Armagh v Donegal (Sun 12th June, Clones, 4pm)

Started by illdecide, June 08, 2022, 09:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

The Armagh support is unusual. It's like a major day out for people who don't really have an interest in the games. They're deadly for cheering their own wides. It's like, if it goes near the posts, it must be a point. Great cheerers of wides and booers. And ole-ers. Maybe it's just the Lurgan ones.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armagh Girl

Well done to Armagh today.....great game and fantastic atmosphere!   Can't believe the amount of giving out on here tonight about the Booing from Armagh fans.......there is booing at all matches.  We were in the stand and there were a few boos at the Ref and the antics of Murphy....which were both well deserved.  Worse than any booing was the antics of Bonnar and co following the Referee across the pitch at the end of the 1st half then the Donegal Doctor going over to the Referee, giving off too .....before Armagh came out for 2nd half.  Anyway like Rian said We will turn Croker into a sea of Orange and White..

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

Another blow in judging on his no of posts. Must be a Armagh Band wagoner, our own county picked up about 15k last outing. On a serious note, outside of Dublin, supporters tending not to boo opposite players too often, times change, not necessarily for the better. Just think it'd a total lack of respect for players who put in alot of time to a amateur sport. As for Donegal, Bonner taking all the hits for the team. I think alot of players have let him down performance wise.

marty34

Quote from: ONeill on June 12, 2022, 10:57:49 PM
The Armagh support is unusual. It's like a major day out for people who don't really have an interest in the games. They're deadly for cheering their own wides. It's like, if it goes near the posts, it must be a point. Great cheerers of wides and booers. And ole-ers. Maybe it's just the Lurgan ones.

I remember stopping in Applegreen on way back from Dublin one Sunday..

I think Armagh were playing Meath in Navan.

Some mad Lurgan ones in it - very loud and loutish. Obviously had a few beers in them but bad mannered at the BK/food desk.

Completely different to the south Armagh, south Derry and east Tyrone people.

Armagh18

Quote from: marty34 on June 13, 2022, 12:06:48 AM
Quote from: ONeill on June 12, 2022, 10:57:49 PM

I remember stopping in Applegreen on way back from Dublin one Sunday..

I think Armagh were playing Meath in Navan.

Some mad Lurgan ones in it - very loud and loutish. Obviously had a few beers in them but bad mannered at the BK/food desk.

Completely different to the south Armagh, south Derry and east Tyrone people.
Any further North than about Newtown- consider them from a different county tbh.

JoeSoap

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 12, 2022, 11:20:24 PM
Another blow in judging on his no of posts. Must be a Armagh Band wagoner, our own county picked up about 15k last outing. On a serious note, outside of Dublin, supporters tending not to boo opposite players too often, times change, not necessarily for the better. Just think it'd a total lack of respect for players who put in alot of time to a amateur sport. As for Donegal, Bonner taking all the hits for the team. I think alot of players have let him down performance wise.

Without a doubt but at the end of the day, Bonner keeps picking them. Everyone in Donegal knows there have been underperforming players this year, it seems harder to get dropped than anything else in Donegal.

So while Bonner has done loads of great work in Donegal football over the years, there's no doubt it's gotten stale and this year has been a disaster with how it's ended up. If the players had performed and we went down fighting, that's one thing, but the fact they were so so poor in that 2nd half says as much about the management as it does about the players themselves to be honest.

trailer

Armagh fans are the worst. Like the English. Widely hated. Fuelled on Buckfast and God knows what else. Was scundered for them invading the pitch.

tonto1888

Quote from: trailer on June 13, 2022, 09:38:32 AM
Armagh fans are the worst. Like the English. Widely hated. Fuelled on Buckfast and God knows what else. Was scundered for them invading the pitch.

Says a Tyrone man

Armagh18

. A load of kids running on to get photos and autographs with their idols? Yeah disgraceful...

balladmaker

My young fella ran onto the pitch to try and get a few selfies ... I went after him to make sure he didn't get lost ... I can confirm neither of us were 'fuelled on buckfast'.

yellowcard

Very bitter post. When you say widely hated what you really mean is hated in Tyrone. Which I would take as a massive complement. 

trailer

Ok I didn't mean to be so bitter.
Congratulations to Armagh, All Ireland Qualifier Champions 2022. Well done to Geezer and the boys. Is there a homecoming?

imtommygunn

Who would you rate lower? Armagh fans or Jurgen Klopp?