East wall #Irelandisfull

Started by Truth hurts, January 04, 2023, 11:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

The rise of social media too people now copy what they see in the states and Britain and communicate with them,The ira and other groups were seen as left wing so thats another reason there may not have been a big right movement because they might have been took out if they made noise.

tonto1888

Quote from: J70 on February 13, 2023, 02:53:08 AM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on February 13, 2023, 02:39:32 AM
What a horribly depressing thread. As an Irishman and an immigrant, it pains me greatly to see my compatriots express such prejudice against those who have come to us in need.

Big time.

Only reason Ireland didn't have racial problems and a far right movement traditionally was because we had almost zero diversity. Nothing to do with tolerance or a lack of prejudice.

exactly this. You see a lot of posts saying "you cant be racist and Irish." Oh how they are being proven wrong

seafoid

In order for something like this to gain traction the offensive side need a simple message. And the defensive side has to be disorganised.
The Civil Service is useless against blindside risk such as financial crashes and this.

imtommygunn

It's a worldwide problem though SF and not specific to Irish civil service etc. The foreign people are being made bogeymen by the people who stir this stuff up. The biggest problem for me is the coordination of this kind of thing and the nefarious people who are coordinating it. If it wasn't this it would be something else they would be stirring up. People are disillusioned these days with how the world is working general these days.

Rossfan

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 13, 2023, 09:27:03 AM
The foreign people are being made bogeymen by the people who stir this stuff up. The biggest problem for me is the coordination of this kind of thing and the nefarious people who are coordinating it.
+1.
They're a virus looking for some host to infect.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

People are just looking excuses to f**king complain, "he's stealing my job" and "they are clogging up the doctors surgeries" The same fecker isn't sick nor has or wants a job!!

Of course there are chancers and hey, fair fucks to them, getting out of some of those hell holes is worth the effort, put the systems in place to use the extra labour force to fill in the gaps of the ones (from here) who refuse to work, cause they stubbed their big toe one day and claiming whatever new DLA benefits available to them!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eire90

one ejit was spreading information that french rugby fans were really refugees in disguise and did not go to  the airport after the match.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Eire90 on February 13, 2023, 10:17:45 AM
one ejit was spreading information that french rugby fans were really refugees in disguise and did not go to  the airport after the match.

Brilliant, and fair play, the dafty airport staff on both sides letting them in are to blame here...

What is the policy for letting people through the airport now? If I'm flying from Dublin do I need to bring a passport?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cavan19

Quote from: Eire90 on February 13, 2023, 10:17:45 AM

The sad thing about that is there are people who will see that and believe it.

imtommygunn

There was a picture doing the rounds the other week with about 5 or 6 coaches queued up and the information being spread was that it was all male unvetted immigrants.

It was busloads of people going to a cross country race.

Cavan19

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 13, 2023, 10:25:25 AM
There was a picture doing the rounds the other week with about 5 or 6 coaches queued up and the information being spread was that it was all male unvetted immigrants.

Military aged men.

Baile Brigín 2

Kids going to.the race. Actual schoolkids

seafoid

Quote from: Cavan19 on February 13, 2023, 10:26:58 AM

Military aged men.
https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/2023/01/14/there-is-a-clear-playbook-emerging-for-how-asylum-seeker-protests-are-organised/
There is a clear playbook emerging for how these new protests are organised. Typically, someone records a video of a group of unidentified non-white men getting off a bus somewhere in Ireland. The video is funnelled through influential groups and channels online, reaching thousands of people and framed as evidence of the "invasion" or "plantation".

trailer

Paedophile hunters, Anti Vaxers, Right wing racists, Conspiracy theorists. 

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 13, 2023, 10:13:54 AM
People are just looking excuses to f**king complain, "he's stealing my job" and "they are clogging up the doctors surgeries" The same fecker isn't sick nor has or wants a job!!

Of course there are chancers and hey, fair fucks to them, getting out of some of those hell holes is worth the effort, put the systems in place to use the extra labour force to fill in the gaps of the ones (from here) who refuse to work, cause they stubbed their big toe one day and claiming whatever new DLA benefits available to them!!

So to paraphrase, you are in favor of unlimited migration of economic migrants to Ireland and you feel that the Irish Taxpayers have a financial obligation to provide these people with a better life