Oscars

Started by Niall Quinn, February 22, 2008, 06:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 13, 2023, 07:29:42 AM
Banshees of Inisherin went home empty handed after receiving 9 nominations. It wasn't a great movie to be fair.

Kerry Condon should have got one for her performance was better than the winner Jamie Lee Curtis however the latter would have more of a pull in Hollywood.

As expected Everything Everywhere All at Once cleaned up with 7 Oscars including shorty from Indiana Jones.

AustinPowers

Hollywood and  the whole  film industry is a disgusting cesspit.  I,  and Hugh grant clearly, have no time for all this pompous  self-important, back slapping nonsense.  Ricky Gervais was correct saying what he did about it all.  Actors and actresses standing up pontificating about this rights and that rights.  As Ricky said, "just f**k off!". Nobody wants to hear your bullsh1t  speech

The number  of Oscars a  film wins  does not influence whether     I will watch it or not.

From the Bunker

Quote from: AustinPowers on March 13, 2023, 05:56:41 PM
Hollywood and  the whole  film industry is a disgusting cesspit.  I,  and Hugh grant clearly, have no time for all this pompous  self-important, back slapping nonsense.  Ricky Gervais was correct saying what he did about it all.  Actors and actresses standing up pontificating about this rights and that rights.  As Ricky said, "just f**k off!". Nobody wants to hear your bullsh1t  speech

The number  of Oscars a  film wins  does not influence whether     I will watch it or not.

But it does influence a lot of other things.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: AustinPowers on March 13, 2023, 05:56:41 PMI,  and Hugh grant clearly, have no time for all this pompous  self-important, back slapping nonsense. 

Why did he bother going then?

Gmac

16m viewers in the US down from 43m in 2014  people are tired of these phonies lecturing them.
Best thing to do is turn it off

J70

Quote from: Gmac on March 14, 2023, 07:44:52 PM
16m viewers in the US down from 43m in 2014  people are tired of these phonies lecturing them.

Speaking of lectures from phonies, been watching much Tucker, Sean or Laura lately?

Orior

An Irish Goodbye is very good.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on March 14, 2023, 10:04:28 PM
Quote from: Gmac on March 14, 2023, 07:44:52 PM

Speaking of lectures from phonies, been watching much Tucker, Sean or Laura lately?
keep on topic please

shawshank

Quote from: Orior on March 14, 2023, 10:06:48 PM
An Irish Goodbye is very good.

Seriously enjoyable and funny. Very engaging