Cost Of Living

Started by Olly, July 03, 2022, 05:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63403850

Again out nurses lagging well behind . Michelle O Neill didn't give 2 monkies when she had the chance and it's continued on since

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 06, 2022, 08:08:28 AM

Again out nurses lagging well behind . Michelle O Neill didn't give 2 monkies when she had the chance and it's continued on since
Looking for 5% above RPI? Good luck with that  ::)

RedHand88

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 06, 2022, 12:21:58 PM

Welllll ye gotta start from a high point to give yourself room to go down.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 06, 2022, 12:31:03 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 06, 2022, 12:21:58 PM

Welllll ye gotta start from a high point to give yourself room to go down.
True. Could be a long way down.

tintin25

I'd say there's plenty working in the private sector who wouldn't get close to some nursing salaries

armaghniac

Quote from: tintin25 on November 06, 2022, 01:59:36 PM
I'd say there's plenty working in the private sector who wouldn't get close to some nursing salaries

If they are in a job with that extent of training and if they have to work nights, Xmas etc, then they need to ask for a pay rise.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

You must be taking the piss and most don't work half as hard

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 06, 2022, 03:57:15 PM

How would you know that? Not all nurses work in A&E. Plenty of handy numbers too, same as private sector.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 06, 2022, 04:02:27 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 06, 2022, 03:57:15 PM

How would you know that? Not all nurses work in A&E. Plenty of handy numbers too, same as private sector.

And A and É is only place they work hard? Have you ever worked in the hospital ?

charlieTully

You mean working for agencies and getting paid way more.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: charlieTully on November 06, 2022, 04:34:38 PM

You mean working for agencies and getting paid way more.

Aye more power to them , but you have away less employment rights and pension accrual opportunities

RedHand88

The NHS pension is ridiculously good and far beyond anything m the private sector. Its why nurses are retiring at 60 with 6 figure payouts.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 06, 2022, 07:27:54 PM
The NHS pension is ridiculously good and far beyond anything m the private sector. Its why nurses are retiring at 60 with 6 figure payouts.

It's not what it was

johnnycool

Quote from: armaghniac on November 06, 2022, 02:16:42 PM

If they are in a job with that extent of training and if they have to work nights, Xmas etc, then they need to ask for a pay rise.

Plus holding a degree!!!

Gotta love the logic of the right wingers, "sure isn't someone else being paid peanuts as well!" seems to make it alright when nurses are on their uppers, using food banks, leaving the profession in droves all the while waiting lists are through the roof and life expectancy dropping.

Saffrongael

Quote from: johnnycool on November 06, 2022, 07:36:53 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 06, 2022, 02:16:42 PM

Plus holding a degree!!!

Gotta love the logic of the right wingers, "sure isn't someone else being paid peanuts as well!" seems to make it alright when nurses are on their uppers, using food banks, leaving the profession in droves all the while waiting lists are through the roof and life expectancy dropping.

Leaving the profession to work for an agency doing the same job
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come