Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpen

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 31, 2024, 07:57:20 PMWith those odds and Liverpools run in, it's Liverpools to lose  :D
Looked at their fixtures and they still have Man United away, Everton away, Villa away and Spurs at home. None of them are easy games.
Long way to go in the title race yet.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 31, 2024, 07:57:20 PMWith those odds and Liverpools run in, it's Liverpools to lose  :D
Even jcpen knows that now at this stage.  To quote Steven Gerrard 'we do not let this slip'

jcpen

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 31, 2024, 08:07:23 PM
Even jcpen knows that now at this stage.  To quote Steven Gerrard 'we do not let this slip'
It's hilarious that you have made the same post every week now just so if they don't win it you can say they bottled it.
I've never seen someone put in so much groundwork just so they can make one post at the end  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: jcpen on March 31, 2024, 08:05:19 PM
Looked at their fixtures and they still have Man United away, Everton away, Villa away and Spurs at home. None of them are easy games.
Long way to go in the title race yet.

Spurs? Lol

Utd would have let it 20 goals had they played today against Liverpool,
Everton are bottom, for a reason
Villa might give you a game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

jcpen

Spurs still going for Top 4, same with Villa those are two hard games for Liverpool.
Man United and Everton form goes out the window in those games and both will want to stop Liverpool winning the league more than anything and will up their game massively.
If Liverpool get 4 wins from those 4 games I'll be surprised.

An Watcher

Wasted 2 hours of my life watching 2 supposed top teams going at it.  Tripe of the highest order. 

RedHand88

Quote from: An Watcher on March 31, 2024, 08:35:00 PMWasted 2 hours of my life watching 2 supposed top teams going at it.  Tripe of the highest order. 

This is why Klopp leaving is terrible for the league in general. He always went out to win these games. If we lost, so be it.

Jell 0 Biafra

Can't see how you'd class Spurs at Anfield as a difficult game.  Must be one of the most lopsided fixtures in England.

blasmere

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on March 31, 2024, 10:41:18 PMCan't see how you'd class Spurs at Anfield as a difficult game.  Must be one of the most lopsided fixtures in England.

Didn't a draw against Spurs at Anfield cost the scousers the title a few years ago?
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

Wee Barky

Anyone who watched the arsenal city game today over the league final needs to give their heads a shake.

Caitlin

The best bit of yesterday for Liverpool fans was seeing Guardiola trying to humiliate Grealish. Pep has every right to manage as he sees fit but that was a show for the cameras, and was about power and control rather than instruction. Maybe there's some underlying resentment about his fee or his behaviour after winning the European Cup, but this was pathetic from the Spaniard. Grealish is a brilliant player and while I was disappointed he chose England, he had every right to, and he seems like a decent lad. For his self-respect he should leave- unless Pep beats him to it.

tonto1888

Quote from: Caitlin on April 01, 2024, 08:51:15 AMThe best bit of yesterday for Liverpool fans was seeing Guardiola trying to humiliate Grealish. Pep has every right to manage as he sees fit but that was a show for the cameras, and was about power and control rather than instruction. Maybe there's some underlying resentment about his fee or his behaviour after winning the European Cup, but this was pathetic from the Spaniard. Grealish is a brilliant player and while I was disappointed he chose England, he had every right to, and he seems like a decent lad. For his self-respect he should leave- unless Pep beats him to it.

What happened

From the Bunker

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 01, 2024, 10:26:44 AM
Quote from: Caitlin on April 01, 2024, 08:51:15 AMThe best bit of yesterday for Liverpool fans was seeing Guardiola trying to humiliate Grealish. Pep has every right to manage as he sees fit but that was a show for the cameras, and was about power and control rather than instruction. Maybe there's some underlying resentment about his fee or his behaviour after winning the European Cup, but this was pathetic from the Spaniard. Grealish is a brilliant player and while I was disappointed he chose England, he had every right to, and he seems like a decent lad. For his self-respect he should leave- unless Pep beats him to it.

What happened

Pep gives Grealish a going over

thewobbler

What happened

A manager explained to a player what wasn't done correctly.

The subsequent huff puff just sums up the overwrought overblown nonsense that is the PL.

In Grealish's next game, if he plays well, there'll be an angle that it was a professional response to the dressing down. If he doesn't play well the angle will centre on Pep losing control of his players, chinks and armour and shit like that.

Same again for the next game.

By a fortnight's time nobody will remember it. Then if city don't win the title, some gobshites in the media will "reinvestigate" the angle and bring it up continually through the quiet summer months. Grealish is leaving City one way or another this summer regardless of yesterday - he's done it all there and his personality seems to be someone who'd who'd be happier as a big fish in a small pond - so more pretend fuels for pretend fires.

All f**king nonsense, every last bit of it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thewobbler on April 01, 2024, 11:09:49 AM

What happened

A manager explained to a player what wasn't done correctly.

The subsequent huff puff just sums up the overwrought overblown nonsense that is the PL.

In Grealish's next game, if he plays well, there'll be an angle that it was a professional response to the dressing down. If he doesn't play well the angle will centre on Pep losing control of his players, chinks and armour and shit like that.

Same again for the next game.

By a fortnight's time nobody will remember it. Then if city don't win the title, some gobshites in the media will "reinvestigate" the angle and bring it up continually through the quiet summer months. Grealish is leaving City one way or another this summer regardless of yesterday - he's done it all there and his personality seems to be someone who'd who'd be happier as a big fish in a small pond - so more pretend fuels for pretend fires.

All f**king nonsense, every last bit of it.

Exactly
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea