Three Hours of Sunlight Per Day Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2013

Started by drici, February 17, 2013, 05:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossfire

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2013, 08:34:08 PM
Quote from: general_lee on October 20, 2013, 08:10:19 PM
Would have had the Down final as a 50/50 game so not that big a shock, though I had fancied Burren myself, so fair play to Kilcoo.

Agree that it should be another formality for Cross but Kilcoo will probably pose a lot more problems than last time round; can't see Cross getting another 11 point lead.

As already mentioned Cross have the ability to rack up a big score in games very quickly. The key to competing with that is to limit their big scores during that dominance they always get in a game. Easier said that done, must be only a handfull of teams in Ireland that have actually beat this Cross team, who are they?

We were beat in Armagh by Pearse Ogs in 2009.

In Ulster by Errigal Ciaran in 97 and 02, Blayney in 2000, Enniskillen Gaels in 01, Loup in 03, and Bellaghy in 05,

In the All Ireland series by Portlaoise in 2005, St Vincents in 2008, Kilmacud Crokes in 2009, and St Brigids in 2013.

CD

That is an unbelievable record! We all know just how formidable Cross are but it's so impressive seeing it listed like that.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

armaghniac

QuoteThat is an unbelievable record! We all know just how formidable Cross are but it's so impressive seeing it listed like that.

It is two handfuls of teams all the same, in a mere 18 years.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

crossfire

Crossmaglens championship record since1996 is as follows.

Played  142.

Won      118.

Drew        13.

Lost          11.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: crossfire on October 26, 2013, 06:31:24 PM
Crossmaglens championship record since1996 is as follows.

Played  142.

Won      118.

Drew        13.

Lost          11.

Great and all as it is it is worthless today, all history, next week is all that counts.

armaghniac

QuoteGreat and all as it is it is worthless today, all history, next week is all that counts.

Except it should motivate Kilcoo. There should be good crowd at this.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: armaghniac on October 26, 2013, 07:33:59 PM
QuoteGreat and all as it is it is worthless today, all history, next week is all that counts.

Except it should motivate Kilcoo. There should be good crowd at this.

Kilcoo should need no motivation, they have 'unfinished business'.

tintin25

Was checking the odds on this weekends matches, nothing really standing out at the moment.

Orior

Quote from: crossfire on October 26, 2013, 06:31:24 PM
Crossmaglens championship record since 1996 is as follows.

Played  142.

Won      118.

Drew        13.

Lost          11.

And before 1996, were they all on active service?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

orangeman

Quote from: tintin25 on October 29, 2013, 12:50:47 PM
Was checking the odds on this weekends matches, nothing really standing out at the moment.

Ballinderry 4-11 Scotstown 11-4

Ballinderry are favourites surely but 11-4 looks very big for a team with the Hughes brothers on it.

Kernan_is_King

QuoteAnd before 1996, were they all on active service?

They needed Kernan power to ascend.
Big Joe - Big Future!

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Schkite

Quote from: orangeman on October 29, 2013, 01:28:32 PM
Quote from: tintin25 on October 29, 2013, 12:50:47 PM

Ballinderry 4-11 Scotstown 11-4

Ballinderry are favourites surely but 11-4 looks very big for a team with the Hughes brothers on it.

Didn't think the odds would be that short myself, but Ballinderry are big favourites no doubt. A much more experienced team at this level obviously, whereas Scotstown are after winning their first title in 20 years, it will be interesting to see if they can replicate their hunger from the Monaghan final. They'll need much bigger games from the Hughes's, neither were particularly great in the Monaghan final, and if they persist with the baffling tactic of Kieran Hughes at full-back they go nowhere, but I doubt they will.

BennyCake