Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Arsenal meeting an in form team and struggling to break them down...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Big strong well drilled team Newcastle. Can see why they don't concede many atall.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BrotherMore6592

Not to be reactionary as I felt this before the game anyway - but the squad needs another bit of quality to change games. Still not convinced NKetiah should be anywhere near a top teams main striker. He's just OK as backup. A top marksman would have buried that chance even though his touch was good.

Mourne Red

Scandalous officiating there tonight.. How the Gabriel one wasn't a penalty I don't know. Newcastle played like a rich Burnley there tonight, they'll play that bog football away from home the rest of the season

Walter Cronc

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on January 03, 2023, 09:45:54 PM
Not to be reactionary as I felt this before the game anyway - but the squad needs another bit of quality to change games. Still not convinced NKetiah should be anywhere near a top teams main striker. He's just OK as backup. A top marksman would have buried that chance even though his touch was good.

He is the back up striker so your point doesn't make sense. Was a super save by Pope!

BrotherMore6592

Yeah he's the backup striker for a top team, he shouldn't be regardless of Jesus being injured.

He'd struggle to start for a mid to lower table prem team

Mourne Red

We're looking at Felix and Myrduk to possibly getting them both in.. Needed after tonight as think we'll struggle to break teams down if they sit back like Newcastle did tonight

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Mourne Red on January 03, 2023, 09:46:28 PM
Newcastle played like a rich Burnley there tonight, they'll play that bog football away from home the rest of the season
Did simliar against Man United in Old Trafford back in October, came for the draw and got it. Eddie Howe in fairness has them well organised, difficult to beat and has them well drilled on time wasting and slowing the game down.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 03, 2023, 11:05:09 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on January 03, 2023, 09:46:28 PM
Newcastle played like a rich Burnley there tonight, they'll play that bog football away from home the rest of the season
Did simliar against Man United in Old Trafford back in October, came for the draw and got it. Eddie Howe in fairness has them well organised, difficult to beat and has them well drilled on time wasting and slowing the game down.

If I recall they done the same at Anfield but Liverpool pipped them in injury time. They won't give a damm though. Serious workrate tracking back all game.

BrotherMore6592

We'll be approaching the half way mark of the January transfer window in a few days and no business done. Surely we've learned from previous years this decade where burying your head in the sand and not investing comes back to haunt you later in the season?

I'll still be delighted with champions league football but if for some mad reason we happened to slip out of top 4 and no business was done in January it would be a head on the chopping block offence regardless of who's on the line IMO

Mourne Red

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on January 11, 2023, 01:52:16 AM
We'll be approaching the half way mark of the January transfer window in a few days and no business done. Surely we've learned from previous years this decade where burying your head in the sand and not investing comes back to haunt you later in the season?

I'll still be delighted with champions league football but if for some mad reason we happened to slip out of top 4 and no business was done in January it would be a head on the chopping block offence regardless of who's on the line IMO

Myrduk is essentially done.. Another midfielder would be nice to have as Lokonga doesn't look cut out for it and can't rely on Mo or Parteys fitness.

Don't think a striker is on the cards with Myrduk done Martinelli will be the back up striker if Nketiah gets injured but tbf he doesn't really seem to be injury prone

BrotherMore6592

Yeah I'll be delighted if Mudryk deal gets done.

Do you think they're gonna have to meet the £85m fee?

ONeill

Seems a big fee for someone no one really knew about before the whole transfer stuff.

On the other hand, any help is welcome in terms of numbers.

Dreading this Spurs game on Sunday. Would take a draw.

BrotherMore6592

Mudryk is gone then, so be it

Onto the next one. I'd prefer two or three very good players for the price we were going to pay for him.

ONeill