Three Hours of Sunlight Per Day Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2013

Started by drici, February 17, 2013, 05:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Throw ball on February 15, 2014, 08:49:06 PM
Think the best team won. Ballinderry did not look as fit or sharp as Vincents. Thought Ryan Bell looked dangerous every time he got the ball, similarly Quinn for Vincents.

Watched both matches today. Although I thought Reilly made mistakes when his performance is put up against Duffys he is quite clearly a superior referee. Great viewing on TG 4 all the same.

Hard luck to Balinderry its awful hard losing semi finals and finals at this stage after 14-15 months training. Heart goes out to them. And I genuinely mean that

Expected more from Balinderry if I'm honest. Got the match ups and tactics all wrong which In can't believe considering their management team.

Game was over after 10 minutes really. After that we only had to keep the points ticking over. Balinderry were just too pourous at the back and had a serious lack of pace in some sectors which I was again surprised at.

Collie Devlin, Bell and Mc Kindless up front are class though. Derry could have a very tasty forward line this year. But they needed some of their class at the back.

Usual suspects turned up for us and a couple of our younger lads in Gav Burke, Concaar and Cameron Diamond showed up every well.

imtommygunn

INDIANA

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 15, 2014, 09:35:26 PM
There was a point in it at half time...

Gale force wind in the second half Tommy. Was a 5-6 point wind and were wasteful at times in the second half

imtommygunn

It was a bad start but after ballinderry's goal if they'd have pegged on a score or two it would have been squeaky bum time for vincents. Incidentally the next score was from a free that was never a free which just illustrated once again that duffy is a clown. (I hate slating refs to be honest but how this guy repeatedly gets big games is beyond me - i watch most as a neutral and generally him reffing ruins the game)

If either devlin had goaled who knows what might have happened but at key points in the game ballinderry didn't capitalise and best team won really.

INDIANA

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 15, 2014, 10:07:17 PM
It was a bad start but after ballinderry's goal if they'd have pegged on a score or two it would have been squeaky bum time for vincents. Incidentally the next score was from a free that was never a free which just illustrated once again that duffy is a clown. (I hate slating refs to be honest but how this guy repeatedly gets big games is beyond me - i watch most as a neutral and generally him reffing ruins the game)

If either devlin had goaled who knows what might have happened but at key points in the game ballinderry didn't capitalise and best team won really.

We had one point waved wide and Balinderry's "point" from Devlin's hit the crossbar attempt never went over the bar.

Duffy is one of the poorest referees in Ireland and today was no different.

ha ha derry

As a Derry man I was disappointed, looked like the Ballinderry management tried to win it from the line. Kevin MC Guckian at fullback was wrong he dictated midfield all year. Nevin should have been in there where he lorded all year. Sorry.