Three Hours of Sunlight Per Day Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2013

Started by drici, February 17, 2013, 05:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Makings of a good final. Personally am glad Ballinderry won today as I know a few from the area. I am also not fond of the way Kilcoo play football. Great to see a player like Murphy get to play a club final too. I assume Omagh would be sensible venue for final. May the best team win.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: J70 on November 17, 2013, 03:57:47 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 17, 2013, 03:48:56 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 17, 2013, 03:44:54 PM
3-9 2-7

6 minutes to go in Omagh.

who won the 1st game

Not sure what game you're referring to, but according to Highland, Donegal hammered Tyrone in the vocational schools final.

was foreglen and truagh not playing in IFC
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Don Johnson

RandyDupree

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 07, 2013, 08:50:40 PM
Will Ballinderry give the winners of the Cross / Kilcoo tie a real game? Hears they were poor against Scotstown, although they look very impressive on paper.

Glenswilly must be quietly fancying their chances of winning this outright too if all the heavyweights wear each other out...

haranguerer

Quote from: Throw ball on November 17, 2013, 03:59:18 PM
Makings of a good final. Personally am glad Ballinderry won today as I know a few from the area. I am also not fond of the way Kilcoo play football. Great to see a player like Murphy get to play a club finyal too. I assume Omagh would be sensible venue for final. May the best team win.

Not fond of the way kilcoo play football? Against cross they scored one of the best team goals I've ever seen, working it up from the 21 at speed with about 20 passes before it was buried. What kind of football do you like?

Stevie Nicks

Well done Ballinderry, better team won. A game too far for Kilcoo this year but have entertained us for 3 weeks in a row, back to back county titles and involved in 2 of the best club games i have been at.
ballinderry played super football in first half but fell into the trap of pulling 12/13 men behind ball and at a stage kilcoo got within 3points but they seen it out. Poor challenge by mcguckian which could see him miss final but think they have enough to win ulster

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Stevie Nicks on November 17, 2013, 06:10:32 PM
Well done Ballinderry, better team won. A game too far for Kilcoo this year but have entertained us for 3 weeks in a row, back to back county titles and involved in 2 of the best club games i have been at.
ballinderry played super football in first half but fell into the trap of pulling 12/13 men behind ball and at a stage kilcoo got within 3points but they seen it out. Poor challenge by mcguckian which could see him miss final but think they have enough to win ulster

not a chance - sure the way the thing is set up at the minute no-one misses big games now  - even if they murdered somebody on the pitch they would be out on bail for the next match.

Not any clubs fault - just like Sean cavanaghs rugby tackle they are only playing by the rules. If they can appeal and get him off then fair enough
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 17, 2013, 06:26:28 PM
Quote from: Stevie Nicks on November 17, 2013, 06:10:32 PM

not a chance - sure the way the thing is set up at the minute no-one misses big games now  - even if they murdered somebody on the pitch they would be out on bail for the next match.

Not any clubs fault - just like Sean cavanaghs rugby tackle they are only playing by the rules. If they can appeal and get him off then fair enough

I didnt think there was much in it. He did push Johnston away and connected with his face in doing so. Johnston was up and grand, heard the uproar from the stand and went down clutching his face.
Higgins did not have a good afternoon.

drici

Wildweasel74

Higgins had a shocker, too many players bad mouthing and pushing players then lying down if lee harvey Oswald was taking pot shots from the stand, terrible stuff, The McGuckin Incident was very little, the player didnt even go down, hear the roar from the crowd , looked over at the lineman then went down, the soccer disease has truly took to the Gaelic, Ballinderry dominated at midfield and probably should have had the ball in the net twice before they actually did. Were winning handy enough until the senting off. Enda Muldoon coming on steadied the ship again, its a pity hes 36, its the only reason why he doesnt start.Had it stayed 15 on 15 Ballinderry would have won handy. Ballinderry played 10 times better the day than against Scotstown.

sammymaguire

Quote from: RandyDupree on November 17, 2013, 05:29:04 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on November 07, 2013, 08:50:40 PM
Will Ballinderry give the winners of the Cross / Kilcoo tie a real game? Hears they were poor against Scotstown, although they look very impressive on paper.

Glenswilly must be quietly fancying their chances of winning this outright too if all the heavyweights wear each other out...

Fair play to both clubs who will contest this years Ulster club final - should be a good game. Ballinderry slight favourites now?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Wildweasel74

This game wasnt even rough but 4 men sent the line, go figure. This guy makes the duffys from sligo look like class acts

Hungry Exile

Fair play to Ballinderry today - over the 60 minutes they looked the hungrier. Can they repeat it against Glenswilly?

When it was 15 v 15 Kilcoo looked tired, they were second to most 50/50 battles  - the physical & mental tussle against Cross definitely had an impact.
Even at 15 v 14 Ballinderry looked the stronger
15 v 13 it was an even game!!

The ref didn't have his finest hour, but to be honest he sent McGuckin off on the report of the Linesman, Scott was a 2nd yellow so can have little complaints.  I didn't see why he sent off Johnston or Greenan.
What annoyed me from the ref was his inconsistency, he tried to book players at the start to set down his mark, but then allowed worse actions to go unchallenged later in the game.

The final will be very interesting, Donegal teams have had a bit of a voodoo over Derry in recent years and with Gallagher & Murphy they will certainly fancy their chances.

Great to see Raymond Wilkinson back out, back playing in the Semi final of an Ulster in the same season as doing your cruciate is some achievement