Armagh v Donegal (Sun 12th June, Clones, 4pm)

Started by illdecide, June 08, 2022, 09:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: J70 on June 12, 2022, 08:54:03 PM
Quote from: JoeSoap on June 12, 2022, 07:57:30 PM
Murphy got booed a few times for his frees but that's bog standard at this stage, I think he gets booed every game nowadays.

Congrats to Armagh. I thought they managed the game well but I disagree with the poster who said they made us look bad rather than us being bad. The 2nd half from us was one of the worst I've seen, going back to the embarrassing hammering from Galway in Rory Gallagher's last game.

If we had gone down fighting in a cracker (which it was shaping up to be), I would have been fine with Bonner staying on. But the players performance in that 2nd half says it all.

It was like watching some junior team, the way they were launching aimless balls in on top of Murphy from 20 minutes out, and him surrounded by five or six men. Even he had by some miracle won one and stuck it in, what then for the other six or seven points they needed? I doubt if Armagh could believe what they were witnessing.

Mayo were in a similar position yesterday, and ran out easy winners. Different attitudes and different management.
Honestly don't know what that was about. Was never gonna work with Rafferty in there anyway.

full moon

Was good for Armagh to win, they play decent football. Donegal are just far too negative and have been for a long time. If they won they'd have only been brutally exposed in Croke Park once again with their style of play.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 12, 2022, 08:45:03 PM
There is an odd notion in GAA about booing. There are men of all ages and status who turn up at games club and county and verbally abuse everyone from the ref to the boy running the tuck shop, from start to finish. All sorts of language. Not an eyelid batted, even gets a few chuckles from those around him.

By Christ he'd better not boo anyone.

It's a boo ffs. Dry up.

Uhoh. Looks like we have a boo'er on the board. Mods?

Farrandeelin

Funnily enough, while being nice people, I always found Donegal fans to be the biggest booers against Mayo. Apart from the Dubs on the Hill obviously.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

nrico2006

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 12, 2022, 08:45:03 PM
There is an odd notion in GAA about booing. There are men of all ages and status who turn up at games club and county and verbally abuse everyone from the ref to the boy running the tuck shop, from start to finish. All sorts of language. Not an eyelid batted, even gets a few chuckles from those around him.

By Christ he'd better not boo anyone.

It's a boo ffs. Dry up.

Always thought the same.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

J70

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 12, 2022, 09:09:31 PM
Loud & proud.
Without that strange apostrophe though.

Loud and proud?

What are you, 12?

J70

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 12, 2022, 09:23:42 PM
What's it to you?

Just curious why someone would claim pride in booing amateur players.

Suggests immaturity to me.

onefaircounty

Quote from: David McKeown on June 12, 2022, 07:23:59 PM
At the game I only heard two incidents of booing. Both for poor refereeing decisions.

You can't be serious? A large number of our fans booed reguarly on frees etc. It was embarrassing.

A sour note on a fantastic showing from Armagh fans. Big numbers and loud, just wish we'd leave the booing at home.

Armagh18

Quote from: onefaircounty on June 12, 2022, 09:45:31 PM
At the game I only heard two incidents of booing. Both for poor refereeing decisions.

You can't be serious? A large number of our fans booed reguarly on frees etc. It was embarrassing.

A sour note on a fantastic showing from Armagh fans. Big numbers and loud, just wish we'd leave the booing at home.
In fairness Murphy earned a few boos for the way he was carrying on.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 12, 2022, 09:49:27 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 12, 2022, 09:40:32 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 12, 2022, 09:23:42 PM
What's it to you?

Just curious why someone would claim pride in booing amateur players.

Suggests immaturity to me.

You do realise that people may say things on here that they don't really mean?

For example, I don't imagine that you often initiate internet chats with people you believe to be 12.

The discussion between myself and quit yo jibbajabba was not to be taken seriously.

I was totally serious 😉 on reflection i agree with you on the apostrophe tho 😃

David McKeown

I'm not saying there wasn't booing. Just wasn't particularly noticeable where I was in the Gerry Arthurs. My brothers family didn't notice it either and they were a section over.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Armagh18

Quote from: David McKeown on June 12, 2022, 10:21:46 PM

I'm not saying there wasn't booing. Just wasn't particularly noticeable where I was in the Gerry Arthurs. My brothers family didn't notice it either and they were a section over.
I was on the hill and to be fair there was a lot of booing when Murphy was hitting frees. The ref got a couple as well.

ONeill

Yiz are great booers though and I mean that as a compliment.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

David McKeown

Maybe they were all shouting Burns at Jarly Og?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

bennydorano

Quote from: David McKeown on June 12, 2022, 10:46:05 PM
Maybe they were all shouting Burns at Jarly Og?
I like it. Possible ©️ issues tho