Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Turf on November 24, 2022, 10:55:05 AM
Quote from: trailer on November 24, 2022, 10:35:29 AM
This club needs 2billion invested in it.

1b on a new stadium.
500m on training facilities
500m on the team.

Eyewatering.
500mill on training facilities!? Liverpool spent 50mill on a brand new state of the art training centre.
United already built Leicesters for around £80m lol

laoislad

Looking for recommendations for a hotel that is near enough Old Trafford but also near enough city centre?
Heading over in April to run the Manchester Marathon, the start finish line is around Old Trafford somewhere. Will be flying home soon after the race that evening so if I can get a late check out at hotel so I can shower etc so hopefully get a hotel near enough the city so I can get back to Airport without much hassle, but want it also near enough Old Trafford so I don't have a big walk the morning of the race.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Square Ball

Loads of names being mentioned for potential buyers, I see Apple is the latest to be mentioned.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

nrico2006

Quote from: Square Ball on November 25, 2022, 10:44:13 AM
Loads of names being mentioned for potential buyers, I see Apple is the latest to be mentioned.

Some of the names mentioned look promising. Apple would be unreal.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Armagh18

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 25, 2022, 11:57:43 AM

Apple would be in it to make money. Probably rename the stadium which would be an absolute no go for most United fans.

trailer

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 25, 2022, 01:52:33 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on November 25, 2022, 11:57:43 AM

Apple would be in it to make money. Probably rename the stadium which would be an absolute no go for most United fans.

I think most fans are resigned to naming rights if it means you get a brand new stadium. I would be.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: laoislad on November 25, 2022, 07:13:21 AM
Looking for recommendations for a hotel that is near enough Old Trafford but also near enough city centre?
Heading over in April to run the Manchester Marathon, the start finish line is around Old Trafford somewhere. Will be flying home soon after the race that evening so if I can get a late check out at hotel so I can shower etc so hopefully get a hotel near enough the city so I can get back to Airport without much hassle, but want it also near enough Old Trafford so I don't have a big walk the morning of the race.

The Hilton at the Old Trafford cricket ground or Trafford Hall hotel are very close to Old Trafford and both are one side of metrolink stations, only ten mins on a tram into town (Hilton-Old Trafford met stop & Trafford Hall Hotel-Trafford Bar met stop). £6 or £7 in a taxi to town from there too.

laoislad

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 25, 2022, 02:21:12 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 25, 2022, 07:13:21 AM
The Hilton at the Old Trafford cricket ground or Trafford Hall hotel are very close to Old Trafford and both are one side of metrolink stations, only ten mins on a tram into town (Hilton-Old Trafford met stop & Trafford Hall Hotel-Trafford Bar met stop). £6 or £7 in a taxi to town from there too.
Cheers, will check them out.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Cunny Funt

Very comfortable win tonight. Casemiro the clear stand out player on show. Rashford, Shaw next best i thought. 1 point off 4th with a game in hand is a decent position to be in after a poor start to the season.

pbat

My gripe with tonight was they were 2-0 up after 25 minutes against a very average outfit. Their goal difference is very poor compared to other top 4 contenders so they really should have been going for the jugular to get 5 or 6.

Milltown Row2

Spurs are playing poor enough at present, but Utd can still give up plenty of chances, the poor goal difference is going to bite them in the bum soon enough
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

snoopdog

Quote from: pbat on December 27, 2022, 10:21:45 PM
My gripe with tonight was they were 2-0 up after 25 minutes against a very average outfit. Their goal difference is very poor compared to other top 4 contenders so they really should have been going for the jugular to get 5 or 6.
It's pretty obvious utd need a top drawer  goalscorer.  There were a few other great opportunities that a RVN or Rooney would've buried. Problem is the world cup showed up that there is a lack of top quality strikers about. So who do they target.

stiffler

Maguire to spurs ? That would free up considerable cash for wages.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

keep her low this half

Quote from: stiffler on December 28, 2022, 10:39:36 AM
If Spurs are willing to cough £50m bite their arm off, can't see that happening with Levy though, probably offer £20m which is nowhere near enough for a current England starting player.

thewobbler

Quote from: keep her low this half on December 28, 2022, 11:30:32 AM
Quote from: stiffler on December 28, 2022, 10:39:36 AM
If Spurs are willing to cough £50m bite their arm off, can't see that happening with Levy though, probably offer £20m which is nowhere near enough for a current England starting player.

Lol at this mindset. CM2003.

Players who aren't interested should be moved along, as a bad apple can spoil any barrel. It took United years to work that one out with Pogba.

Players who aren't good enough or aren't suited to the manager's plans, should be moved along as quickly as possible, as their infrequent appearances will be rusty and only highlight their deficiencies, and each appearance reduces their transfer value.

Whether he plays for England or not is irrelevant.