Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 12, 2023, 08:37:40 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 12, 2023, 08:28:05 PM
Here we go.

My sons best friend is Polish.
My daughters boyfriend is Lituanian.
My Next door neighbour is Latvian.
I have very good mates who are married to Argentinian and Singaporean women.
I encounter multiple nationalities in my job with no issues (or no more issues than the average Irish born person).
The thing is all the people above mentioned came in with a plan, with a way of getting accommodation, or getting a job and with proper papers.
There is a steam train of problems coming with this open door policy. We are making up the ways to deal with this situation as we go along and the Government don't know what to do. Being afraid of some of those consequences in not racist, it being concerned. Concern is a good emotion to have. This concern is as much for the people coming here (where there is no plan for them) as it is for the people who already live here.
We are letting in people who have different ways, different cultures and a different way of looking at things. You have to be aware of this and letting large amounts without a plan spells huge danger.

Those issues take them up with your local politician, people will respect you more..

What happens if you take up these issues and you a shot down as being a racist? What do you do then?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 12, 2023, 08:56:50 PM
Here we go.

I encounter multiple nationalities in my job with no issues (or no more issues than the average Irish born person).
The thing is all the people above mentioned came in with a plan, with a way of getting accommodation, or getting a job and with proper papers.
There is a steam train of problems coming with this open door policy. We are making up the ways to deal with this situation as we go along and the Government don't know what to do. Being afraid of some of those consequences in not racist, it being concerned. Concern is a good emotion to have. This concern is as much for the people coming here (where there is no plan for them) as it is for the people who already live here.
We are letting in people who have different ways, different cultures and a different way of looking at things. You have to be aware of this and letting large amounts without a plan spells huge danger.

Those issues take them up with your local politician, people will respect you more..

What happens if you take up these issues and you a shot down as being a racist? What do you do then?

Have you?

It's your political parties that allow it by either not implementing the laws or they are happy with it..

But if you ain't happy then don't vote them in, and when they come to your door explain why, joining the far right just makes you look or act like a racist
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Those with a certain view on Covid / vaccines / the great reset etc all seem to have a similar view on immigrants.

burdizzo

Here we go.

What people? And - "respect you more"? More than what? More than making a fuss? Like "sssh, keep it quiet"? I actually did bring it up with a local FG represenative. He just agreed with me, said "We're creating ghettoes", but he's only a small cog in the wheel, so can do nothing. Sadly, we're being led on a destructive path and 'our' politicians have neither the will nor the means to do anything about it. I sometimes wonder if it's the price for the bailout we got?! But, in any case, "taking it up with local politicians" is pretty futile. Making a fuss is likely to get more results that having a quiet word with your local politician.

Milltown Row2

Making a fuss? Make a fuss with the politicians, go protest outside their houses outside the parliament.

It's their policies that have allowed the numbers to rise.

Going to people that have been possibly through wars bombings human trafficking and so on will not solve it.

If you actually believe that harassing them will work then you are lost
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

burdizzo

Hardly any of the protests are outside occupied asylum centres, but anyway...

whitey

https://m.soundcloud.com/nuala201/sean-deegan-explains-to-joe-duffy-why-he-rejected-498-out-of-500-asylum-claims

" Séan Deegan, the former barrister appointed by the department of Justice to sit on a tribunal dealing with asylum claims rejected 498 out of 500 claims because it was his belief that 498 of them were chancers who were telling lies and trying to game asylum system"

This showed up on my Twitter feed

Milltown Row2

Quote from: burdizzo on February 12, 2023, 09:32:43 PM

Hardly any? Does that mean some are?

How many protests have there been outside a minister house?

burdizzo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 12, 2023, 09:40:45 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on February 12, 2023, 09:32:43 PM

Hardly any? Does that mean some are?

How many protests have there been outside a minister house?

I can only think of one, but am open to correction on that.

seafoid

Power is about the narrative and the Government has lost control of the narrative

From the Bunker

Quote from: JoG2 on February 12, 2023, 09:07:22 PM
Those with a certain view on Covid / vaccines / the great reset etc all seem to have a similar view on immigrants.

You could not be more correct, except unknown't to you are talking about yourself.

From the Bunker

Quote from: burdizzo on February 12, 2023, 09:12:14 PM

What people? And - "respect you more"? More than what? More than making a fuss? Like "sssh, keep it quiet"? I actually did bring it up with a local FG represenative. He just agreed with me, said "We're creating ghettoes", but he's only a small cog in the wheel, so can do nothing. Sadly, we're being led on a destructive path and 'our' politicians have neither the will nor the means to do anything about it. I sometimes wonder if it's the price for the bailout we got?! But, in any case, "taking it up with local politicians" is pretty futile. Making a fuss is likely to get more results that having a quiet word with your local politician.

Yes, there seems to be no internal control of these issues.

Eire90

The whole thing is more than about immigration they are using immigration  as an excuse  to protest and sinister elements are driving it i would say they are now threatening to shut down the st patricks parade with using mams with prams.

Jell 0 Biafra

What a horribly depressing thread. As an Irishman and an immigrant, it pains me greatly to see my compatriots express such prejudice against those who have come to us in need.

J70

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on February 13, 2023, 02:39:32 AM
What a horribly depressing thread. As an Irishman and an immigrant, it pains me greatly to see my compatriots express such prejudice against those who have come to us in need.

Big time.

Only reason Ireland didn't have racial problems and a far right movement traditionally was because we had almost zero diversity. Nothing to do with tolerance or a lack of prejudice.