Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

I feel for the poor Liverpool fans, they seem to spend most of their forum time on this topic and not the one associated with the team they actually support.  I suppose when you are near the bottom of the table and the team is going worse than it was even last year then there isn't a lot to cheer about.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Found this somewhere . . . how true would it be??

1. Mike Dean, referee, when Blackburn beat Manchester United 3-2 and hasn't refereed a Manchester United game since.

2. Mike Dean - referee, in 2010, after Manchester United's defeat to Chelsea, was demoted to the Championship.

3. Alan Wiley, called "fat and unfit" by Alex after Manchester United's draw with Sunderland," agreed to retire" that season, he was also the ref on OT when the mancs lost 1-4 to Liverpool. 4. Mark Clattenburg refereed Manchester United's 6-1 defeat to Manchester City, hasn't refereed a single Manchester United game after that Manchester derby. (has acted as 4th official in 3)

5. Martin Atkinson -Involved in Manchester United's defeat to Chelsea, criticized by Alex, hasn't refereed Manchester United game since.

6. Ex referee Jeff Winter openly stating that he hadn't been given a Manchester United game for 2 years after sending Roy Keane off.

7. Howard Webb has been Manchester United's most used referee since the defeat to Manchester City.

8. More than 18% of the penalties Webb has awarded in his 8 year career have been to Manchester United. 9. Manchester United's CEO is on the board of The FA.

10. Alex Ferguson not happy with Chris Foy, Foy referees a League Two game. something he hasn't done since the 2001-02 season..

Minder

It's true screen, all of it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Mentalman

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 08, 2012, 01:52:04 PM
I feel for the poor Liverpool fans, they seem to spend most of their forum time on this topic and not the one associated with the team they actually support.  I suppose when you are near the bottom of the table and the team is going worse than it was even last year then there isn't a lot to cheer about.

Talk about pot and kettle - comic genius!
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: screenexile on October 08, 2012, 01:56:16 PM

1. Mike Dean, referee, when Blackburn beat Manchester United 3-2 and hasn't refereed a Manchester United game since.

2. Mike Dean - referee, in 2010, after Manchester United's defeat to Chelsea, was demoted to the Championship.

3. Alan Wiley, called "fat and unfit" by Alex after Manchester United's draw with Sunderland," agreed to retire" that season, he was also the ref on OT when the mancs lost 1-4 to Liverpool. 4. Mark Clattenburg refereed Manchester United's 6-1 defeat to Manchester City, hasn't refereed a single Manchester United game after that Manchester derby. (has acted as 4th official in 3)

5. Martin Atkinson -Involved in Manchester United's defeat to Chelsea, criticized by Alex, hasn't refereed Manchester United game since.

6. Ex referee Jeff Winter openly stating that he hadn't been given a Manchester United game for 2 years after sending Roy Keane off.

7. Howard Webb has been Manchester United's most used referee since the defeat to Manchester City.

8. More than 18% of the penalties Webb has awarded in his 8 year career have been to Manchester United. 9. Manchester United's CEO is on the board of The FA.

10. Alex Ferguson not happy with Chris Foy, Foy referees a League Two game. something he hasn't done since the 2001-02 season..

Surely it cant be all coincidence

nrico2006

Quote from: Mentalman on October 08, 2012, 02:03:03 PM

The irony.  Point proven.  How many of the last 3 or 4 posters have been Liverpool fans?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

stew

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on October 08, 2012, 02:12:02 PM

Surely it cant be all coincidence

I would not surprise me if it were all through...............what I don't get is how Ferguson has this kind of pull within the FA, if this lot is true it should be investigated because at that point you are messing with the integrity of the league and you are intimidating refs that will think twice before making the right decision when it matters most, then there is the financial impact to the officials.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

In fairness with all this referee stuff I thought I read somewhere that since the Premiership started United have only had three penalties at Anfield, that seem's disproportionate in itself.

The only cure for referee intimidation is simple, ANY manager that is deemed to be criticizing the referee or trying to influence an upcoming game should get a three match ban the first time, a five game ban the second time and a ten game ban the third time.............all of course minus their wages, that  will take care of this issue.

Welbeck and Suarez should be done for bringing the game into disrepute, they are the worst offenders in the PL and need to be taken to task over the diving they pull.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Mentalman

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 08, 2012, 02:45:20 PM

The irony.  Point proven.  How many of the last 3 or 4 posters have been Liverpool fans?

Point far from proven, that post was about, pointing out your own penchant for posting on the Liverpool thread at any given opportunity. I rarely post on this thread, I did the other week in response to AZ not realizing Vidic's latest injury didn't occur during the Utd. Pool game I.e. not about United themselves. Other than that I leave yee to yourselves really, but you were just taking the piss with that comment.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Premier Emperor

I'm sure Kilkenny can loan Diarmuid Kirwan to Alex Ferguson if he needs more dodgy penalties.

nrico2006

Quote from: Mentalman on October 08, 2012, 03:47:11 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 08, 2012, 02:45:20 PM

Point far from proven, that post was about, pointing out your own penchant for posting on the Liverpool thread at any given opportunity. I rarely post on this thread, I did the other week in response to AZ not realizing Vidic's latest injury didn't occur during the Utd. Pool game I.e. not about United themselves. Other than that I leave yee to yourselves really, but you were just taking the piss with that comment.

I would not be a frequent poster on the Liverpool thread, and most certainly do not post on that thread anywhere near as often as the Liverpool fans who randomly pollute the United thread.

AFS

Checked out the first of these 'facts'. It was incorrect. Not much point bothering with the rest, obviously just something dreamed up for the benefit of the gullible and scousers.

thebigfella

Quote from: AFS on October 08, 2012, 05:49:47 PM

Checked out the first of these 'facts'. It was incorrect. Not much point bothering with the rest, obviously just something dreamed up for the benefit of the gullible and scousers pollutants.

Fixed it ....

screenexile

Quote from: AFS on October 08, 2012, 05:49:47 PM

1. Mike Dean, referee, when Blackburn beat Manchester United 3-2 and hasn't refereed a Manchester United game @ OT since. TRUE

2. Mike Dean - referee, in 2010, after Manchester United's defeat to Chelsea, was demoted to the Championship. TRUE

3. Alan Wiley, called "fat and unfit" by Alex after Manchester United's draw with Sunderland," agreed to retire" that season, he was also the ref in OT when the mancs lost 1-4 to Liverpool. TRUE

4. Mark Clattenburg refereed Manchester United's 6-1 defeat to Manchester City, hasn't refereed a single Manchester United game after that Manchester derby. (has acted as 4th official in 3) TRUE

5. Martin Atkinson -Involved in Manchester United's defeat to Chelsea, criticized by Alex, hasn't refereed Manchester United game since did not referee a PL game for 1 full month nor another Utd game for 11 TRUE

6. Ex referee Jeff Winter openly stating that he hadn't been given a Manchester United game for 2 years after sending Roy Keane off. TRUE

7. Howard Webb has been Manchester United's most used referee since the defeat to Manchester City. TRUE

8. More than 18% of the penalties Webb has awarded in his 8 year career have been to Manchester United. TRUE

9. Manchester United's CEO is on the board of The FA. TRUE

10. Alex Ferguson not happy with Chris Foy, Foy referees a League Two game. something he hasn't done since the 2001-02 season. TRUE

Checked out the first of these 'facts'. It was incorrect. Not much point bothering with the rest, obviously just something dreamed up for the benefit of the gullible and scousers.

Sorry you're quite right. That first one is incorrect. I had copied and pasted it just for discussion so didn't check all the 'facts' out. I've fixed it now though.

BTW I don't support Liverpool.

Good article here . . .

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/revealed-the-evidence-of-the-manchester-united-referee-conspiracy/

EC Unique

Laughable stuff. Amazing how people buy into this sort of stuff to try and justify the failures of the team they support.