East wall #Irelandisfull

Started by Truth hurts, January 04, 2023, 11:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 05, 2023, 03:28:24 PM
Just 22 % of New PPS numbers went to Irish people in 2022.
Cromwell would be jealous of Ireland's New Plantation.
Of 286,168 New Personal Public Service numbers given out in 2022 only 64,721 went to people born in Ireland...that's a mere 22.61%.

Born in Ireland, or born in the 26 counties, or do you consider them the same?
PPS numbers do not imply long term immigration, people on short term project and students etc get PPS numbers, you even need a PPS number if you inherit money from someone in the 26 counties.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eire90

apparently its come out there was no refuges  there and the likes of  o dywer were lying.

Captain Scarlet

In a lot of cities there are 'close knit communities' that don't need much to have riled up

The far right is a nice mud guard for people who never are not keen on anyone not part of their own.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

burdizzo

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 05, 2023, 09:20:59 PM
In a lot of cities there are 'close knit communities' that don't need much to have riled up

The far right is a nice mud guard for people who never are not keen on anyone not part of their own.

Eh?

Do I take it you prefer atomised, low-trust communities?

Captain Scarlet

No I'd prefer if it was a reality when at times it just means certain areas are not fond of outsiders.
There is some denial on social media right now about the amazing people in Drimnagh. I know only a small few are on the streets now, but you can't pretend it's all rosy.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

burdizzo

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 05, 2023, 09:44:13 PM
No I'd prefer if it was a reality when at times it just means certain areas are not fond of outsiders.
There is some denial on social media right now about the amazing people in Drimnagh. I know only a small few are on the streets now, but you can't pretend it's all rosy.

Nothing is all rosy, ever. No one is pretending it is. However, having a "close-knit community" is better than having, as I say, an individualised 'society' where there's little sense of cohesion. Unless, of course, you're a misfit to start with.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 05, 2023, 09:44:13 PM

The amazing people of Drimnagh were dropping in food and presents.

The far right tried to lynch the cleaners based on lies

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Eire90 on January 05, 2023, 09:05:49 PM
apparently its come out there was no refuges  there and the likes of  o dywer were lying.

Imagine that... A man with numerous criminal convictions including interfering with a dog might not beon the level. Remember this was a man kicked out of the openly fascist NP for being too extreme

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Milltown Row2

Will there be protests and demands for a deep clean when they leave?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 07, 2023, 01:54:16 PM

No. People distinguish between Ukrainians and chancers. Most Ukrainians are women and children, if you left them a couple of hoovers and a litre of flash they would probably leave the place cleaner than when they arrived.

Tubberman

Quote from: armaghniac on January 07, 2023, 04:22:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 07, 2023, 01:54:16 PM

No. People distinguish between Ukrainians and chancers. Most Ukrainians are women and children, if you left them a couple of hoovers and a litre of flash they would probably leave the place cleaner than when they arrived.

See a lot of men driving around in UA cars....
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."