Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Well all I know is from speaking to a large amount of workers that are employed with the QG and none seem to have had any complaints. Not sure what issues you have heard in regards to this but there's been none that i am aware of. And considering the volume he employs that's quite surprising in itself.
The slogan is indeed "save our jobs" not "save SQ", which is the point I made earlier about the protests being worker organised, not Quinn organised as some tried to make out. 

seafoid

It's hard not to be cynical about the interface between save our jobs and save SQ. Sean Quinn is in serious financial difficulty. If the Insurance business goes down the toilet so does the fortune of SQ. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

supersarsfields

QI can still exist if it's taken of SQ (All be it in my belief not for long!!) That would still save the jobs but still destroys SQ. The Jobs, which is what people are protesting for, can still survive even in the event of taking it of SQ.
Don't get me wrong, there is still a hugh support from the protesters for SQ himself aswell as outlined before. But the protests are in response to the potential job loses.   

muppet

Quote from: supersarsfields on April 08, 2010, 04:58:36 PM
QI can still exist if it's taken of SQ (All be it in my belief not for long!!) That would still save the jobs but still destroys SQ. The Jobs, which is what people are protesting for, can still survive even in the event of taking it of SQ.
Don't get me wrong, there is still a hugh support from the protesters for SQ himself aswell as outlined before. But the protests are in response to the potential job loses.

I'm not sure they understand the difference yet, but they will.
MWWSI 2017

supersarsfields

I'd say they are well aware of the difference which is why the protests have centred around the issue of securing the jobs first.
But I'm not surprised that most would also welcome control being given back to SQ especially when the other option at the minute is Anglo. I know who I'd put more faith into strengthing the business and saving jobs.

muppet

Quote from: supersarsfields on April 08, 2010, 06:01:31 PM
I'd say they are well aware of the difference which is why the protests have centred around the issue of securing the jobs first.
But I'm not surprised that most would also welcome control being given back to SQ especially when the other option at the minute is Anglo. I know who I'd put more faith into strengthing the business and saving jobs.

Ironically Sean Fitzpatrick blames Sean Quinn for bringing down Anglo and while I don't believe that, IMHO he was responsible for accelerating its demise.
MWWSI 2017

supersarsfields

I know SQ doesn't have alot of love for Fitzpatrick either. But no doubt it's all inter related and to be honest I'm still not too clear about all the facts and figures regarding excately what happened with Anglo. But like yourself I don't believe SQ was the reason behind the demise considering his loses are only a small portion of Anglos overall loses but I'm sure he did have an impact.
I suppose to sum up my position on what's happened so far is that I believe if the regulator works with Quinn and straighten out the solvency issues and put in measures to ensure he doesn't go beond his means again and allow him to work to pay of the debt then it would prob be the best option for the economy.
I know people will say why should he be allowed to work of his depts etc. But the other option is they take control of his businesses as payment or partical payment of his debts and try to run these companies to sell on. I know the values for these companies will drop like a stone if Quinn is taken from the helm. The result from that is the  a lot of the debt still out standing plus Quinn will have no way of paying of the debt.

I suppose this is were the issues arise over what is best to do. By the letter of the law maybe they should take the companies but the problem could be that if they do follow that path then the country and definitely Cavan and Fermanagh will be in alot worse position than if they try to work with him. 

no mo do yakamo

Seems to me like someone in government saw a one million a day cash cow as a solution to a raft of problems and  managed to encourage a member of the opposition to go get it for them. Neat.
It wasn't even kennedy in the car.

orangeman

Quote from: muppet on April 08, 2010, 06:04:12 PM

Ironically Sean Fitzpatrick blames Sean Quinn for bringing down Anglo and while I don't believe that, IMHO he was responsible for accelerating its demise.

On what basis does Sean Fitzpatrick make those allegations ??

scud

Saw Enniskillen protest on UTV there, people standing with posters 'C U later regulator' - made by eirigi!!! Fergal McKinney also announced that the population of Fermanagh is 6,200, hilarious stuff!

orangeman

Quote from: scud on April 08, 2010, 06:41:29 PM

Saw Enniskillen protest on UTV there, people standing with posters 'C U later regulator' - made by eirigi!!! Fergal McKinney also announced that the population of Fermanagh is 6,200, hilarious stuff!

And him standing for election ?? Hilarious alright.

muppet

Quote from: orangeman on April 08, 2010, 06:39:17 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 08, 2010, 06:04:12 PM

On what basis does Sean Fitzpatrick make those allegations ??

http://www.examiner.ie/opinion/columnists/ivan-yates/its-time-we-pleaded-inability-to-pay-for-dead-banks-and-risky-businesses-116660.html#ixzz0kVqhr7FS

Not my opinion OM, Ivan Yeates.

It must have been exciting for Sean Fitzpatrick though when he discovered (assuming he didn't know which might not be correct) when the share price of Anglo had started to tumble that a single person held roughly a quarter of all the stock in a CFD. Not only that but the falling stock had meant this shareholder was going to have to offload a large chuck of the stock thereby guaranteeing that the share price tumbled even more which of course could have led to him selling more and so on. This arrangement seemed very likely to cause the collapse of the Anglo share price and we now know that Anglo loaned money to a 'Golden 10' to buy Quinn out of some of his mess and thus protect the share price.

At least that's what was supposed to happen.
MWWSI 2017

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: scud on April 08, 2010, 06:41:29 PM

::)  Also quoted as saying "To many people Sean Quinn is Fermanagh and Fermanagh is Sean Quinn..."
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

seafoid

Sean Fitzpatrick blames Sean Quinn for bringing down Anglo

nothing to do with a worthless loan book
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on April 08, 2010, 08:07:41 PM
Sean Fitzpatrick blames Sean Quinn for bringing down Anglo

nothing to do with a worthless loan book

Posted this somewhere else: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/features/2009/0929/1224255430943.html

Quote.........narcissists avoid blame by blaming everyone else and are very good at producing scapegoats and fall guys. A narcissist never experiences guilt because he's like the pampered dog who eats your dinner and allows itself to be chastised, only to cuddle up to you afterwards and steal your breakfast the next morning.
MWWSI 2017