Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man Marker

All  good players, but with 50% of your forward line that small for intercounty level there will be no sliver ware

Under Lights

Quote from: Man Marker on September 01, 2022, 02:35:43 PM
All  good players, but with 50% of your forward line that small for intercounty level there will be no sliver ware

You're right need to get Michael O'Neill in there

Forward line from winning All Ireland team, in terms of big men not much difference.

10 Conor Meyler

11 Michael O'Neill

12 Niall Sludden

13 Darren McCurry

14 Matthew Donnelly

15 Conor McKenna

trailer

Quote from: Under Lights on September 01, 2022, 02:24:13 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 29, 2022, 10:29:29 AM
Quote from: TheModernGame on August 29, 2022, 09:57:54 AM
McKenna gone. McShane struggling for form. M Donnelly best years behind him. No Bradley, no Brennan, no Donaghy, no O'Neill.

You have to be honest and say it will take one hell of a job by Logan and Dooher to keep Tyrone in Division one next year.

Dooher and logan need some time to rebuild. 2021 was not consistent with where we actually are. Few of the established players are in the final years of their career and it will take time for new players to put their mark.

Too much being put into brennan, o'neill and Bradley leaving. All 3 of them hardly played in 2021 and even in 2020 they didn't feature much.

Bring in a few of the u21 and let them get some game time.

If we stay in Division 1 next year and reach a ulster final I would say it would be a success.

10. Meyler
11. Canavan
12. Canavan
13. Dazzler
14. Donnelly
15. McShane

GLOT

Big year for him. Needs to deliver on his promise.

JimStynes

Quote from: Eire90 on August 30, 2022, 06:34:47 PM
maybe hes done  fir financial reasons

Exactly! I could give you a couple of hundred thousand reasons why he's away back. He's been a pro football from he was about 18! Maybe he realised how good he had it and that the real world novelty wore off pretty quick! Good luck to him but I can't see him making as big an impact as he did before.

TyroneClubs

Quote from: trailer on September 01, 2022, 04:52:50 PM
McKenna gone. McShane struggling for form. M Donnelly best years behind him. No Bradley, no Brennan, no Donaghy, no O'Neill.

You have to be honest and say it will take one hell of a job by Logan and Dooher to keep Tyrone in Division one next year.

Dooher and logan need some time to rebuild. 2021 was not consistent with where we actually are. Few of the established players are in the final years of their career and it will take time for new players to put their mark.

Too much being put into brennan, o'neill and Bradley leaving. All 3 of them hardly played in 2021 and even in 2020 they didn't feature much.

If we stay in Division 1 next year and reach a ulster final I would say it would be a success.

10. Meyler
11. Canavan
12. Canavan
13. Dazzler
14. Donnelly
15. McShane

GLOT

What is this promise? Came back after a horrific injury that he was lucky to get back playing at any level to score a goal in the semi and final in last years great year. Struggled for form this year but we could say that about 80% of team. Tyrone fans are getting more and more fickle when it comes to players - mickey O'Neill, McKenna, McShane to name a few!

tyrone08

Quote from: TyroneClubs on September 01, 2022, 09:25:28 PM

10. Meyler
11. Canavan
12. Canavan
13. Dazzler
14. Donnelly
15. McShane

GLOT

What is this promise? Came back after a horrific injury that he was lucky to get back playing at any level to score a goal in the semi and final in last years great year. Struggled for form this year but we could say that about 80% of team. Tyrone fans are getting more and more fickle when it comes to players - mickey O'Neill, McKenna, McShane to name a few!

McShane got a huge package to stay. The injury was 2 years ago. 2021 we saw glimpses. 2022 was non existance same for alot of player Let's put it simply he needs to warrant that package.

I don't believe it's fickle at all. Some players got a lot handed to them and tyrone bent over backwards to help them. You either are fully committed or not at all in my opinion.

Under Lights

https://www.facebook.com/607517496033685/posts/pfbid0H1QKjqFTWhxh3Gsh3suxH2LZevhFcNo55LsgjMrVRz7Fs2NkNj97TBHHGkzgv9JRl/?sfnsn=scwspmo

"I have no problem training but I have to work on recovery, my sleep and being accountable with it. I think people know these things but it's about making it a habit and implementing it at least 90% of the time. I have my meditation. Cold baths, stretching, nasal breathing. You know if you do it most of the time you're in a good place. Before bed I do a bit of reading and stretching. I'd have a cold bath or shower and have the windows open to drop the temperature in the room to help me relax a bit easier. I'd have no screens. I would meditate to help me switch off every night and I tape my mouth, for nasal breathing. To try and regulate your heart rate in pressure situations. There were days during the championship season when my resting heart rate was 35bpm, my average was 37. As a teacher during the summer I could afford eight hours of sleep at least, and during the day I was a lot more relaxed. The week leading up to the AIl-Ireland final, my recovery was in the yellow on my Whoop, it was just okay and I remember thinking it was because of nervous energy and stress and excitement as it wasn't because of any extra training we were doing. But on the Friday night it was 98%. So I'd a deadly sleep. My resting heart rate was 36."
-Conor Meyler

trailer

Quote from: tyrone08 on September 01, 2022, 09:34:20 PM

10. Meyler
11. Canavan
12. Canavan
13. Dazzler
14. Donnelly
15. McShane

GLOT

McShane got a huge package to stay. The injury was 2 years ago. 2021 we saw glimpses. 2022 was non existance same for alot of player Let's put it simply he needs to warrant that package.

I don't believe it's fickle at all. Some players got a lot handed to them and tyrone bent over backwards to help them. You either are fully committed or not at all in my opinion.

Well put. Tyrone have done loads to help him. He now needs to step up and become a focal point for the team.

An Watcher

In fairness to the fella I'm sure he's trying hard.  Some people don't have injuries and their form has slumped.  Giving someone a job is no guarantee that they'll be a superstar.  It was an incentive to stay and play for Tyrone.  If his form tails off after that then so be it

trueblue1234

Forget about entitled players, We now have entitled fans as well from the look of things.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

GaelTheGael

10. Meyler
11. Canavan
12. Canavan
13. Dazzler
14. Donnelly
15. McShane

GLOT
10. Meyler
11. D Canavan
12. N Sludden
13. McCurry
14. M Donnelly
15. R Canavan
Get our two best finishers in together off Mattie who is still our best option as target man.

Norf Tyrone

10. Meyler
11. Canavan
12. Canavan
13. Dazzler
14. Donnelly
15. McShane

GLOT

What makes your think he is not fully committed?

Is the fact that he has returned from a serious injury to get an All Star nomination, score in an AI semi final and final, not a good indicator of his commitment?

His commitment can't be questioned.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

tyrone08

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 02, 2022, 12:15:46 PM

10. Meyler
11. Canavan
12. Canavan
13. Dazzler
14. Donnelly
15. McShane

GLOT

What makes your think he is not fully committed?

Is the fact that he has returned from a serious injury to get an All Star nomination, score in an AI semi final and final, not a good indicator of his commitment?

His commitment can't be questioned.

The commitment comment wasn't aimed at mcshane. It was more of a general statement for all players. Either commit fully or not at all. Same goes for players walking away mid season.

WT4E

Quote from: Under Lights on September 01, 2022, 09:53:33 PM
https://www.facebook.com/607517496033685/posts/pfbid0H1QKjqFTWhxh3Gsh3suxH2LZevhFcNo55LsgjMrVRz7Fs2NkNj97TBHHGkzgv9JRl/?sfnsn=scwspmo

"I have no problem training but I have to work on recovery, my sleep and being accountable with it. I think people know these things but it's about making it a habit and implementing it at least 90% of the time. I have my meditation. Cold baths, stretching, nasal breathing. You know if you do it most of the time you're in a good place. Before bed I do a bit of reading and stretching. I'd have a cold bath or shower and have the windows open to drop the temperature in the room to help me relax a bit easier. I'd have no screens. I would meditate to help me switch off every night and I tape my mouth, for nasal breathing. To try and regulate your heart rate in pressure situations. There were days during the championship season when my resting heart rate was 35bpm, my average was 37. As a teacher during the summer I could afford eight hours of sleep at least, and during the day I was a lot more relaxed. The week leading up to the AIl-Ireland final, my recovery was in the yellow on my Whoop, it was just okay and I remember thinking it was because of nervous energy and stress and excitement as it wasn't because of any extra training we were doing. But on the Friday night it was 98%. So I'd a deadly sleep. My resting heart rate was 36."
-Conor Meyler

I tell you what would help me sleep.... reading that f**king tripe there!

inroundthesquare

Last year's panel of 45 (ages they will be at start of 2023)

32 - Peter Harte, Mattie Donnelly
31 - Niall Morgan, Darragh McAnenly, Ronan McNamee
30 - Niall Sludden, Richie Donnelly, Padraig McNulty

29 - Darren McCurry, Johnny Munroe
28 - Padraig Hampsey, Rory Brennan, Kieran McGeary, Conor Meyler
27 - Frank Burns, Cathal McShane, Sean Loughran

26 - Michael O'Neill, Ben McDonnell, Conor McKenna, Niall Kelly
25 - Michael McKernan, Conn Kilpatrick, Liam Rafferty, Nathan Donnelly, Ryan Coleman, Peter Teague
24 - Brian Kennedy, Conor Shields, Ryan McCusker, Emmett McNabb

23 - Liam Nugent
22 - Darragh Canavan, Cormac Munroe, Conor Quinn, Michael Conroy, Lorcan Quinn, Matthew Murnaghan, Joe Oguz
21 - Cormac Quinn, Rory Donnelly

20 - Niall Devlin, Steve Donaghy, Michael McGleenan
19 - Ruairi Canavan