Crossmaglen

Started by T Fearon, March 14, 2016, 07:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Olly on October 07, 2017, 01:45:54 PM
I met Jamie this morning at Stoneyford reservoir at 4am and he was having trouble with a 14lb rainbow trout but he said he's concentrating on fishing this year and wants to catch a 30lb pike soon but had yet to get a licence.

You forgot to mention what jersey he was wearing?

Armamike

Quote from: mcklatchee on October 07, 2017, 07:39:13 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 06, 2017, 08:53:23 PM
http://orchardfans.com/index.php

The Continuity Forum

Presumably just the same guys as before just without the official baggage. Maybe that will let them relax a bit. We will have to wait and see

Looks like a different set of folk.  These forums are better off not linked to official sites anyway.
That's just, like your opinion man.

armaghniac

Quote from: OgraAnDun on October 07, 2017, 02:24:05 PM
I met Jamie this morning at Stoneyford reservoir at 4am and he was having trouble with a 14lb rainbow trout but he said he's concentrating on fishing this year and wants to catch a 30lb pike soon but had yet to get a licence.

You forgot to mention what jersey he was wearing?

He'd likely fit in best in a Rangers jersey in those parts, and not a black and amber one.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

Interesting in Big Hearty's interview in Irish News yesterday,where he lashed out at lads who need a break regularly every two or three months! Wonder was he referring to anyone in particular?

bennydorano

Get the feeling bridges have been burned myself.

naka

Have no issue with Jamie heading off , fair play to him, for myself I would encourage everyone to travel and see the world. I can see no reason why he should stay it's not as if gaa is giving him a living.
The reality and indeed I see it in my own kids is that they see beyond Ireland and Gaelic football is no longer the be all of life.
Indeed was chatting to a young county player from another county who wants to travel and in his words he is being made to feel as if he is letting everyone down. He feels terrible about it. That's not fair on young guys.
So hopefully Jamie enjoys Australia and the rest.

As for cross hopefully they fall back in the pack , I am encouraged by the Work so many clubs in Armagh are doing, clann eireann, maghery  who both won minors at different levels etc so we just need more to continue their great work st ground level.

tiempo

Was talking to him, sez he's gonna leave the reservoir in better shape than he found it, all part of a lasting legacy.

tonto1888

Quote from: naka on October 08, 2017, 08:51:39 AM
Have no issue with Jamie heading off , fair play to him, for myself I would encourage everyone to travel and see the world. I can see no reason why he should stay it's not as if gaa is giving him a living.
The reality and indeed I see it in my own kids is that they see beyond Ireland and Gaelic football is no longer the be all of life.
Indeed was chatting to a young county player from another county who wants to travel and in his words he is being made to feel as if he is letting everyone down. He feels terrible about it. That's not fair on young guys.
So hopefully Jamie enjoys Australia and the rest.

As for cross hopefully they fall back in the pack , I am encouraged by the Work so many clubs in Armagh are doing, clann eireann, maghery  who both won minors at different levels etc so we just need more to continue their great work st ground level.

Generally I would agree and would do 100% if he hadn't talked about leaving a legacy and why not. That said I won't criticise him as he has to do what he feels he has to do and what he wants to do

Olly

Quote from: tiempo on October 08, 2017, 08:58:39 AM

Was talking to him, sez he's gonna leave the reservoir in better shape than he found it, all part of a lasting legacy.

Yes he said that to me too and seemed to be surveying the whole reservoir like a man with a plan whilst ripping away at his line as he was landing another big trout. Funny I saw him this morning outside Nutts Corner market at 6am waiting for it to open. He said he was looking to get more bait and wanted to be the first man at it. He was in the same clothes as yesterday - a pair of cord jeans, sandals and a wooly jumper but you could see a Louth jersey underneath it. Hes just clean mad about fishing and to be honest im a bit sick of hearing about it from him.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Orior

Getting back to player movement, John Donaldson played centre half back for Leinster, and then moved to XMG. What was that about?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

I see Oisin having a go in Sunday Life at us twits who dared to frown on Crossmaglen's lack of grace in defeat last weekend😠

thebar

Quote from: T Fearon on October 08, 2017, 01:00:18 PM
I see Oisin having a go in Sunday Life at us twits who dared to frown on Crossmaglen's lack of grace in defeat last weekend😠

hook, line & sinker

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Orior on October 08, 2017, 11:56:12 AM
Getting back to player movement, John Donaldson played centre half back for Leinster, and then moved to XMG. What was that about?

Maybe because he is from the area and had fallen out with Cullyhanna moved to Louth and then moved back to us a number of years later. No big deal. His father is at most of our games and his nephews play a huge part in the club.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on October 08, 2017, 01:00:18 PM

There was a row involving both sets of players and supporters. What did cross do over and above this which showed a lack of grace

mcklatchee

Quote from: Armamike on October 07, 2017, 02:41:47 PM
Quote from: mcklatchee on October 07, 2017, 07:39:13 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 06, 2017, 08:53:23 PM
http://orchardfans.com/index.php

The Continuity Forum

Presumably just the same guys as before just without the official baggage. Maybe that will let them relax a bit. We will have to wait and see

Looks like a different set of folk.  These forums are better off not linked to official sites anyway.

How do you mean it looks like a different set of folk?

Definitely has the look and feel of the old set up. I suppose the admin pissed a few people off so might benefit from the appearance of a fresh start
If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know