Would you claim without injury?

Started by supersarsfields, July 21, 2010, 02:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you were involved in an accident and was not injured would you still consider claiming for injury?

yes
no

Elias

I'm not saying courts will always favour the claimant. If we know our insured is at fault we will seek to settle asap and keep the courts out of the process. Your friend certainly sounds as though she got a very raw deal. Having been injured she was due relevant financial redress, irrespective of how many other injured parties there are. The third party personal injury limit on an insurance policy is usually unlimited, but not always, dependend on the company.

David McKeown

The issue was simply that the judge couldn't establish who were genuinely on the bus and who wasn't so everyone got quite reduced claims. She barely covered her special damages but she wouldn't appeal as she was content with that
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

thewingedlady

Would any of you claim against somebody in your own family?

Rhetorical question, but the reason I bring it up is that a pal of mine is a Solicitor who was telling me that he has a client who is claiming off her da's insurance for a minor accident. The aul fella is absolutely livid and says that she'll start civil war in the family if she goes through with it. What a bitch!

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: thewingedlady on July 24, 2010, 06:52:28 PM
Would any of you claim against somebody in your own family?

Rhetorical question, but the reason I bring it up is that a pal of mine is a Solicitor who was telling me that he has a client who is claiming off her da's insurance for a minor accident. The aul fella is absolutely livid and says that she'll start civil war in the family if she goes through with it. What a bitch!

Depends on the circumstance's...If i was off work for say 3 mths or so my work would not cover my pay if i did not claim. They claim my loss of earnings from the insurance company. I think if one of my family knew this they would expect me to claim and vice versa.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME