East wall #Irelandisfull

Started by Truth hurts, January 04, 2023, 11:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 04, 2023, 03:12:38 PM
Quote from: whitey on February 04, 2023, 03:02:07 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 04, 2023, 02:50:51 PM
Geneva convention states they should claim asylum int he first safe country they come to. Again, they are under no obligation to do so

If someone is already in a "safe" country, does that in turn change the obligation of the next country down the line?

What happens if they claim asylum in a safe country, and then transit on to another country?

Would that nullify their subsequent applications?

Do these rules apply to refugees or asylum seekers or is there a clear distinction between the two?

An asylum seeker is seeing to gain refugee status.

If an asylum seeker passes through a safe country and doesn't claim there it can damage their claim in the country they claim in depending on the reasons. It won't mean a refusal straight off but can add to a refusal, give it more weight if that makes sense.

As far as I remember if a person lands in a country having already been granted asylum elsewhere they will be returned to that country. Unless there is a good reason why they left.

So if your asylum claim is denied in one country (within the EU) can you jump to the next country and submit a new claim?

If you apply in one country, and the applications is still in process, can you then move to another country and submit a new application?

tonto1888

whitey

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 04, 2023, 04:30:05 PM
You can try

Does anyone know what percentage of asylum seekers in Ireland have outstanding applications in other countries or have failed applications in other countries?

burdizzo

The Dublin Regulation was supposed to stop this very thing. But, of course, it's not implemented all that much.

Kidder81

Frances refusal percentage is much higher than the UK

tonto1888

Quote from: burdizzo on February 04, 2023, 06:19:59 PM
The Dublin Regulation was supposed to stop this very thing. But, of course, it's not implemented all that much.

It isn't a catch all. As I said there are circumstances where an asylum seeker can be returned

Milltown Row2

But attack the immigrants not the government? Hmm interesting tells me that regardless of how Ireland allows this to happen racists will go for the immigrants
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

burdizzo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2023, 07:04:00 PM

But attack the immigrants not the government? Hmm interesting tells me that regardless of how Ireland allows this to happen racists will go for the immigrants

You keep saying that, but who's "going for the immigrants"? Haven't heard any credible stories of immigrants being attacked - have you? Protesters are protesting the government policy of mass immigration, sometimes by blockading traffic junctions and marching in the city centre, and sometimes by picketing proposed asylum centres, and - in a small minority of cases, I'd say - actual asylum centres. So you think the traffic junction blockades are the way to go? Or storm the Dail?! Jaysus, I can imagine the hissy-fit at that!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: burdizzo on February 04, 2023, 07:20:54 PM

You keep saying that, but who's "going for the immigrants"? Haven't heard any credible stories of immigrants being attacked - have you? Protesters are protesting the government policy of mass immigration, sometimes by blockading traffic junctions and marching in the city centre, and sometimes by picketing proposed asylum centres, and - in a small minority of cases, I'd say - actual asylum centres. So you think the traffic junction blockades are the way to go? Or storm the Dail?! Jaysus, I can imagine the hissy-fit at that!

Attacks on immigrants ok but attacks on government bad..

So they are protesting at the parliament members? They make the rules, why is anyone annoyed or angry at someone trying to better themselves?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2023, 07:51:51 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on February 04, 2023, 07:20:54 PM

Attacks on immigrants ok but attacks on government bad..

So they are protesting at the parliament members? They make the rules, why is anyone annoyed or angry at someone trying to better themselves?

Seeing as Ireland is following International law in accepting these refugees/asylum seekers, is their upkeep paid for by the international community, or is it paid for by an already heavily taxed Irish Taxpayer?

I don't think any reasonable person would be against someone trying to "better themselves", but why should an Irish taxpayer have a financial obligation to facilitate this when they're already to the pin of their collar financially ?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40942808.html

https://www.thejournal.ie/ireland-has-one-of-the-highest-per-capita-debt-burdens-in-the-world-5986591-Feb2023/

Milltown Row2

Is it international law or European law?

Either way that's the law, so if you ain't happy with it then ask for changes in policy or implementation needs to be better.

Blame your politicians not those coming in

Itchy

Quote from: whitey on February 04, 2023, 05:01:59 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 04, 2023, 04:30:05 PM
You can try

Does anyone know what percentage of asylum seekers in Ireland have outstanding applications in other countries or have failed applications in other countries?

No but do like your comrades in the far right and make up the statistic you want.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on February 04, 2023, 08:30:39 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2023, 08:24:28 PM

Either way that's the law, so if you ain't happy with it then ask for changes in policy or implementation needs to be better.

It's the politicians at fault 100%. They've treated the working class with contempt with no consultation whatsoever.

So direct your anger at them and do it at the polls..

Just the working class? The benefit class seem to be the ones complaining the most?

Itchy

Quote from: clarshack on February 04, 2023, 08:20:07 PM
https://twitter.com/irishexaminer/status/1621826011032592385

Wouldn't this suggest that the place is kind of full?

Also seen that Pat Kenny of all people has been labelled a far right racist over the last couple of days lol.

The game's gone.

You think Pat is a man of the people? He's exactly the type of guy that would jump on any bandwagon (far right or other) to keep the value of his house high or whatever other game he's playing.

burdizzo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2023, 08:24:28 PM

People ARE blaming the politicians. How did you miss that?