Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam03/05

Decent contribution in 2021 in big moments
Contributed nothing in 2022

A bit of a loss to the squad but not monumental 

Under Lights

Yet another player walks away from Logan and Dooher though.

From team talk below

QuoteIt is certainly not the news that all involved with Tyrone GAA want to hear and it's another forward who will depart from that all conquering 2021 squad. Paul Donaghy, Lee Brennan, Ronan O'Neill and Mark Bradley all departed prior to the start of this season and ironically they are the four leading marksmen at the moment in a very competitive Division One within the County.

Walter Cronc

From the outside I always thought he looked a bit unfit/not well conditioned playing GAA. There were rumours (could be balls) that he wasn't a great trainer either. You'd wonder how that works with professional sport. Good luck to him!

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 28, 2022, 10:21:30 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on August 28, 2022, 10:14:14 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 28, 2022, 10:09:37 PM
Quote from: toby47 on August 28, 2022, 10:03:57 PM
McKenna back to Oz.

Seems like he hasnt a clue what he wants. Spent years in afl complaining about being home sick now he wants to go back. He never was committed to tyrone so better off in the long run without him

Harsh, he was only a child when he first went to oz. Probably always felt like he was missing out back home, now that he has had 2 years he has realised that he enjoyed oz better and the opportunity is still there for him so why not.

Wouldn't say its harsh at all. Always talking in the media about how he didn't like oz while still under contract. Came home then started talking about how horses is his passion and gaelic football isn't.

He must be about 26-27now, time to pick something and stick with it.

Would bet on it after a few years back in oz he will be in the media again saying he doesn't like it.

I'd say he'll take your advice on board alright.

I get it's a discussion board but jeez there's some bitter men on here. It's his life he'll do what he wants. And no I don't know the lad from Adam. He owes nobody anything. His passes at key times during our 2021 AI win were pivotal to Tyrone being crowned champions for a 4th time.

tyrone08

Quote from: Under Lights on August 29, 2022, 06:14:10 AM
Yet another player walks away from Logan and Dooher though.

From team talk below

QuoteIt is certainly not the news that all involved with Tyrone GAA want to hear and it's another forward who will depart from that all conquering 2021 squad. Paul Donaghy, Lee Brennan, Ronan O'Neill and Mark Bradley all departed prior to the start of this season and ironically they are the four leading marksmen at the moment in a very competitive Division One within the County.

Paul Donaghy had a fair amount of chances. Had one great game at the start then never really kicked on. Ronan has had more than enough chances under mickey harte. Lee while very skillful doesn't have what it takes at County level.

Mark Bradley is the only one I would take back out of all of them.

tyrone08

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on August 29, 2022, 08:15:36 AM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 28, 2022, 10:21:30 PM
McKenna back to Oz.

Seems like he hasnt a clue what he wants. Spent years in afl complaining about being home sick now he wants to go back. He never was committed to tyrone so better off in the long run without him

Harsh, he was only a child when he first went to oz. Probably always felt like he was missing out back home, now that he has had 2 years he has realised that he enjoyed oz better and the opportunity is still there for him so why not.

Wouldn't say its harsh at all. Always talking in the media about how he didn't like oz while still under contract. Came home then started talking about how horses is his passion and gaelic football isn't.

He must be about 26-27now, time to pick something and stick with it.

Would bet on it after a few years back in oz he will be in the media again saying he doesn't like it.

I'd say he'll take your advice on board alright.

I get it's a discussion board but jeez there's some bitter men on here. It's his life he'll do what he wants. And no I don't know the lad from Adam. He owes nobody anything. His passes at key times during our 2021 AI win were pivotal to Tyrone being crowned champions for a 4th time.

It's a discussion board. Not giving him any advice. Just pointing out the facts that he never seems settled in either oz or here. Its a fact that he was always complaining about either being in oz or at home.

No one is saying a bad word about the lad. Think you are being a bit sensitive.

Was crucial in winning the AI in 2021 but never was fully committed.

Good luck to him in the future but as I said I won't be suprised to hear him back again in a few years.

Under Lights

Not all those who wander are lost.

TheModernGame

McKenna gone. McShane struggling for form. M Donnelly best years behind him. No Bradley, no Brennan, no Donaghy, no O'Neill.

You have to be honest and say it will take one hell of a job by Logan and Dooher to keep Tyrone in Division one next year.

Tyrone Gaa

Good luck to Conor McKenna. He come home and won his all Ireland.

I'd say Donaghy could be tempted back into the Tyrone squad proving this year he is a score getter topping the ACL scoring charts. Saying that Ryan Coleman won that award last year and didn't get a sniff.

Could see some transition in the county squad over the next year or 2 as new players emerge.
Living the dream!!!

Under Lights

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on August 29, 2022, 10:04:30 AM
Good luck to Conor McKenna. He come home and won his all Ireland.

I'd say Donaghy could be tempted back into the Tyrone squad proving this year he is a score getter topping the ACL scoring charts. Saying that Ryan Coleman won that award last year and didn't get a sniff.

Could see some transition in the county squad over the next year or 2 as new players emerge.

The shop window is coming very soon.

tyrone08

Quote from: TheModernGame on August 29, 2022, 09:57:54 AM
McKenna gone. McShane struggling for form. M Donnelly best years behind him. No Bradley, no Brennan, no Donaghy, no O'Neill.

You have to be honest and say it will take one hell of a job by Logan and Dooher to keep Tyrone in Division one next year.

Dooher and logan need some time to rebuild. 2021 was not consistent with where we actually are. Few of the established players are in the final years of their career and it will take time for new players to put their mark.

Too much being put into brennan, o'neill and Bradley leaving. All 3 of them hardly played in 2021 and even in 2020 they didn't feature much.

Bring in a few of the u21 and let them get some game time.

If we stay in Division 1 next year and reach a ulster final I would say it would be a success.

WT4E

Is McKenna going back to the same club?

Stan

Eh? has been a great servant to club, county - at every level he played - and his club in OZ...good luck to him. Unreal criticism of one of our own. U

McKenna back to Oz.

Eire90

maybe hes done  fir financial reasons

Under Lights

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 29, 2022, 10:29:29 AM
Quote from: TheModernGame on August 29, 2022, 09:57:54 AM

Dooher and logan need some time to rebuild. 2021 was not consistent with where we actually are. Few of the established players are in the final years of their career and it will take time for new players to put their mark.

Too much being put into brennan, o'neill and Bradley leaving. All 3 of them hardly played in 2021 and even in 2020 they didn't feature much.

Bring in a few of the u21 and let them get some game time.

If we stay in Division 1 next year and reach a ulster final I would say it would be a success.

10. Meyler
11. Canavan
12. Canavan
13. Dazzler
14. Donnelly
15. McShane

GLOT