Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogercasement

Bannside it wasn't the heavy defeat that annoyed me. I was close to sideline and I got distinct impression that score at 3.0 management went into damage limitation. Not acceptable

bannside

Two years ago Cavan won the Ulster championship. Lenny Harbinsons Antrim put them to the absolute pin of their collar. A defeat that was full of heart endeavour and pride.

Today, at home venue, the performance was the exact opposite of what you want from the same group tasked and  managed to put pride into our county at national level.

Shockingly, there are people peddling their wares at this level who are a million miles out of their depth. Unproven at any level..any of them...Chickens finally coming home to roost!

Never, ever been as embarrassed to be a Saffron as tonight.

rogercasement

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 23, 2022, 11:54:31 PM
Quote from: bannside on April 23, 2022, 11:51:52 PM
Nothing to do with the appointment! He's right, we'd guys couldn't kick or fist a pass 20 yards no movement nothing. Come on casements
Two years ago Cavan won the Ulster championship. Lenny Harbinsons Antrim put them to the absolute pin of their collar. A defeat that was full of heart endeavour and pride.

Today, at home venue, the performance was the exact opposite of what you want from the same group tasked and  managed to put pride into our county at national level.

Shockingly, there are people peddling their wares at this level who are a million miles out of their depth. Unproven at any level..any of them...Chickens finally coming home to roost!

Never, ever been as embarrassed to be a Saffron as tonight.
Ah, go fcuk! You backed this appointment on here and argued in their favour.

bannside

Hey Duine, yes you're 100% right. I did back it, thought it had real potential. Even though none of Enda Stevie Sean had anything that remotely successful on their CV's I liked the look of the punt, and backed the appointment.

Look, we can get it wrong at times. I am big enough to admit that this isn't going well. And in a constructive way I applaud you for challenging me on that.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

RC wouldn't notice £40 off his balance sheet. Like sheets in the wind lol.

Lets not get hysterical, today is a bad blip, a really bad blip tbh, but these are our players, some of the best we have, good lads who have given a lot for the cause. They are hurting too, no one goes out to be as poor as that. Mackers under 17's really did prove the doubters wrong last night, when most of us had completely written them off.

None of us expect to win Ulster senior. In a strange way it feels like a good weekend with the exceptional result in Inniskeen. It says to me that we have a future after all.

Gold

Simply AWFUL today.

1st ball we got we handpassed over the sideline. Conceding every f**king Cavan kickout was a crime. Players shitting themselves on the ball. No shot for 23 minutes was eye wateringly embarrassing.

No pattern, no ball winners, no forwards. We were at f**king home and went out with a wimper.

Mick lucky to get a yellow and not a black for slabbering nonsensically to the ref....he should've been took off as Stevie f**king Wonder knew he was gonna then end up sent off.

Eastwood and Tomas being took off at half time was strange. Tomas had tried hard and got a turnover just before the break. Eastwood hadn't got into it yet . but has a bit of f**king bite and it may have came for him.

We stood off and if we tackled we fouled. Stupid f**king fouls

They were physically superior and much more composed, despite their  bucketload of wides into the wind in the 1st half

Ryan Murray is a baller and a worker, only for him it would've been worse. Has bite, kicks balls f**king in or takes men on.

You need a forward line and a big man to kick it into. That boy Lynch won every ball for them. Surely we've 1 big man with a bit of bite can play FF

Awful.  f**king Awful,
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

whatwillbwillb

It would be nice to hear from our "Director of Football", remember him, maybe after the Election results are In?????????

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on April 24, 2022, 01:13:31 AM
RC wouldn't notice £40 off his balance sheet. Like sheets in the wind lol.

Lets not get hysterical, today is a bad blip, a really bad blip tbh, but these are our players, some of the best we have, good lads who have given a lot for the cause. They are hurting too, no one goes out to be as poor as that. Mackers under 17's really did prove the doubters wrong last night, when most of us had completely written them off.

None of us expect to win Ulster senior. In a strange way it feels like a good weekend with the exceptional result in Inniskeen. It says to me that we have a future after all.
"Let's not get hysterical" 1.5hrs after your own hysterical post. Lol

Milltown Row2

Waiting on one more contributor, would be interested to hear his thoughts
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NatSoSaff

A lot of overreaction (shock horror). I for one can see it for what it was, a very bad day at the office. Some players froze, some spectacularly underperformed, and some played out of position which was alien to them, and 1 or 2 maybe just weren't (or sadly aren't) up to it. It was a cocktail of disappointment on the biggest day of the year for us unfortunately. However, are you seriously now saying we are in such a bad place after a couple of poor league performances against decent division 3 sides and a defeat to a resurgent Cavan side (who were Ulster champions no time ago)? Get your heads out of your ass! I for one was against the managements appointment at the time, but you can't ignore, despite the lack of merit or any form of qualifying CV's, that these lads have restored pride in wanting to play for Antrim. They've created an environment where as much is expected of players in terms of commitment and application as would be in Tyrone or Donegal etc. They've taken us from ambling around in division 4 to competing for division 2 status. Those of you now predictably turning on management as usual, what is your alternative for the county now? Let's hear it. A good bit of cop on required lads. I know we're all hurting, and questions rightly need asking, but cut the 'all is lost' bull s"@& narrative please.

country bumpkin

Quote from: NatSoSaff on April 24, 2022, 08:44:11 AM
A lot of overreaction (shock horror). I for one can see it for what it was, a very bad day at the office. Some players froze, some spectacularly underperformed, and some played out of position which was alien to them, and 1 or 2 maybe just weren't (or sadly aren't) up to it. It was a cocktail of disappointment on the biggest day of the year for us unfortunately. However, are you seriously now saying we are in such a bad place after a couple of poor league performances against decent division 3 sides and a defeat to a resurgent Cavan side (who were Ulster champions no time ago)? Get your heads out of your ass! I for one was against the managements appointment at the time, but you can't ignore, despite the lack of merit or any form of qualifying CV's, that these lads have restored pride in wanting to play for Antrim. They've created an environment where as much is expected of players in terms of commitment and application as would be in Tyrone or Donegal etc. They've taken us from ambling around in division 4 to competing for division 2 status. Those of you now predictably turning on management as usual, what is your alternative for the county now? Let's hear it. A good bit of cop on required lads. I know we're all hurting, and questions rightly need asking, but cut the 'all is lost' bull s"@& narrative please.

Totally agree with every word NSS....
A bad day at the office was an adequate summary of events yesterday.
We started badly with several unforced errors from lads who had been leading the way all season led the narrative.

Mc Ginley and co have led us to a better place in my opinion and unfortunately there are those within, for whatever reason are more than quick to put the boot in...

A resurgent Cavan ran over us, and we must learn the lesson given.

Some former leaders of the pack in our county need to have a honest look within.

In former days we looked to clubs like, St John's, St Gall's, Rossa, to lead the way.....where are they now.
Belfast sides have obviously neglected their duties of care to their youth policies....
Watched Cargin under-15s totally demolish a Davitts side on their own patch on Thursday evening, and such underlines the demise of our games in one of the largest cities in Ireland.

Who within us would have believed if Nostrodamus had predicted six out of the last senior football championships heading to the South West in the past seven years?

I think a few within need to grab hold of their proverbial heads and acknowledge the stark realities.

Nobody cares more or hurts more today than Enda Mc Ginley, Stephen O' Neill, Sean Kelly and all those lads who have given a huge amount to raise our profile..

Some need to get a grip, look around and emerge blinking into the real world.

Milltown Row2

Ah... it's Belfasts fault  ;D

geezer

Strange dig at Belfast there CB, Ryan Murray was far and away Antrims best performer. You must class Hannahstown as SW territory...

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 24, 2022, 09:44:47 AM
My word.....

At least we got to hear about Cargin U15s against Davitts.

The spin on this one is fantastic, yet entirely predictable.

As is your entirely predictable reply.....and your club?