Started by tonto1888, June 13, 2022, 03:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: tyrone08 on June 20, 2022, 01:34:25 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on June 20, 2022, 01:08:40 PM
Quote from: marty34 on June 20, 2022, 12:59:10 PM
Quote from: galwayman on June 20, 2022, 12:38:12 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on June 20, 2022, 11:47:00 AM
I saw someone on the Orchard Fans forum complaining already about the price of hotels the night of the All Ireland final, ye will be spending a lot of money in Dublin over the next month.
Anyone seen the price of hotels in Dublin for this Saturday night? Jaysus. Planning to go to the minor game on Saturday as well but looks like will have to drive up and down both Saturday and Sunday now. Accommodation very expensive.

Its a farce.

Next time them hospitality reps come on the tv complaining about this and that, they can go to f#$k.

Complete rip off.

500 quid for a standard hotel room, breakfast extra ... WTF .. someone must be paying it that they can get away with it.  To whoever is paying it, catch a grip!

I have no idea how people are paying it. Belfast is the same. 250 quid for a single room on a fri night with no breakfast. Place is packed so there must be plenty of people about with a lot of spare cash.

Belfast has turned into a mini Dublin since Covid began in terms of prices for hotel rooms, food and drinks. 

tyrone08

Quote from: yellowcard on June 20, 2022, 01:39:40 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 20, 2022, 01:34:25 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on June 20, 2022, 01:08:40 PM
Quote from: marty34 on June 20, 2022, 12:59:10 PM
Quote from: galwayman on June 20, 2022, 12:38:12 PM
I saw someone on the Orchard Fans forum complaining already about the price of hotels the night of the All Ireland final, ye will be spending a lot of money in Dublin over the next month.
Anyone seen the price of hotels in Dublin for this Saturday night? Jaysus. Planning to go to the minor game on Saturday as well but looks like will have to drive up and down both Saturday and Sunday now. Accommodation very expensive.

Its a farce.

Next time them hospitality reps come on the tv complaining about this and that, they can go to f#$k.

Complete rip off.

500 quid for a standard hotel room, breakfast extra ... WTF .. someone must be paying it that they can get away with it.  To whoever is paying it, catch a grip!

I have no idea how people are paying it. Belfast is the same. 250 quid for a single room on a fri night with no breakfast. Place is packed so there must be plenty of people about with a lot of spare cash.

Belfast has turned into a mini Dublin since Covid began in terms of prices for hotel rooms, food and drinks.

Agreed. Went out in belfast a few weeks ago for a few drinks. Charged £6.50 for a pint of guinness and an dilute orange. £5.50 for the pint and £1 for a dash or orange cordial. Ffs I can buy the entire bottle for £1.

Maroon Manc

I'm still scared from the performance against Tipp in 2016, about as disappointing as I've ever been leaving Croke Park given the expectation prior to the match.

I'd imagine Kieran Molloy will be given the job of man marking Rhian O'Neill although I'll be more then concerned when he ventures into the full forward line, that Galway backline lacks a bit of height but don't think there's a backline amongst all the sides left which doesn't have that issue. Armagh might have the same issue and I can see Patrick Kelly spending a bit of time in the full forward line trying to catch them out.

Who knows what Galway will turn up, still have a good few doubts about this team unfortunately; Going to have to up the ante defensively from the Roscommon game.

I'm sure Galway have done plenty of work on Rafferty's kickout, both keepers have a lot of work to do in that department to match the standard of the top keepers. Rafferty doesn't like kicking to his left, can't recall him going to that side too many times  in the last 2 games. The likelihood is we'll see more contests from the kickouts then any other game this weekend.

galwayman

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 20, 2022, 02:15:10 PM
I'm still scared from the performance against Tipp in 2016, about as disappointing as I've ever been leaving Croke Park given the expectation prior to the match.

I'd imagine Kieran Molloy will be given the job of man marking Rhian O'Neill although I'll be more then concerned when he ventures into the full forward line, that Galway backline lacks a bit of height but don't think there's a backline amongst all the sides left which doesn't have that issue. Armagh might have the same issue and I can see Patrick Kelly spending a bit of time in the full forward line trying to catch them out.

Who knows what Galway will turn up, still have a good few doubts about this team unfortunately; Going to have to up the ante defensively from the Roscommon game.

I'm sure Galway have done plenty of work on Rafferty's kickout, both keepers have a lot of work to do in that department to match the standard of the top keepers. Rafferty doesn't like kicking to his left, can't recall him going to that side too many times  in the last 2 games. The likelihood is we'll see more contests from the kickouts then any other game this weekend.
Molloy isn't comfortable in the fullback line at all. Don't think we can afford to have him on O'Neill when he is inside.
The fact that Armagh favour kicking the ball early is made for Croker. This worries me.
I'm the same as yourself - leaving Croker in 2016 after that Tipp game was just so depressing and disappointing.
Armagh are a completely different kettle of fish though to be fair.

maddog

Surely Kelly will pick up O'neill ?

illdecide

Start with the Hotels...

As someone stated a few posts back, don't come yapping when things go tits up and no-one can afford your rip-off Hotels.
Dublin can keep their Hotels and beer and charge whatever they want as i'll not be making any purchases.

As for the tickets...

I expected 70,000 - 75,000 for the game as 3 from 4 bring a good support  and the two games would appeal to a lot of neutrals. If it's a sell out...great.

As for the match...

Jasus would be foolish to predict TBH, there are so many factors. Will it be defensive?. Will it be all out attack?. Both teams have a marquee forward with good attacking talent around them. Both teams have their flaws but one thing for sure is it should be close. If Galway push up on Armagh kick outs and cause them to panic they will get some joy from that, If Shane Walsh is not marshalled right we will get tore a new arse. Comer is a big unit and could cause problems too. 
Armagh have a lot of attacking talent which will rack up scores against the best teams so for me it will come down to midfield and defence, will we hold them out. Can Armagh win the battle around the mid third?. For me this is the key and if we can break even there we will win the game but that's easier said than done.

Armagh 2-14
Galway 1-15
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

maddog

I'd say Galway will be making plans for Campbells runs from deep. Great to see him back to form.

maddog

Quote from: illdecide on June 20, 2022, 02:47:59 PM
Start with the Hotels...

As someone stated a few posts back, don't come yapping when things go tits up and no-one can afford your rip-off Hotels.
Dublin can keep their Hotels and beer and charge whatever they want as i'll not be making any purchases.

As for the tickets...

I expected 70,000 - 75,000 for the game as 3 from 4 bring a good support  and the two games would appeal to a lot of neutrals. If it's a sell out...great.

As for the match...

Jasus would be foolish to predict TBH, there are so many factors. Will it be defensive?. Will it be all out attack?. Both teams have a marquee forward with good attacking talent around them. Both teams have their flaws but one thing for sure is it should be close. If Galway push up on Armagh kick outs and cause them to panic they will get some joy from that, If Shane Walsh is not marshalled right we will get tore a new arse. Comer is a big unit and could cause problems too. 
Armagh have a lot of attacking talent which will rack up scores against the best teams so for me it will come down to midfield and defence, will we hold them out. Can Armagh win the battle around the mid third?. For me this is the key and if we can break even there we will win the game but that's easier said than done.

Armagh 2-14
Galway 1-15

Shelbourne hotel on booking.com for night of AIF is £1407, and another 30 euro if you want breakfast. This should be in the WTF thread.

tonto1888

Most on there are best ignored

mouview

Different team, different manager, different mindset and approach.

An Fhairche Abu

They have no body of work to hang their proverbial hats on, difficult to see statements online like "Galway will be found out" from the neighbours, but until that Galway team prove otherwise it's hard to refute it either. Would anyone be that surprised to see Galway lose heavily on Sunday?
It's happened before so time for the Galway players to stand up and deliver in a big CP knockout match, even if they don't win but still play to their ability then reasonable supporters will go fair enough beaten by a better team. I think Galway have a right chance if they can somehow improve on retaining Gleeson's limited kickouts and put pressure on the opposite end.
Once it's not a total no show like Tipp 2016 or a downing tools situation like the second half of the Connacht final last year, we'll live with the outcome regardless.

Quote from: mouview on June 20, 2022, 03:57:56 PM
Different team, different manager, different mindset and approach.
I would love to agree fully but that is to be proven yet, Galway have done well this year overall in fairness from what was a very low base in January, another huge test on Sunday. If they get a result there then we'll have a lot to look forward to, it could be the making of whichever team wins I feel.

rosnarun

Galway have good enough forwards and poor enough defenders to take Armagh on in a shoot out
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

seafoid

I think Galway have the better manager
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

marty34

Quote from: seafoid on June 20, 2022, 04:09:30 PM
I think Galway have the better manager

Hard to know.

When a team wins, the managers get the plaudits and when they lose, he gets the grief.

Need to have lads on the team, big leaders, who make the big decisions, when things get tough during a game.

With the water breaks gone now, less chance for management to discuss things properly.

Captain Scarlet

Excuse the ignorance here as I don't see as much of Armagh but the bauld Soupy is being relied on a nice bit and you would imagine getting a run on him going the other way is not something he fancies.

Would Galway try a curve ball like Aidan O'Shea on Donaghy and bring someone back who can live with O'Neill on the edge of the square and then can more than hold their own out the field.

It shoud be a great day above no matter. Feel for any fans having to pay for juice and a hotel. It's a feckin joke at the minute and it won't get any better.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.