East wall #Irelandisfull

Started by Truth hurts, January 04, 2023, 11:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: bennydorano on November 24, 2023, 09:31:49 AM
Quote from: tyrone08 on November 24, 2023, 08:56:35 AMMy simple view is that immigration needs to be controlled in a way that benefits the economy. Forget about where they are coming from or their race. Skilled people who are in fields that there are job shortages should be let in. Unskilled workers are also required but it should be based on the number of available jobs rather than a free for all.

Australia immigration skills assessment is a good example.
That's a perfectly legitimate position to hold, if you were voting in GB you'd be voting Conservative or quite possibly the Reform Party as the Tories might be too soft for you.

Yes, and it resulted in Brexit so I would assume Tyrone08 would be in favour of Brexit and perhaps and Irexit too.

tyrone08

Quote from: Itchy on November 24, 2023, 09:33:53 AM
Quote from: tyrone08 on November 24, 2023, 08:56:35 AMMy simple view is that immigration needs to be controlled in a way that benefits the economy. Forget about where they are coming from or their race. Skilled people who are in fields that there are job shortages should be let in. Unskilled workers are also required but it should be based on the number of available jobs rather than a free for all.

That's a perfectly legitimate position to hold, if you were voting in GB you'd be voting Conservative or quite possibly the Reform Party as the Tories might be too soft for you.

Yes, and it resulted in Brexit so I would assume Tyrone08 would be in favour of Brexit and perhaps and Irexit too.

Lad have at it then. Keep the system the way it is and come back to me in 10 years and see how you feel then.

Jesus every country in the world outside of eu controls immigration.

Cant improve anything in this country without someone shouting racist.

bennydorano

Two people just replied to you, nobody mentioned racism anywhere

tyrone08

Quote from: bennydorano on November 24, 2023, 09:48:52 AMTwo people just replied to you, nobody mentioned racism anywhere

Replied with absolutely no commments or suggestions on how to improve the current situation. Only comments about tories and brexit when are irrelevant to this.

Whats your suggestions to improve the situation or are you happy with it currently ?

tonto1888

Quote from: tyrone08 on November 24, 2023, 09:44:59 AM

Lad have at it then. Keep the system the way it is and come back to me in 10 years and see how you feel then.

By improving the country you mean keeping the undesirables out?

the goal was on

was it not suppose to be just ukranian women and children. Did anyone ever explain why it ended up busloads of men. I thought they were not allowed to leave ukraine.

clarshack

Agree it's got to the stage it's ridiculous.
If the extremists on the left keep on shouting racist and bigot at everyone without having proper debate on key issues and when you look at what happened in Argentina and Holland this week then these idiots are going to end up being partly responsible for putting a Far Right party into power in the South.

general_lee

Quote from: tyrone08 on November 24, 2023, 06:17:10 AMI have always been fascinated when people argue against controlling borders. Almost immediately the word racist is used when anyone suggests improved controls

Majority of countries in the world have strict border controls and set criteria for entering.

Also when irish people immigrate they do integrate into the country and contribute heavily. Can that be said of all people immigrating to ireland ?
Right so are you implying we need to install a new border post at Aughnacloy?

bennydorano

Quote from: tyrone08 on November 24, 2023, 09:55:38 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 24, 2023, 09:48:52 AMTwo people just replied to you, nobody mentioned racism anywhere

Replied with absolutely no commments or suggestions on how to improve the current situation. Only comments about tories and brexit when are irrelevant to this.

Whats your suggestions to improve the situation or are you happy with it currently ?
What situation is this tho - the real situation or the exaggerated hysterical one pushed by right wing bullshitters?

Plus, like yourself I assume, I live in NI not Dublin.

RedHand88

750k foreign nationals in Ireland
1.5 million Irish foreigners abroad

We have a emigration problem, not an immigration problem

trueblue1234

Quote from: clarshack on November 24, 2023, 10:15:24 AM

If the extremists on the left keep on shouting racist and bigot at everyone without having proper debate on key issues and when you look at what happened in Argentina and Holland this week then these idiots are going to end up being partly responsible for putting a Far Right party into power in the South.

I agree to an extend. But it works both ways. If some of the posts are challenged on here you get the "far left" response instead of actually debating the issue. Both sides seem to be incapable of discussing the issue reasonably. And the reality is somewhere in between. Immigration is required, and at times the right thing to do. Should it be more regulated? Yes. Is it possible to have complete control over that. No. It will be an imperfect system.
People crying that Ireland isn't recognisable as the country it once was are completely right. Unfortunately we can't blame all that on immigrants.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Rossfan

Quote from: the goal was on on November 24, 2023, 10:09:50 AMwas it not suppose to be just ukranian women and children. Did anyone ever explain why it ended up busloads of men. I thought they were not allowed to leave ukraine.

Take yer tablets and go back to bed!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

JoG2

Quote from: Rossfan on November 24, 2023, 10:52:23 AM
Quote from: the goal was on on November 24, 2023, 10:09:50 AMwas it not suppose to be just ukranian women and children. Did anyone ever explain why it ended up busloads of men. I thought they were not allowed to leave ukraine.

Take yer tablets and go back to bed!

;D.. The Internet is equal measures great / a cesspit

NAG1

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 24, 2023, 10:30:21 AM
Quote from: clarshack on November 24, 2023, 10:15:24 AM

I agree to an extend. But it works both ways. If some of the posts are challenged on here you get the "far left" response instead of actually debating the issue. Both sides seem to be incapable of discussing the issue reasonably. And the reality is somewhere in between. Immigration is required, and at times the right thing to do. Should it be more regulated? Yes. Is it possible to have complete control over that. No. It will be an imperfect system.
People crying that Ireland isn't recognisable as the country it once was are completely right. Unfortunately we can't blame all that on immigrants.

The truth is as always somewhere in the middle.

But the neck on these little toerags blaming immigrants for the fact they don't have a job/ house/ car is the biggest falsehood. Totally akin to the Brexit voters in England, no intention of ever working, always expecting to have their dole and benefits and contributing zero to the community or society in general other than producing more generations with the same entitled attitude.

I have more sympathy for those people in Ireland actually working and struggling to get a house for their family., struggling to pay their bills and looking at the perceived easy ride that immigrants are getting at the moment. These people have a case to be asking questions of the Government.

But these were not the people on the streets last night.

imtommygunn

Exactly that NAG. It will lie in the middle but nuanced debate on anything appears to be a thing of the past.

It is very unfortunate that there will be "ringleaders" in this kind of stuff and they are just stirring younger ones into going on the streets and potentially getting a criminal record. It was the same with the flag protests when they happened up here.