and know a number of people with direct involvement with the company, and their reputation is very poor when it comes to claims.

We are going in circles, and to be fair, you argued a good game until you resorted to personal insults.

supersarsfields

Ok the plum was a bit unfair and I'll happily apologise for that. It's just I have to assume you either don't know your facts about QD and the industry and their settling of claims or else you do and your lying.

Anyone with any knowledge of the Irish insurance system know about Quinns fast track system and how they are the quickest at settling claims. In fact if anything the complaint against then is that they settle too quickly.

Therefore to say they delay on claims looks to me that you were just throwing mud and have been called up on it.

DickyRock

Not wanting to create another argument but to in my thinking it didn't matter what the solvency ratio was as the amount of loans from other parts of the Quinn group secured on QI if called in would've erradicated the solvency level.

Maybe that's why the regulator put the foot down. I do however think that the regulator did move too fast and should've laid down the law and gave QI a few months to get it sorted. It's making a mess of the lives of Fermanagh/Cavan people and if it was a foreign company the gov would be doing their best to keep the jobs. Why did they not do the same for a local company 

supersarsfields

I see VHI are now up for sale. And the first thing they are going to do is give it a cash injection so that it can be regulated.

God isn't it awful fortunate that one of it's competitors took a bad hit a few months ago. That should help the price of it.

dublinfella

Quote from: DickyRock on May 27, 2010, 07:32:27 PM
Not wanting to create another argument but to in my thinking it didn't matter what the solvency ratio was as the amount of loans from other parts of the Quinn group secured on QI if called in would've erradicated the solvency level.

Maybe that's why the regulator put the foot down. I do however think that the regulator did move too fast and should've laid down the law and gave QI a few months to get it sorted. It's making a mess of the lives of Fermanagh/Cavan people and if it was a foreign company the gov would be doing their best to keep the jobs. Why did they not do the same for a local company

I think thats a red herring. They were on a yellow card and did the exact same thing and got a red. Its that simple. The rest is just idle conjecture.

sammymaguire

Quote from: dublinfella on May 28, 2010, 11:53:49 AM
Quote from: DickyRock on May 27, 2010, 07:32:27 PM

I think thats a red herring. They were on a yellow card and did the exact same thing and got a red. Its that simple. The rest is just idle conjecture.

...............................,-~*`?lllllll`*~,............................................. .....
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll?`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... ..................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(?`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`?,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ...
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)?`~,........... .........
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........?```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

supersarsfields

Bit like your comment on them delaying claims DF.

dublinfella

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 28, 2010, 12:00:17 PM
Bit like your comment on them delaying claims DF.

I stand by it. Unless its different in the 6, thats their business model and reputation.

haranguerer

Absolute bollocks. Grow up and admit you didnt know what you were talking about, or alternatively (though you'll find this impossible) get some evidence, as you've already been asked to do. You cant just keep insisting you're right when its clear you're wrong, unless you can bring something new to the argument. The attempt to concede that 'mebbe its different in the 6' doesnt count as anything new, just sounds like the start of a concession....