Time for U2 to shuffle off before the corpse smells?

Started by Shamrock Shore, March 10, 2014, 03:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 12, 2015, 11:29:24 AM
Quote from: charlieTully on September 11, 2015, 11:25:21 PM
will this be a sell out in Belfast?
In less that 5 minutes. I'd expect more dates to be added for both cities, but they'll all disappear very soon too. We'll be at the mercy of the ticketmaster system.

Only positive thing is they've really clamped down on potential for touts, so don't be buying tickets thinking you can sell them on.

•    Fans buying floor sections will not receive a physical ticket. Think of the card used to make the purchase as your ticket. When you arrive at the venue, the venue staff will swipe your card at the doors and admit you to the standing section.
•    Students must also present their student ID for each ticket purchased.
•    Regular ticket holders must also present a valid govt issued photo ID for the purchaser only.
•    Paperless tickets are not transferrable. You cannot buy a Paperless ticket as a gift for someone else. You can only buy a paperless ticket if you (the card holder) will be attending the event in person. If you buy 2 paperless tickets, your companion must enter at the same time as you.
•    There are NO EXCEPTIONS to these rules.

If you buy with a Credit Card and it expires in the meantime, how are you fixed?
MWWSI 2017

Maguire01

muppet

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 12, 2015, 12:22:24 PM
You bring the expired card with you.

So if a tout does this he can offload the tickets as long as he gives the expired credit card as well? The card is of course useless for any other purpose.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 12, 2015, 08:50:47 AM
Other than the fact that he's successful (and we all know the Irish attitude to one of their own who succeeded at anything) what exactly have people got against Bono? It's not like his tax arrangements have any direct effect on your day-to-day lives.

I dunno. I think likes of Seán Kelly, John Treacy, Sonia O Sullivan, Caitríona McKiernan, Phil Lynott, Brian O Driscoll, Liam Brady, Damien Duffy, Dennis Taylor, Pat Eddery, Michael Kinnane, Willie Mullins, John Jo O Neill, (Arkle, Istrabraq :D) Niall Quinn, Paul McGinley, Alex Higgins, George Best, Paul O Connell, Padraig Harrington, Bernard Dunne, Barry McGuigan, Rory Gallagher, Pierce Brosnan, Richard Harris, Peter O Toole, John Giles, Stephen Roache, Brendan Gleeson, Colm Meaney, Liam Neeson, Liam Clancy, Finnbarr Furey, Dubliners, Sharon Shannon, Seamas Heaney, Denis Irwin, Paul McGrath, Ruby Walsh, Keith Wood and St. Patrick would be mostly liked I reckon.

Hardy

Maguire01

Quote from: moysider on September 13, 2015, 12:39:21 AM
Other than the fact that he's successful (and we all know the Irish attitude to one of their own who succeeded at anything) what exactly have people got against Bono? It's not like his tax arrangements have any direct effect on your day-to-day lives.

I dunno. I think likes of Seán Kelly, John Treacy, Sonia O Sullivan, Caitríona McKiernan, Phil Lynott, Brian O Driscoll, Liam Brady, Damien Duffy, Dennis Taylor, Pat Eddery, Michael Kinnane, Willie Mullins, John Jo O Neill, (Arkle, Istrabraq :D) Niall Quinn, Paul McGinley, Alex Higgins, George Best, Paul O Connell, Padraig Harrington, Bernard Dunne, Barry McGuigan, Rory Gallagher, Pierce Brosnan, Richard Harris, Peter O Toole, John Giles, Stephen Roache, Brendan Gleeson, Colm Meaney, Liam Neeson, Liam Clancy, Finnbarr Furey, Dubliners, Sharon Shannon, Seamas Heaney, Denis Irwin, Paul McGrath, Ruby Walsh, Keith Wood and St. Patrick would be mostly liked I reckon.
St Patrick isn't Irish.

armaghniac

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 13, 2015, 01:57:17 PM
Quote from: moysider on September 13, 2015, 12:39:21 AM

St Patrick isn't Irish.

It didn't take long for the anti immigrant sentiment to emerge.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mayo4Sam

I got standing for €70 each

Saw them in the garden in Boston in July, absolutely savage gig, probably the best I've seen them and that's over 20 years. Can't wait now!

For anyone that says they haven't had a hit in years, so what, they're new album is very good, three or four songs that are as good as anything they've produced.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

T Fearon

Nabbed two Upper South tier seats for Wednesday night at Odyssey for a total of £123.00 (including booking fee) this afternoon! ;D

magpie seanie

Quote from: T Fearon on November 13, 2015, 09:44:05 PM
Nabbed two Upper South tier seats for Wednesday night at Odyssey for a total of £123.00 (including booking fee) this afternoon! ;D

You paid for tickets?

T Fearon

Yes,sadly,it happens,about once every two years  ;D

T Fearon

Amazing gig in Belfast,even I, a veteran of gigs,was blown away.Amazing visuals with a screen placed vertically along a catwalk type thingy that connected the main stage to a mini one in the middle of the arena.

U2 are far from ready to shuffle off

ONeill

Sounds amazing. The amazing visuals must have been amazing. Especially the screen bit and the catwalk thingy the way it connected and all. The mini one sounds class. In the middle too.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Yes totes amaze balls.   Dalkey living has not taken the hard rock edge of these guys one bit!