Polygamy

Started by Eamonnca1, February 26, 2015, 12:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

muppet

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 26, 2015, 12:30:21 AM
I say legalize it.

If your wife wants a second husband are you ok with that?
MWWSI 2017

Eamonnca1

Nope. But if another trio mutually agreed that they wanted a MWM combo then who am I to stop them?

muppet

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 26, 2015, 12:41:27 AM
Nope. But if another trio mutually agreed that they wanted a MWM combo then who am I to stop them?

Let's say you have two wives and one wants a divorce. Does she get a third of everything or half?
MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: muppet on February 26, 2015, 12:52:20 AM

Let's say you have two wives and one wants a divorce. Does she get a third of everything or half?

Those are just trivial details to be ironed out.

The issue is why consenting adults should or should not be allowed to marry more than one person.

Personally,  I haven't given it much thought either way.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: muppet on February 26, 2015, 12:52:20 AM

A third.

Jell 0 Biafra

Can all three stay in Hotel Fearon?

The Iceman

Equal rights for all!!! good on ye Eamonn! LBGT Polygamist marriages! Make me a sign someone there quick!
:P
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

foxcommander

Quote from: The Iceman on February 26, 2015, 02:09:33 AM
Equal rights for all!!! good on ye Eamonn! LBGT Polygamist marriages! Make me a sign someone there quick!
:P

Throw in a few illegal immigrants/"asylum seekers" into the mix....passports for all....
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

heganboy

I can't fathom it.
I can't think of one husband who says, you know what I need- another wife as well as this one.

Madness.

for that matter I also can't think of one wife who says, you know what I need- more husbands.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Eamonnca1

You should have a look around Oakland and Berkeley. Plenty of three-way couples living together there.

JUst retired

Two mother in laws. ARE YOU MAD?

deiseach

To what end? Marriages as permitted by the state are a useful off-the-shelf contract which clarifies things like inheritance rights and guardianship of children. What are the social benefits of codifying polygamous contracts?

Jeepers Creepers

Double the nagging!!!! One is bad enough :o

magpie seanie

Bisexuals might want to marry a man and a woman.