Leinster SFC

Started by Catch and Kick, May 18, 2017, 11:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Fair dues to Carlow. Awful to watch from a neutral perspective but they've given themselves something to play for in the second half.

Gold

SteveCW I'm sure you'll be enjoying this.

Just hope Carlow don't drop the heads if the Dubs get a goal as we did when Donegal got a goal before half time the other week.

Great to see good players from other counties on TV. And great that Marty Morrisey isn't commentating and saying "he kicked a point!!!!" In a patronising voice as if a Carlow/Antrim/Wick low man isn't able to swing a f**king leg.

Sean Murphy is lightening and a warrior. Needs to keep it up

See you in Carlow or Belfast next year
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

SHEEDY

Quote from: bennydorano on June 03, 2017, 07:35:01 PM
Is the fix in? Only game this weekend with no betting available on Skybet
it was available, wasnt with rest of weekend games for some reason. it was under leinster championship page. dubs were evs -19pts on it at the start.
nil satis nisi optimum

Captain Obvious

Excellent half of football from Carlow. Goes to show that even a division 4 team can defend well if they have a good management team that can organized them right.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Zulu on June 03, 2017, 07:38:53 PM
Fair dues to Carlow. Awful to watch from a neutral perspective but they've given themselves something to play for in the second half.
It was intriguing first half. Many neutrals also enjoy the art of defending and competitive half of football.

mrdeeds

Yeah I'm enjoying it. When Carlow attack Dublin have plenty back. Murphy is a Rolls Royce of a player.

seafoid

A goal for Carlow would be great now
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Zulu

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 03, 2017, 07:55:58 PM
Quote from: Zulu on June 03, 2017, 07:38:53 PM
It was intriguing first half. Many neutrals also enjoy the art of defending and competitive half of football.

Getting 15 players back isn't the art of defending, it's the opposite in fact. If you're enjoying the spectacle then fair enough but I think it's brutal. I don't blame Carlow or anything, they are doing what they have to do to stay in touch but it isn't a good spectacle. I can understand why a Carlow man would be ecstatic but you can't even say it's competitive as it's floating along to an inevitable Dublin win. In saying all that Sean Murphy has delivered an heroic performance and I hope Carlow keep going to the end.

First yellow on Brendan Murphy was a joke.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 03, 2017, 08:00:56 PM
Yeah I'm enjoying it. When Carlow attack Dublin have plenty back. Murphy is a Rolls Royce of a player.
And a stupid sending off for Murphy now has probably ruin this contest FFS.

mrdeeds

Connolly should be gone too. Hands on official. Ref giving handy frees to Dublin.

Gold

If  Connelly was from Antrim he'd be banned for a year

Ref is an absolute joke. Underdogs getting no decisions here
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

AZOffaly

Connolly might get a ban for that. Evan Comerford got 12 weeks.

GaillimhIarthair

He's a feckin clown.  Understand he is having a poor game and is very frustrated but you would expect a player of his experience to show much more restraint in that situation.  He's a very skilful and talented footballer but just doesn't have the temperament to be lauded as much as he is at times.   

mrdeeds

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 03, 2017, 08:14:09 PM

12 weeks for verbal so use of hands should be that and more. Soft linesman not to call referee.

tippabu

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 03, 2017, 08:14:09 PM

Was just going to post the same.....guarenteed there won't even be a case to answer for.