Three Hours of Sunlight Per Day Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2013

Started by drici, February 17, 2013, 05:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

These are serious odds
Roslea are a good team and have 2 serious weapons in the Quigley brothers
They are well organised and were winning comfortably last week until they took there foot of the gas.
Glenswilly must be some outfit.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Milltown Row2

Quote from: FermGael on November 12, 2013, 10:19:41 PM
These are serious odds
They are well organised and were winning comfortably last week until they took there foot of the gas.
[/b]

They aren't, though the Fermanagh teams haven't been great since the great Gaels team a few years ago. We beat Tempo real handy last time out so the bookies are probably looking at that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rodney trotter

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2013, 09:49:17 AM
These are serious odds
[/b]

They aren't, though the Fermanagh teams haven't been great since the great Gaels team a few years ago. We beat Tempo real handy last time out so the bookies are probably looking at that

Roslea have been competitive every time they have been in Ulster Club. Narrowly losing to Burren and Coalisland in the past. Those odds are Ott. Did Galls not get a great start against Tempo last year and after that Tempo came into the game

I would still fancy Glenswilly

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 13, 2013, 10:13:19 AM
These are serious odds
[/b]

Roslea have been competitive every time they have been in Ulster Club. Narrowly losing to Burren and Coalisland in the past. Those odds are Ott. Did Galls not get a great start against Tempo last year and after that Tempo came into the game

We got a good start and Tempo, never lifted the 'Tempo' the whole game in fairness, we probably played in first gear if truth be told. Poor game. Think Tempo were still partying
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ultán

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2013, 10:35:34 AM
These are serious odds
[/b]

We got a good start and Tempo, never lifted the 'Tempo' the whole game in fairness, we probably played in first gear if truth be told. Poor game. Think Tempo were still partying

I think Roslea will give Glenswilly a serious test. Sherry and Cosgrove are going to be very important to them. If they can edge the midfield battle Roslea are in with a shout.

Feckitt

armaghniac

QuoteWhat kind of attendance is expected in Armagh on Sunday?

A rougher and more uncouth kind of attendee than is usually found in Armagh, I imagine.
But a fair few of them, owing to the lack of TV.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: armaghniac on November 15, 2013, 02:28:53 PM
QuoteWhat kind of attendance is expected in Armagh on Sunday?

A rougher and more uncouth kind of attendee than is usually found in Armagh, I imagine.
But a fair few of them, owing to the lack of TV.

not possible, even if Linfield were playing Glasgow Rangers !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Ultán on November 15, 2013, 12:53:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2013, 10:35:34 AM
These are serious odds
[/b]

I think Roslea will give Glenswilly a serious test. Sherry and Cosgrove are going to be very important to them. If they can edge the midfield battle Roslea are in with a shout.

Against us Glenswilly won a lot of ball in midfield, they found Gallagher with every kick I think. Stop that then it could be the winning of the game

general_lee

Any team that beats St Gall's is a genuine contender. I know St Gall's aren't quite at the same level they were at a few years back but I just fancy Glenswilly to edge this one. Roslea look a good outfit though so would expect a tight affair, 1/2 points in it. Glenswilly can probably bottle up the threat of the Quigley's to an extent, but do Roslea have someone to quell Murphy?

Kilcoo/Ballinderry is a toss up. What do Kilcoo take from the Cross games? That they beat the best club side ever and reigning provincial champions; or did they scrape by a team that lacked any scoring threat and that had been decimated by injuries/absentees from it's normal line up? I'd lean towards the latter. Either way again only 1/2 points will be in it. Think it's time this Ballinderry team stepped up to the plate.

SHEEDY

best of luck to kilcoo tomorrow. hopefully the kilcoo lads can dig deep again and grab the chance of a 2nd ulster final in a row. this opportunity doesn't come around to often so hopefully they can do the business for themselves and down football.
nil satis nisi optimum

J OGorman

Shamrocks to beat the Klan by 2
Swilly to beat Roslea by 3

Put yer grannys house on it :-)

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: SHEEDY on November 16, 2013, 06:57:26 PM
best of luck to kilcoo tomorrow. hopefully the kilcoo lads can dig deep again and grab the chance of a 2nd ulster final in a row. this opportunity doesn't come around to often so hopefully they can do the business for themselves and down football.

Wouldn't it be nice for all the teams to have a level playing field in this competition. Ballinderry have had two weeks to prepare for this game whist Kilcoo one week, never mind the exertions, similar to how Ballinderry had all the time to prepare to play for Clonoe.