Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: T Fearon on August 27, 2017, 08:45:22 PM
Mickey's time is up.New thinking required.

Rubbish. 3 semis in 5 years and beat today by the best. Many other counties would give their right nut to have harte.

The Trap

Just as an aside doesn't the fact that the majority of Dublin supporters thougth lowndes was Connolly highlight the fact that the majority of people who go to county football are not real gaa enthusiast who probably never go to a club game.

punt kick

Quote from: The Trap on August 27, 2017, 09:48:53 PM
Just as an aside doesn't the fact that the majority of Dublin supporters thougth lowndes was Connolly highlight the fact that the majority of people who go to county football are not real gaa enthusiast who probably never go to a club game.

Leave them alone I thought Colm Cavanagh was Bruce Lee.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 27, 2017, 07:32:54 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 27, 2017, 07:23:27 PM
A lot of teams are physically conditioned to take big hits but they fall down in the athleticism stakes. Dublin can take the hits and have mobiity everywhere. To be fair mayo have that in quite a few players too - higgins, boyle, keegan and doherty in the corner. Tyrone don't have that at all.

Even the not obviously big Dubs can really plough on and take a hit without losing speed. Obviously then you have the likes of McCarthy who is a beast to stop.
Mayo would have plenty to find the gaps and are deceptively strong too.

Tyrone didn´t even commit to breaking the tackles and running straight to draw a foul or get through...that´s the worst thing.

Imagine what Tyrone players must be thinking now after going out with no real conviction.

When mannion emptied mattie donnelly in a fair tackle you knew there was trouble. Donnelly would be tyrone's most conditioned player and mannion a speedster not renowned for his strength and even he was up there physically with the biggest tyrone guys.

RedHand88

Tyrone ones all round us were looking round in bewilderment wondering what it was about. Connolly was still sitting.

punt kick

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 27, 2017, 09:57:29 PM

Tyrone ones all round us were looking round in bewilderment wondering what it was about. Connolly was still sitting.

They looked in bewilderment from ten past four.

charlieTully

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 27, 2017, 09:47:56 PM

Rubbish. 3 semis in 5 years and beat today by the best. Many other counties would give their right nut to have harte.

Is all that innuendo deliberate?

punt kick

Quote from: charlieTully on August 27, 2017, 10:02:00 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 27, 2017, 09:47:56 PM

Is all that innuendo deliberate?

They have form lol

Ringfort

And to think that the reason Dublin have been allowed to make Croke park their permanent ground is to accommodate these fools who belong on a barstool.

The ole ole craic when keeping possession, the Brit style terrace singing..... Silly bolixes.

theskull1

Quote from: Ringfort on August 27, 2017, 09:24:14 PM
I thought as a neutral it was shocking to watch. I can't stand this possession recycling stuff. Watching fellas boom over points with unerring accuracy doesn't thrill me either. I'd sooner a blood n guts club game, 1-9 to 0-12 type stuff with a healthy mix of the ridiculous and the sublime. The Dubs bore the fuckin life out of me. Fair play to them and all that. But f**k them. Making a balls of the championship since they went pro.

Pretty much this. Its not for the neutral this stuff
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Whishtup

It's all well blaming a system when a team plays poorly.  In that first half, some of our top performers didn't perform, even when there was no pressure on.  They looked like the occasion got to them-mis-placed passes and kicks that they had previously been executing with their eyes closed. Dublin won the battle of nerves.  Every mistake was punished in the first fifteen minutes and the game was over.  Momentum favours the team in front so we will never know how Tyrone would have fared had they not made those mistakes.  That's what's disappointing. 

Dublin are forcing teams to play on their terms for half of the game, retreating for 15 minutes of the second half and then hitting the other team on the break to close out the game. 

Tyrone have given us a lot of excitement this year and will be back again-some great young talent on the bench that never got a sniff and if the likes of Conor McKenna at Essendon decides to return in a year or too, it would be some boost.  Future bright, as U17's showed and Derry did Ulster football proud too. 

Fuzzman

Anyone know where Peter Donnelly was today?

Itchy

Quote from: theskull1 on August 27, 2017, 10:05:52 PM
Quote from: Ringfort on August 27, 2017, 09:24:14 PM
I thought as a neutral it was shocking to watch. I can't stand this possession recycling stuff. Watching fellas boom over points with unerring accuracy doesn't thrill me either. I'd sooner a blood n guts club game, 1-9 to 0-12 type stuff with a healthy mix of the ridiculous and the sublime. The Dubs bore the fuckin life out of me. Fair play to them and all that. But f**k them. Making a balls of the championship since they went pro.

Pretty much this. Its not for the neutral this stuff

What should a team do when confronted with 15 men inside their own 45. Sure let the blanket defense teams come out and press and then there is no need for Dublin or anyone to play the ball around. You can't blame the dubs for this.

Wildweasel74

Dublin are where they are cause they currently have the best set of forwards and 2nd best set of defenders, midfield have improved as McCarthy has got used to midfield, then take in they are fitter than most, more professional and obliviously more money put them apart, but blaming the money on why thy are so far ahead is wrong, they have special -players and that why they are where they are.

SkillfulBill

Firstly congrats to the Dubs today not only a magnificent footballing side but some of the best supporters in the business...

I am almost glad that Tyrone and more so mickeys system has taking an unmercifull tanking. I hope that this is the final nail in the coffin.  I have followed Tyrone for over 35 years now. This is a county which could always produce some of the greatest talents of the game. It is the county that produced Iggy Jones Frankie Donnelly Frank McGuigan Peter Canavan Stephen O Neill. Players of the highest calibre.  The cancer which inflicts this county is the negative rubbish that is fostered in Garvaghy over the last 10 years. Young players on development squads are prevented from playing attacking football instead encourage to play the % system. Our senior teams ape the dross played at county level and you have great clubs like Carmen Ardboe Dromore Killycloghrr and Errigal playing the same defensive systems that make our games unwatchable. I really hope that there is a root and branch review of the direction that this county is being dragged down and the required changes made before we are left with nothing but robot's.