I would certain listen to his view in an interview scenario

The Monument Road

Quote from: Laoisguy on July 06, 2017, 09:31:31 AM
Would anybody take a look at Michael Murphy managing Stradbally

Seems to organise and maximise any team that he has  managed, intelligent

And he is in the vicinity of CB three or four nights a week.. :-* :-\

GAA-SMART

I would give Creadon another go at it, we cant go any further down and maybe it was needed to wake us up. If he does get turfed out well its hard to know where we go from here, Hercules wouldn't have the strength to lift us up at this stage, Jason Ryan was interested before, I still think he has a lot to offer a county set up. Jack Sheedy was interviews last time aswell and doing a decent Job up in Dublin by all accounts, 

SCFC

Quote from: Laoisguy on July 06, 2017, 09:31:31 AM
Would anybody take a look at Michael Murphy managing Stradbally

Seems to organise and maximise any team that he has  managed, intelligent

Great idea. Maybe there's a Stradbally man out there to manage the hurlers too.

justinn

Who is michael Murphy?

Laoisguy

I'm not from Stradbally :)

Consistantly good reports about his style that's all

justinn

is it martin murphy from gracefield ?

Laoisguy

The Monument Road

Quote from: Laoisguy on July 06, 2017, 01:43:44 PM
I'm not from Stradbally :)

Consistantly good reports about his style that's all
Denying can sometimes mean confirming ??? :(

Tony

My preference would be to keep Creedon on board for another year and refresh the backround set up. Maybe add Ross in there if he retires and a good S&C coach like barry solan. The ones we had this year were of a primitive standard. A plus I see from this year was blooding a lot of new players like Farrell and Kelly. It's a transitional phase. If we end up getting a new manager each year I can't see the momentum. The players love Creedon and each player I've spoken to has praised the set up. I was dissappointed with his performance overall but a man with a couple years club experience is highly unlikely to just become an amazing inter county manager as there's a huge difference in both jobs. Creedon is not the be all and end all manager but he is committed to the cause and I can see us making an improvement in season 2 if changes and improvements are made.

That's my opinion anyway, no need to get personal.

Unison

Quote from: Tony on July 06, 2017, 04:46:12 PM
The players love Creedon and each player I've spoken to has praised the set up.

'Love' my backside!! Given that they were unfit, indisciplined and did not perform for him on match days, I don't understand how the players could say that they 'loved' Creedon, unless it was because it was a soft regime under which to train and play.

It seems to me that there is not one good reason for retaining him. He brought Laois down to the bottom basement of inter county football and I think it will really turn supporters away if he is retained.

BallyroanAbu

My preference would be to keep Creedon on board for another year and refresh the backround set up. Maybe add Ross in there if he retires and a good S&C coach like barry solan. The ones we had this year were of a primitive standard. A plus I see from this year was blooding a lot of new players like Farrell and Kelly. It's a transitional phase. If we end up getting a new manager each year I can't see the momentum. The players love Creedon and each player I've spoken to has praised the set up. I was dissappointed with his performance overall but a man with a couple years club experience is highly unlikely to just become an amazing inter county manager as there's a huge difference in both jobs. Creedon is not the be all and end all manager but he is committed to the cause and I can see us making an improvement in season 2 if changes and improvements are made.

Complete Madness

Keyser Söze

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on July 06, 2017, 04:58:27 PM

Complete Madness

There is no talking to the man.
Watch the definition of the term "success" change multiple times between December 2017 & July 2018 if he gets a second year.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Tony

Right.

Realistically who can we get.

Creedon : a man who knows the setup and players now in Laois and wants to improve for 2018. Not exactly the best manager in the world but average and methods well liked.

Clancy : a man with a couple of indifferent seasons at club management and zero county management experience. But ballyroan says he might have the x factor, whatever that is.

Roe : a man who has failed at underage management.

Malachy : promosing for maybe 5 years but does not want the job for 2018 I hear.

Higgins.

We don't exactly have the best choice in the land do we. As I said before I don't think senior will even matter that much in the next few years. My preference will be Creedon, THAT IS MY OPINION, and so I don't know why you're arguing. Get Clancy in if you want but when he proves he's no magician, then at least will ye become a little bit realistic? I've nothing against Padraig by the way, sound man.

Unison

Who said anything about Roe? Give it to a young Laois man - Munnelly or Clancy. Creedon is a proven failure.