Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrotherMore6592

Yep, dingle a different story altogether, same with Bantry* if you're cork bound on the way back from Killarney. Much nicer

Killarney caters to the Americans' tune. The whole place tries to cram into JM Reidy's every night too

weareros

If you are in Dingle area, the Conor Pass drive from Cloghane side to Dingle or vice versa is great experience though scary for some. Mount Brandon, second highest peak in Kerry, is another climbing option. German planes crashed there during WW2, and the local restaurant in Cloghane has one of the engines on display outside. Slea Head drive outside dingle is another very scenic drive. Good restaurants in Dingle but the best food I had was from a takeaway called Reel Dingle Fish. Good god but the smoked haddock and chips was to die for.

Tatler Jack

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on July 03, 2022, 06:17:53 PM
Yep, dingle a different story altogether, same with bandon if you're cork bound on the way back from Killarney. Much nicer

Killarney caters to the Americans' tune. The whole place tries to cram into JM Reidy's every night too

Bandon on the way back from Killarney? Maybe you mean Macroom?

AustinPowers

Dingle great town. Slea Head drive fantastic. Great beaches, and great scenery. Climb the hill at end of peninsula for apparently great views. Coomenule beach, Gallarus beehive hut, blaskets centre. You could spend hours in Paidi's pub. Some great photos. Inch beach, great spot.

Maybe take a trip to Blaskets maybe from Dingle town?

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: Tatler Jack on July 03, 2022, 07:45:26 PM
Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on July 03, 2022, 06:17:53 PM
Yep, dingle a different story altogether, same with bandon if you're cork bound on the way back from Killarney. Much nicer

Bandon on the way back from Killarney? Maybe you mean Macroom?

My mistake, Bantry!

Tatler Jack

Quote from: AustinPowers on July 03, 2022, 08:29:02 PM
Dingle great town. Slea Head drive fantastic. Great beaches, and great scenery. Climb the hill at end of peninsula for apparently great views. Coomenule beach, Gallarus beehive hut, blaskets centre. You could spend hours in Paidi's pub. Some great photos. Inch beach, great spot.

Maybe take a trip to Blaskets maybe from Dingle town?

Indeed Austin Blaskets well worth a visit. Also the Blasket Visitor Centre has reopened after major improvements. You can easily spend a few hours there. Dingle and the surrounding areas have a lot to offer.

Thanks Brother. I was a bit confused and thought Bandon had relocated. Mind you Bandon is a place to pass by no matter where located.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

LC

Heading to Duinrell Eurocamp in the Netherlands at the start of August for the first time.  Any tips, advice do's, don'ts etc?

PMG1

Quote from: LC on July 04, 2022, 05:55:24 PM
Heading to Duinrell Eurocamp in the Netherlands at the start of August for the first time.  Any tips, advice do's, don'ts etc?
Don't win the 5 aside tournament with yourself and your mate and the 3 13/14 year old lads you have between yous as the crowd of 19 year old Budding Beckhams English lads you beat in the final don't take defeat too well. Well that's my experience anyway 🤛 It's a good spot, plenty on for the kids and the on-site theme park is good for them. Nothing exciting nearby nightlife wise but that probably not what your looking for anyway

LC

Cheers for that, long past the night club stage so sounds perfect, will give any wannabe Beckhams a wide berth......

tyrone08

Heading to westport in mayo in August. Any recommendations on things to do or where serves a good pint of guinness?

RedHand88

Quote from: tyrone08 on July 05, 2022, 10:09:18 AM
Heading to westport in mayo in August. Any recommendations on things to do or where serves a good pint of guinness?

Drive to Newport and rent bikes. Can cycle the whole way to Achill Island along some nice paths.

Rois

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 05, 2022, 10:13:51 AM

Drive to Newport and rent bikes. Can cycle the whole way to Achill Island along some nice paths.
We hired bikes in Westport, and they brought us in a minibus out to Achill and we could cycle back with a few pit stops on way.
If the weather's nice, get down to the quay area in the evening for sunset and a drink, hopefully the bar would have music on.

We might be going ourselves in August too. I love Westport.

Milltown Row2

Keen to get myself a camper van at some point..

Was looking at renting one for a few days as wife isn't convinced and renting one might change her mind. In fairness I'll be getting one regardless

The rate (peak time) is around £130 to over £230 a day based on size and comfort..

Expensive enough just to hire never mind buying
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AustinPowers

Take a trip to Clare Island.  I've always wanted to visit there. Don't really know why.  Probably the Saw Doctors' fault. If it's crap , I'd blame them