Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on May 05, 2020, 12:35:32 PM
Quote from: lenny on May 05, 2020, 08:28:53 AM
Quote from: Angelo on May 05, 2020, 07:52:20 AM
Some utterly fascinating insights into the mindset of Derry GAA people here.

Derry were once big hitters but there's a culture there of jealousy, bitterness and egotism that brought it down. A toxic culture that brought them from one of the best teams in Ireland to one of the worst. 1 Ulster final appearance in the past 19 years, the last time they made an AI SF, a good man was in charge of them - Mickey Moran. This is the chap the Derry animals on here are busy trying to sling mud at scapegoat. You get plenty of slabberers like screen and lenny from Derry, always quick to point and cast the blame somewhere else but never man enough to look at how the game has fallen within the county and ask the hard questions.

Lenny is regularly hanging around the Tyrone forums on here, always looking to put the boot in, wanting to see Tyrone football crash and burn in the same manner Derry football did. A Derryman absolutely obsessed with the fortunes of Tyrone football, it keeps him awake at night - it's bizarre - the levels of bitterness, rancour and seethe he was with Tyrone because Derry football was brought down by a bunch of fifth columnists and nobody in Derry is seemingly man enough to come out and address the issue. Meanwhile, he was his neighbours surpass Derry and he can't live with that - its a bitterness that simmers every living day with him, when you see the disgusting things the Derry lads say about a good man like Mickey Moran, a respected and successful coach, well admired across the whole island, does it surprise you with the vitriol and bile he emits to the man that brought Tyrone 3 AIs? Not at all.

Sometimes Lenny even forgets which account he has logged in under to have a pop at Mickey Harte, that my friends is an insight into the psyche of Derry football. If they showed half as much endeavour into reforming that toxic culture that exists in Derry football as they do into looking for bogeymen and scapegoats to make up for their shortcomings then they wouldn't be long returning to some form of credibility.

Angelo, as I said earlier you stay safe kid, lockdown will soon be over.
Just to point out the facts again with like for like comparison. Derry obviously didn't play with a back door so comparing the 2 teams record through the front door. That Derry team won 1 all Ireland and 4 national leagues, Tyrone won 1 all Ireland and 2 national leagues. To compare the 2 teams any other way leads to hypotheticals. Tyrone won another 2 all Ireland's through the back door, in most people's opinion that Derry team would've won at least another 2 or 3. That is easy enough to surmise because of how dominant they were in league football beating all the big teams on a regular basis. Hard to argue with the facts lads.

Bogeymen, scapegoats. Derry got one and ended any chance of anything more because a toxic culture festered around the county that nobody was big enough to take hold of. You have spend the past two and a half decades looking for someone and something to blame rather than accepting the problem was wholly internal.

Keep loitering around the Tyrone forums with your multiple aliases though, you were crazy before lockdown, you're not even aware that the levels of seethe and rancour inside you aren't normal.

Angelo, I definitely think this lockdown is getting to you so let's call a truce until it's over. I don't want to be the person responsible for you taking it out on your wife/cousin.

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on May 05, 2020, 05:02:42 PM

Derry were once big hitters but there's a culture there of jealousy, bitterness and egotism that brought it down. A toxic culture that brought them from one of the best teams in Ireland to one of the worst. 1 Ulster final appearance in the past 19 years, the last time they made an AI SF, a good man was in charge of them - Mickey Moran. This is the chap the Derry animals on here are busy trying to sling mud at scapegoat. You get plenty of slabberers like screen and lenny from Derry, always quick to point and cast the blame somewhere else but never man enough to look at how the game has fallen within the county and ask the hard questions.

Lenny is regularly hanging around the Tyrone forums on here, always looking to put the boot in, wanting to see Tyrone football crash and burn in the same manner Derry football did. A Derryman absolutely obsessed with the fortunes of Tyrone football, it keeps him awake at night - it's bizarre - the levels of bitterness, rancour and seethe he was with Tyrone because Derry football was brought down by a bunch of fifth columnists and nobody in Derry is seemingly man enough to come out and address the issue. Meanwhile, he was his neighbours surpass Derry and he can't live with that - its a bitterness that simmers every living day with him, when you see the disgusting things the Derry lads say about a good man like Mickey Moran, a respected and successful coach, well admired across the whole island, does it surprise you with the vitriol and bile he emits to the man that brought Tyrone 3 AIs? Not at all.

Sometimes Lenny even forgets which account he has logged in under to have a pop at Mickey Harte, that my friends is an insight into the psyche of Derry football. If they showed half as much endeavour into reforming that toxic culture that exists in Derry football as they do into looking for bogeymen and scapegoats to make up for their shortcomings then they wouldn't be long returning to some form of credibility.

Just to point out the facts again with like for like comparison. Derry obviously didn't play with a back door so comparing the 2 teams record through the front door. That Derry team won 1 all Ireland and 4 national leagues, Tyrone won 1 all Ireland and 2 national leagues. To compare the 2 teams any other way leads to hypotheticals. Tyrone won another 2 all Ireland's through the back door, in most people's opinion that Derry team would've won at least another 2 or 3. That is easy enough to surmise because of how dominant they were in league football beating all the big teams on a regular basis. Hard to argue with the facts lads.

Bogeymen, scapegoats. Derry got one and ended any chance of anything more because a toxic culture festered around the county that nobody was big enough to take hold of. You have spend the past two and a half decades looking for someone and something to blame rather than accepting the problem was wholly internal.

Keep loitering around the Tyrone forums with your multiple aliases though, you were crazy before lockdown, you're not even aware that the levels of seethe and rancour inside you aren't normal.

Angelo, I definitely think this lockdown is getting to you so let's call a truce until it's over. I don't want to be the person responsible for you taking it out on your wife/cousin.

You think this lockdown is getting to me?

You're a Derryman, who goes around creating scapegoats and bogeymen to blame for the collapse of Derry football, pin the blame on some of your own county men, a good man like Mickey Moran, a proud Derryman pounced on and savaged by the Derry animals.

You spend a fair chunk of your time on here lurking around the Tyrone forums, like a voyeur, sometimes getting mixed up which login you're using as you launch your venom against Mickey Harte.

It's another classic post from you, introspection, self-awareness, conscience - things absent in you and most Derry men - so you need not worry about my wife or my cousins - it's actually Derry people who have a habit of taking their own failings out on their own in very vindictive and unwarranted fashion. The absence of the aforementioned just stops you from seeing that.

The rancour and bitterness that flows through you is extremely unhealthy, we'll see you lurking over on the Tyrone forums shortly no doubt.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GiveItToTheShooters

Angelo you've said the same thing about 10 times, you're like a broken record

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on May 05, 2020, 08:08:24 PM
Quote from: lenny on May 05, 2020, 05:02:42 PM

You think this lockdown is getting to me?

You're a Derryman, who goes around creating scapegoats and bogeymen to blame for the collapse of Derry football, pin the blame on some of your own county men, a good man like Mickey Moran, a proud Derryman pounced on and savaged by the Derry animals.

You spend a fair chunk of your time on here lurking around the Tyrone forums, like a voyeur, sometimes getting mixed up which login you're using as you launch your venom against Mickey Harte.

It's another classic post from you, introspection, self-awareness, conscience - things absent in you and most Derry men - so you need not worry about my wife or my cousins - it's actually Derry people who have a habit of taking their own failings out on their own in very vindictive and unwarranted fashion. The absence of the aforementioned just stops you from seeing that.

The rancour and bitterness that flows through you is extremely unhealthy, we'll see you lurking over on the Tyrone forums shortly no doubt.

Good man, so a truce it is then. It's for the best.

Angelo

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 05, 2020, 08:11:03 PM
Angelo you've said the same thing about 10 times, you're like a broken record

The truth doesn't change.

quit yo jibbajabba

You forgot scapegoats and bogeymen.

Id propose "the truth doesnt change when i speak of the scapegoats and bogeymen"

Youre welcome

Angelo

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 05, 2020, 09:02:33 PM

Id propose "the truth doesnt change when i speak of the scapegoats and bogeymen"

Youre welcome

It's true and it's the inability of Derry GAA to recognise that brought their county team from the top to the floor.

screenexile

Quote from: Angelo on May 05, 2020, 10:30:04 PM

Youre welcome

It's true and it's the inability of Derry GAA to recognise that brought their county team from the top to the floor.

We're on the floor yet you lads flock to a Joe Brolly thread to slag Derry... the siege mentality is alive and well in Deliverance!!!

Angelo

Quote from: screenexile on May 05, 2020, 11:07:27 PM

Youre welcome

We're on the floor yet you lads flock to a Joe Brolly thread to slag Derry... the siege mentality is alive and well in Deliverance!!!

Flock to see him?

Brolly courts attention and controversy, he used his position as a national pundit to have an extremely nasty and vindictive go at a good man at Mickey Moran, a successful and well liked GAA coach who shies away from the media - it's as cheap as you'd expect from Brolly. He used Moran as the scapegoat as to why Derry didn't achieve more. Brolly himself was a good man to go missing when needed by Derry but as usual he finds it easier to try and pin the blame on someone else or create a bogeyman to get people to look over there.

Yourself and Lenny have then proceeded to lose the plot when a few home truths have been pointed out.

Bless ye.

quit yo jibbajabba

May i propose - "Bless ye all. Yer a county of scapegoats and bogeymen".

Youre welcome

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on May 06, 2020, 08:18:49 AM

Youre welcome

Flock to see him?

Brolly courts attention and controversy, he used his position as a national pundit to have an extremely nasty and vindictive go at a good man at Mickey Moran, a successful and well liked GAA coach who shies away from the media - it's as cheap as you'd expect from Brolly. He used Moran as the scapegoat as to why Derry didn't achieve more. Brolly himself was a good man to go missing when needed by Derry but as usual he finds it easier to try and pin the blame on someone else or create a bogeyman to get people to look over there.

Yourself and Lenny have then proceeded to lose the plot when a few home truths have been pointed out.

Bless ye.

I'm not sure this is how a truce is supposed to work angelo.

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on May 06, 2020, 09:45:09 AM

Youre welcome

Flock to see him?

Bless ye.

I didn't agree to any so called truce. My only obligation is the truth, we operate in different manners, you are regularly on here lurking on the Tyrone forums, dipping into your other aliases and spewing your bile against Tyrone.

I've no real axe to grind with Derry GAA because Derry GAA's own worst enemy is their own. You look at the scurrilous attack from Brolly on Mickey Moran last week as a prime example. You then look at the how the likes of yourself, screen and jibber jabber reacted - not one of ye could acknowledge what's very evident about how Derry went from big hitters to basement dwellers - it was all about pinning scapegoats and creating bogeymen.

I feel pity for what has happened to Derry, I was delighted for them when they won an AI but it's clear to see it went to their heads and a toxic culture has existed there since with nobody big enough inside the county to call it out for what it is.

quit yo jibbajabba

"Truth not truce" - Angelo off of the gaaboard calls out the scapegoats and bogeymen.

My pleasure

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on May 06, 2020, 10:26:45 AM
Quote from: lenny on May 06, 2020, 09:45:09 AM

Youre welcome

Flock to see him?

Bless ye.

I didn't agree to any so called truce. My only obligation is the truth, we operate in different manners, you are regularly on here lurking on the Tyrone forums, dipping into your other aliases and spewing your bile against Tyrone.

I've no real axe to grind with Derry GAA because Derry GAA's own worst enemy is their own. You look at the scurrilous attack from Brolly on Mickey Moran last week as a prime example. You then look at the how the likes of yourself, screen and jibber jabber reacted - not one of ye could acknowledge what's very evident about how Derry went from big hitters to basement dwellers - it was all about pinning scapegoats and creating bogeymen.

I feel pity for what has happened to Derry, I was delighted for them when they won an AI but it's clear to see it went to their heads and a toxic culture has existed there since with nobody big enough inside the county to call it out for what it is.

Yeooo, no ceasefire sell out for Angelo. Fair play to you for sticking to your guns.

GiveItToTheShooters

Let me suggest "I didn't agree to any so called truce, cos yes went from being big hitters to basement dwellers".