East wall #Irelandisfull

Started by Truth hurts, January 04, 2023, 11:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on February 13, 2023, 03:40:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 13, 2023, 10:13:54 AM
People are just looking excuses to f**king complain, "he's stealing my job" and "they are clogging up the doctors surgeries" The same fecker isn't sick nor has or wants a job!!

Of course there are chancers and hey, fair fucks to them, getting out of some of those hell holes is worth the effort, put the systems in place to use the extra labour force to fill in the gaps of the ones (from here) who refuse to work, cause they stubbed their big toe one day and claiming whatever new DLA benefits available to them!!

So to paraphrase, you are in favor of unlimited migration of economic migrants to Ireland and you feel that the Irish Taxpayers have a financial obligation to provide these people with a better life

Economic migrants will generate more money, what are the tax payers paying for if they are working? Irish tax payers (not you of course) won't be paying extra if an working migrant family comes here to work.

As for unlimited, that's what you have taken from it. I said put systems in place as use them to fill the gaps in the labour market that are not being filled, Ireland can only hold so much with the infrastructure, hospitals, services and so on. Do you know the limitations? Has there been a government assessment on this stuff? That needs looked and a figure needs to be found.

Migration will only continue, stopping it is impossible, Ireland got away with it for so long, was probably seen as a poor country and up north an internal war going on didn't make it look appealing.

Piling people into 'hotels' camps and other places isn't the answer either short term or long term, that's just creating ghettos and tensions, mistrust and leads to the far rights people thinking they are being taken over.. Currently in Ireland its made up of 94.5 white Irish, you'll be fine if you ever come home

Illegals should not be allowed btw, unless they can prove they are refuges running away from a war torn country as such.

What made you want to leave here? To better yourself in another country? Have a better living? Is your living standards better there or here had you stayed?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 13, 2023, 04:31:31 PM
People are just looking excuses to f**king complain, "he's stealing my job" and "they are clogging up the doctors surgeries" The same fecker isn't sick nor has or wants a job!!

Of course there are chancers and hey, fair fucks to them, getting out of some of those hell holes is worth the effort, put the systems in place to use the extra labour force to fill in the gaps of the ones (from here) who refuse to work, cause they stubbed their big toe one day and claiming whatever new DLA benefits available to them!!

So to paraphrase, you are in favor of unlimited migration of economic migrants to Ireland and you feel that the Irish Taxpayers have a financial obligation to provide these people with a better life

Economic migrants will generate more money, what are the tax payers paying for if they are working? Irish tax payers (not you of course) won't be paying extra if an working migrant family comes here to work.

As for unlimited, that's what you have taken from it. I said put systems in place as use them to fill the gaps in the labour market that are not being filled, Ireland can only hold so much with the infrastructure, hospitals, services and so on. Do you know the limitations? Has there been a government assessment on this stuff? That needs looked and a figure needs to be found.

Migration will only continue, stopping it is impossible, Ireland got away with it for so long, was probably seen as a poor country and up north an internal war going on didn't make it look appealing.

Piling people into 'hotels' camps and other places isn't the answer either short term or long term, that's just creating ghettos and tensions, mistrust and leads to the far rights people thinking they are being taken over.. Currently in Ireland its made up of 94.5 white Irish, you'll be fine if you ever come home

Illegals should not be allowed btw, unless they can prove they are refuges running away from a war torn country as such.

What made you want to leave here? To better yourself in another country? Have a better living? Is your living standards better there or here had you stayed?

I put up an interview when a barrister spoke on the Joe Duffy show about his experience processing asylum claims. 498 out of 500 were rejected because "it was his belief that 498 of them were chancers who were telling lies and trying to game asylum system"

So why should an Irish person who's paid tax their entire lives have any financial obligation to these people?

Many of these people come from third world countries, have no educations and don't speak English-what exactly are these hundreds of thousands people going to work at?  We are a small country-how many people can we absorb?

Yes-I did emigrate

With a valid passport

With a visa

With a letter saying I had a job

With a letter from a sponsor saying they would be financially responsible for me

With a criminal background check

With a medical (HIV/TB-both having to be negative)

And I moved to a place where I was almost identical (culturally) to the people who lived there

thebigfella

Quote from: whitey on February 13, 2023, 05:02:07 PM

I put up an interview when a barrister spoke on the Joe Duffy show about his experience processing asylum claims. 498 out of 500 were rejected because "it was his belief that 498 of them were chancers who were telling lies and trying to game asylum system"

So why should an Irish person who's paid tax their entire lives have any financial obligation to these people?

Many of these people come from third world countries, have no educations and don't speak English-what exactly are these hundreds of thousands people going to work at?  We are a small country-how many people can we absorb?

Yes-I did emigrate

With a valid passport

With a visa

With a letter from a sponsor saying they would be financially responsible for me

And I moved to a place where I was almost identical (culturally) to the people who lived there

So you emigrated. You didn't claim asylum. What's your point?

Secondly, only 2 requests were actually processed as genuine requests for asylum. I'm not sure what the point is here either, they rejected the requests of the chancers so is that not what you are arguing for?

Kidder81

I thought there were no chancers, they were all fleeing war zones or something ?

seafoid

I dunno if migrants generate much economic momentum these days.
Houses are so expensive. There is pressure on infrastructure already.

There should be a national conversation on the subject.

clonadmad

Quote from: seafoid on February 13, 2023, 06:25:00 PM

I dunno if migrants generate much economic momentum these days.
Houses are so expensive. There is pressure on infrastructure already.

There should be a national conversation on the subject.

The most recent arrivals are highly educated, with 70,300 (58.2 per cent) holding a third-level qualification.

EU immigrants account for 9.6 per cent of the workforce here, while those born outside the EU account for 4.9 per cent.

75% of all immigrants go to work here every day, as opposed to just 63% of people born in Ireland.

Only 18% of immigrants are not making themselves available for work, as opposed to 24.1% of Irish people.

Since 2016, 25% of all Irish start-ups have been founded by foreigners.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on February 13, 2023, 05:02:07 PM

Yes-I did emigrate

With a valid passport

With a visa

Avoided my question completely but crack on about the 100' of thousands of people coming here, which isn't true but sounds good.

Making stuff up about not speaking English, plenty here though with little or no education spending my hard earned tax.

There are plenty jobs not being filled. Jobs being filled will result in tax being paid, that's simple enough to understand?

Bringing people in that'll work is what's needed and getting the hard pressed natives to work would benefit us again, but they too busy chasing the other chancers out cause they want the benefits for themselves lol

The government that's been voted in these past 100 years have produced the current climate, if you lived in the south you could make a small contribution towards changing it.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Apparently we have 85,000 "long term unemployed" in the 26 at a time all sorts of places can't get workers.
About time Social Welfare started interviewing these folks and offered them training etc 5 days a week.
Wonder how many would suddenly sign off???
Meanwhile I was in Galway last weekend when 2 bus loads of men of military age arrived at a sports stadium.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

whitey

Joke away all you want

If this isn't addressed, the country is in for a dramatic transformation-and it won't be for the better!

clarshack

Quote from: trailer on February 13, 2023, 03:31:52 PM
Paedophile hunters, Anti Vaxers, Right wing racists, Conspiracy theorists.

The type of person that is usually anti conspiracy theory believed that the Earth was being invaded by Aliens yesterday lol.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on February 13, 2023, 08:11:39 PM
Joke away all you want

If this isn't addressed, the country is in for a dramatic transformation-and it won't be for the better!

Hopefully when they get round to the changes they'll stop you coming back claiming a pension from the hard working Irish tax payers..

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 13, 2023, 08:18:06 PM
Quote from: whitey on February 13, 2023, 08:11:39 PM
Joke away all you want

Hopefully when they get round to the changes they'll stop you coming back claiming a pension from the hard working Irish tax payers..

I actually paid tax in Ireland 40 years ago so I'm sure I'm entitled to at least free
Travel and a free TV license

burdizzo

I really think you should check that figure of 94.5% again; it's way off.

Also, migration is not inevitable. Japan doesn't allow any large-scale immigration, and the same is true of some central European countries. Stopping it is possible if the will to do it is there. After all, look at the lengths they went to to control covid, and the money that was spent on that.

I know you're not one of the mad-cap, anti-fa types who thinks anyone and everyone should be allowed in. But just say, hypothetically, that three million of these hard working Pakistanis you cited wanted to rock up here. Would that be fine by you? We're talking about a massive change in demographics and culture. And, let's be honest, they wouldn't want to be 'like us', and nor would they want to integrate. They, ideally, would like their own culture to be the dominant one, would want the best things for THEIR children. Why shouldn't we want the same for ours?

seafoid

Migration is a feature of the economic system. It's not ordained by God.
Brexit was won because of unease about migration especially in working class communities.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: burdizzo on February 13, 2023, 08:43:48 PM

I really think you should check that figure of 94.5% again; it's way off.

Also, migration is not inevitable. Japan doesn't allow any large-scale immigration, and the same is true of some central European countries. Stopping it is possible if the will to do it is there. After all, look at the lengths they went to to control covid, and the money that was spent on that.

I know you're not one of the mad-cap, anti-fa types who thinks anyone and everyone should be allowed in. But just say, hypothetically, that three million of these hard working Pakistanis you cited wanted to rock up here. Would that be fine by you? We're talking about a massive change in demographics and culture. And, let's be honest, they wouldn't want to be 'like us', and nor would they want to integrate. They, ideally, would like their own culture to be the dominant one, would want the best things for THEIR children. Why shouldn't we want the same for ours?

Japan has 125 million people living in it, it 4 times bigger than Ireland which only has 5 million.. I'm not surprised they don't have immigration

I personally couldn't care less how people live their lives, those on the Shankill and Falls for many decades didn't  integrate

As for 'them' being dominant it won't happen same way it won't happen in Britain

"Currently, Ireland has a majority of "White Irish," as 94.1% of the population. There are other sizable populations of Black citizens from African countries, such as Nigeria and Mauritius, plus Asian citizens with the majority from China, India, and some from Hong Kong"